PDA

View Full Version : big gun control case coming up...

Mike70
18-Mar-2008, 09:08 PM
before the supreme court that is going to allow the justices to shut the door on most forms of gun control forever.

at issue is washington D.C's ban on handguns. the court is going to decide whether the 2d amendment ensures an individuals right to own guns (which to my educated mind it certainly does - quite clearly) or whether it is a communal right (an arguement i find unpersuasive in the extreme).

this may be one of the few times you will ever hear me say this but for once i am glad that there are quite a few conservative justices on the court. many of them have made it very clear how they feel about this issue. that it is an idividual right that the govt. needs to keep its nasty paws out of.

link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7302179.stm

Khardis
18-Mar-2008, 09:53 PM
I am curious to see how this turns out. I am hoping for the best. I am a 2nd amendment supporter myself.

Skippy911sc
18-Mar-2008, 09:53 PM
before the supreme court that is going to allow the justices to shut the door on most forms of gun control forever.

at issue is Washington D.C's ban on handguns. the court is going to decide whether the 2d amendment ensures an individuals right to own guns (which to my educated mind it certainly does - quite clearly) or whether it is a communal right (an argument i find unpersuasive in the extreme).

this may be one of the few times you will ever hear me say this but for once i am glad that there are quite a few conservative justices on the court. many of them have made it very clear how they feel about this issue. that it is an individual right that the govt. needs to keep its nasty paws out of.

link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7302179.stm

I couldn't agree more with you on this point. From my cold dead hands! I know that there should be some regulation on firearms...I know a few people that have guns that scare me. But lets not let a few bad apples spoil the bunch...unfortunately most of the bad apple go to town on the good apples using automatic weapons. I think there needs some reform but not a ban...or a ban on certain gun, you can throw that crap out as well.

Arcades057
23-Mar-2008, 03:44 PM
Getting the guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens is all part of the nanny-state program. If you're voting for universal health care, mandatory state-run education, and cradle-to-grave entitlement programs, you are voting for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment.

I dig a lot of what the democrats say, but this issue (preserving my right to defend myself without being forced to rely upon the gubbment) is my #1 issue every time the vote comes around.

SymphonicX
23-Mar-2008, 05:59 PM
I am so not getting involved in this.

Marie
23-Mar-2008, 09:42 PM
About time is all I have to say. Of course the Gun control lobby is going to protray this as the end of civilization but....

M_

strayrider
25-Mar-2008, 06:59 AM
If guns aren't banned in America, how will the commies take over?

:D

-stray-