Neil
14-Mar-2008, 03:18 PM
:annoyed:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36002

Mike70
14-Mar-2008, 03:37 PM
yuck. what is next "children of the corn: LV."

not intending to jump ship from robocop but this caught my eye:

the one interesting part of that article is the bit about "the outer limits" i am a huge fan of both incarnations of the outer limits. i wonder if this is going to be a feature length story or (better yet) an anthology flick. i am serious devotee of anthologies - both film and tv.

bassman
14-Mar-2008, 03:47 PM
So I'm not clear on this. Is it a remake or a sequel?

I like the first film, but the two sequels weren't very good, imo. If they do a remake, hopefully it will be put in the hands of someone that will treat it with care. But we all know that doesn't happen often with remakes these days.:rolleyes:

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2008, 04:12 PM
Ah geez. It better not be a remake. If it has to happen, just be a Batman Begins knock off.

It's unlikely to be good, as they say, Robocop - the original - carries a set of chuddies the size of boulders.

If it's a remake - SUPER-MEGA-LAME - plus, it's merely 21 years old. It's younger than ME for christ's sake! :eek:

Robocop was awesome, IS awesome...and that clip they included on the page - awesome. I remember that used to be cut short here in the UK. At the very least, all the shooting of the body lying on the table was chopped out.

I love those big, splooshy, gloopy squibs...there should be more of those in movies!

bassman
14-Mar-2008, 04:18 PM
Ah geez. It better not be a remake. If it has to happen, just be a Batman Begins knock off.

Batman Begins isn't a remake or a sequel. It's an entirely different series.

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2008, 06:40 PM
Batman Begins isn't a remake or a sequel. It's an entirely different series.
Exactly.

So it doesn't really impact that much upon the other movies...that was what I was trying to say anyway. :)

bassman
14-Mar-2008, 07:09 PM
Exactly.

So it doesn't really impact that much upon the other movies...that was what I was trying to say anyway. :)

My mistake. I thought you were trying to say that Batman Begins is a remake...

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2008, 07:15 PM
My mistake. I thought you were trying to say that Batman Begins is a remake...
No way dude, BB is a whole different Batman 'thing' ... and by 'thing' I don't mean his bat-doodle. :D

I've been reading Tales From The Clerks, so I've got superheroes and nob gags stuck in my head right now. :D

Kaos
14-Mar-2008, 07:44 PM
:annoyed:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36002

I'd buy that for a dollar. :lol:

bassman
14-Mar-2008, 07:52 PM
No way dude, BB is a whole different Batman 'thing' ... and by 'thing' I don't mean his bat-doodle. :D

I've been reading Tales From The Clerks, so I've got superheroes and nob gags stuck in my head right now. :D

What is Tales From the Clerks?

But yeah, BB was a nice and different take on the material. Looks like The Dark Knight will be a bit different, as well. Judging from the trailer and that kick ass prologue, that is.

Back on topic - You know that Murphy/Robocop is going to be some bullsh*t actor like Ashton Kutcher or some other MTV "hip" guy.:mad:

kortick
14-Mar-2008, 09:10 PM
What I am most amazed by is both films in this post
are really dealing with the works of Frank Miller

There would be no Batman dark knight if he didnt
do the comic books in such a bleak manner

and robocop2 was totally a worthless sequel because

"Miller's original script, deemed "unfilmable" by producers, was later turned into a nine-part comic book series called Frank Miller's RoboCop."

If they are not going to get a writer who isnt
afraid to push things then dont bother.

they are even talking about a death wish movie?

without Charles Bronson?

No more robocop, no more death wish
and keep batman as the hero/vigilante/just barely sane
charecter we know.
Thats what separates superman from batman
batman says stop, and if you dont he just snaps your arm.
superman would handle you much less violently.
THATS the Dark Knight, not the color of his uniform.

bassman
14-Mar-2008, 09:26 PM
Nolan's films are only partially based on Miller's novels. And it's a very small portion of it. Batman Begins used small little details from Miller's novels as I'm sure The Dark Knight will, but Nolan's main influence on the films is "The Long Halloween".

Hence the "I Believe in Harvey Dent" that I have as my signature as well as the whole "escalation" theme of the films. Great graphic novel, btw....I highly recommend it.

As for Miller's Robocop - I need to look into that.

Craig
14-Mar-2008, 09:29 PM
I remember I tried watching Robocop once when I was a lot younger, but I really didn't like the scene when the guy that I'm assuming gets turned into Robocop, is killed.

Now I've watched the video on that page, I'm gonna buy it straight away and see what I missed. :D

While I've haven't seen the movie yet, I know it's a classic and a remake/modern sequel probably won't be great, like with Terminator 3... Speaking of Terminator I should buy the second one on DVD as well! Ahh how good it is to have saved Christmas and birthday money.

kortick
15-Mar-2008, 02:31 AM
I am not saying that Nolan is basing his movies
completely on Miller, but that
Miller was the driving force
behind the Batman Dark Knight .

Its is accepted that Nolan is basing
his themes for his films
on Batman Year One (1987 Frank Miller),
Batman: Man Who Falls (O'Neil and Giordnano 1989),
and 3 Batman Halloween specials ,
Batman Choices, Batman Ghosts, Batman Madness
as well as the 13 part story
Batman Last Halloween by Loeb and Sale, (1995-97).

The movies are not adaptaions of these books.
They are merely what he is using
as his guide to the charecters.

Man Who Falls by Giordano and the entire
Loeb/Sale Halloween stories are
all strongly based on Millers work.
Carmine Falcone first appeared in Year one
and was used by Loeb in Long Halloween.

I truly recommend all these books to any Batman fan.

The trade paperback of Long halloween
has extra pages that
couldnt fit in the comics
and are in the Absolute Version.

Sorry owned a few comic stores at one time
and still have over 50 boxes of comics with 300-400
in each box.

capncnut
15-Mar-2008, 02:38 AM
"Come quietly or there will be...

...trouble."

"Aw, f**k you!" :D

Oh, and this is a bad, bad, idea, btw.

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2008, 11:49 AM
Bassman - "Tales from the Clerks" is a collection of the comics/graphic novels of the Askewniverse (Kevin Smith). It's got the Clerks 2 prequel story, the Clerks comics, Chasing Dogma, and the Bluntman & Chronic comics too as well as a bunch of artwork that was used in the likes of Mallrats. Good read for Smith/comic fans. :)

Craig - get the two disc ultimate edition of T2. The Region 1 has both versions (theatrical and special edition), while the Region 2 equivalent only has the Special Edition on it, but the DVD is PACKED with bonus material. I got it a few years back and it's a great DVD.

Robocop - ah mate it's awesome. I've got the R1 20th anniversary edition on my wish list (which has the theatrical AND director's cuts on it). *rubs hands*

Craig
15-Mar-2008, 02:31 PM
Craig - get the two disc ultimate edition of T2. The Region 1 has both versions (theatrical and special edition), while the Region 2 equivalent only has the Special Edition on it, but the DVD is PACKED with bonus material. I got it a few years back and it's a great DVD.
Unless I'm gonna miss a better version of the film by buying the 1 disc version I'm gonna go with that. I'm just not one for special features :P

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2008, 04:57 PM
What's the point getting a DVD and not caring about features? Besides, the 2-disc ultimate T2 DVD is probably well cheap by now, been out for years.

slickwilly13
15-Mar-2008, 05:16 PM
What if they did another Robocop movie, but made it rated R, brought back Peter Weller, and the original creaters of the first and/or second movie?

capncnut
15-Mar-2008, 06:49 PM
What if they did another Robocop movie, but made it rated R, brought back Peter Weller, and the original creaters of the first and/or second movie?
It would still bomb. The time has passed for poor ol' Robo.

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2008, 09:51 PM
And they'd just be trying to make Robocop 1 again, which is pointless.

If you're going to re-launch, it has to be done right (Batman Begins), otherwise it's a lame cash-in or ghey remake.

Wasn't there a slew of cheap-ass Robocop sequels, like 4, 5 and 6? All gash no doubt.

Craig
16-Mar-2008, 12:37 AM
What's the point getting a DVD and not caring about features? Besides, the 2-disc ultimate T2 DVD is probably well cheap by now, been out for years.
Well mainly I buy a DVD of a film I've already seen if I've only got a recorded version off the telly on VHS. The 'behind the scenes' and 'making of' things seem to take a way a bit of the magic of movies for me, plus I don't find it that interesting either.

ZombieGrrL
16-Mar-2008, 12:59 AM
Robocop is one of my favourite movies. It's one of those 80's movies that actually still holds up today (in my opinion) & is just as enjoyable to watch now as it was then.

So, if this is a remake - it's extremely unnessesary. If it is a new chapter in Robocop then it might be interesting.

MoonSylver
16-Mar-2008, 05:36 PM
Wasn't there a slew of cheap-ass Robocop sequels, like 4, 5 and 6? All gash no doubt.

I believe they were episodes of the TV series, edited together to make them "movies" (I used the term loosely). Lame on top of lame. :rolleyes:

I have to say, I actually liked the 2nd one, though. I liked the idea of a 2nd Robocop, all the failures, the fact that it took a certain driven personality type to have the will to survive, etc.

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2008, 07:57 PM
Aye, I quite liked the second movie. Not as good as #1, not at all, but I still found it entertaining and most of the original cast were involved.

Robocop 3, liked it at the time, now it doesn't do anything for me to be honest. Kinda tapped itself out.

Robocop 1 though - awesome.

SymphonicX
17-Mar-2008, 10:14 AM
What I am most amazed by is both films in this post
are really dealing with the works of Frank Miller

There would be no Batman dark knight if he didnt
do the comic books in such a bleak manner

and robocop2 was totally a worthless sequel because

"Miller's original script, deemed "unfilmable" by producers, was later turned into a nine-part comic book series called Frank Miller's RoboCop."

If they are not going to get a writer who isnt
afraid to push things then dont bother.

they are even talking about a death wish movie?

without Charles Bronson?

No more robocop, no more death wish
and keep batman as the hero/vigilante/just barely sane
charecter we know.
Thats what separates superman from batman
batman says stop, and if you dont he just snaps your arm.
superman would handle you much less violently.
THATS the Dark Knight, not the color of his uniform.

I used to have those comics...they were amazing.

bassman
09-Jul-2008, 08:13 PM
A Robocop remake directed by Darren Aronofsky? Interesting, to say the least.

On one hand I want to say "AWESOME!!!", but on the other I'm not too sure about it. It's just a rumor at this stage, anyway. Word is that Aronofsky is "in talks" with the studio about handling the film.

http://joblo.com/aronofsky-on-robocop

Take it with a grain of salt, of course. But it's still cool to think about....

Danny
09-Jul-2008, 08:43 PM
Bassman - "Tales from the Clerks" is a collection of the comics/graphic novels of the Askewniverse (Kevin Smith). It's got the Clerks 2 prequel story, the Clerks comics, Chasing Dogma, and the Bluntman & Chronic comics too as well as a bunch of artwork that was used in the likes of Mallrats. Good read for Smith/comic fans. :)

Got the chasing dogma set ,all boarded, bagged and mint condition in first printings.

*comic book nerd mode off*

-OH WHO AMI KIDDING?!?, COMIC BOOK NERD MODE ON PERMANENTLY! :lol:

Legion2213
09-Jul-2008, 08:48 PM
I always felt like I was watching a live action comic when viewing robocop and starship troopers....if they keep that "feel" and don't take themselves too seriously, the new robocop movie will be worth watching.

"you're gonna be a bad motherf*cker!" :cool:

MinionZombie
10-Jul-2008, 08:52 AM
The original Robocop is all we need thank you, move along ... ... move along. :shifty:

bassman
10-Jul-2008, 12:17 PM
The original Robocop is all we need thank you, move along ... ... move along. :shifty:

HA! You honestly think that will happen?

At least the originals will always be there. Standing the test of time while the remake is forgotten. *cough*Dawn*cough*

MinionZombie
10-Jul-2008, 06:09 PM
HA! You honestly think that will happen?

At least the originals will always be there. Standing the test of time while the remake is forgotten. *cough*Dawn*cough*
Oh totally, but still ... thought I'd express my displeasure at a remake - especially of a film that's YOUNGER THAN ME, and I'm not even mid-way through my twenties fer-cri-sakes!

Also, remakes always get referred to as "the remake of the original classic" or similar (with use of "superior" chucked in when necessary), so har-de-har-har, lamewad remakes. :p