PDA

View Full Version : a pic of del toro as the wolfman...

Mike70
20-Mar-2008, 12:02 PM
this pic was just released of benicio del toro in the werewolf makeup that is being used in the remake of "the wolfman."

http://www.fangoria.com/graphics/articles/6164_article.jpg

MikePizzoff
20-Mar-2008, 12:18 PM
Cooooooooooooooooool. Looks pretty damn realistic, to me. That is, if werewolves existed...

bassman
20-Mar-2008, 01:29 PM
Hopefully this will turn out good. It should considering Del Toro has been working on it for what feels like forever. I just don't know what to think of the director. He's a had a few good and a few bad....

Danny
20-Mar-2008, 02:07 PM
that looks pretty cool, nice to see its faithful to the good old wolf man and not some dog soldiers top heavy....thing.

p2501
20-Mar-2008, 04:44 PM
yet again Stan Winston is kicking ass.

MinionZombie
20-Mar-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey, the beasties in Dog Soldiers rocked cock. That movie was awesome. All the fur up top bulks them out too, the height is the main thing - another awesome aspect - those buggers were scary as fook in the cinema.

Wolfman remake eh? At least it's a properly old film, not like 30 years or younger.

Still though, the original was great...will the remake bring something a bit 'Batman Begins' to the property, or will it fart like a lame duck?

Danny
20-Mar-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey, the beasties in Dog Soldiers rocked cock. That movie was awesome.

so you didnt like 30 days of night becuase of "plot holes" yet you loved dog soldiers?.......:|

MinionZombie
20-Mar-2008, 08:37 PM
Dog Soldiers was half comedy for one thing, it had more heart - part of which came from it's low budget, boys own production, a bunch of blokes just having a laugh (listen to the commentary to get a taster of the attitude of the set during production).

Dog Soldiers had smart ideas, smart action and smart dialogue - and not in that shoved up your own ass way, and not in that self-referential way, but in that way where it's truly entertaining.

DS is a much simpler movie over-all from a plot stand point. Werewolves in the woods, secret army guys trying to trap them, bunch of normal soldiers on a training mission, they all collide, they all hide out/defend themselves in a farmhouse - awesomeness ensues - they win, the end.

But it's a truly entertaining movie, it's got heart, it's got balls, it doesn't over-reach itself with stupid vampire lingo and a premise which leaves the plot desperately trying to match up...

Ugh, I could go on...but I can't be arsed ... just, ugh ... :rolleyes:

:sneaky::p

Danny
21-Mar-2008, 04:06 PM
aye it was a good movie, but the werewolves did look a bit lame compared to ones like above^, they should have just put on a ben sherman suit and finished the transition to a mod wolf :lol:

MinionZombie
21-Mar-2008, 04:35 PM
:rolleyes:

Thing is here though, they're remaking the original Wolf Man, which was a guy in shirt & pants with a bunch of hair glued on him...seems to me they're referencing that a bit (albeit 21st century style) from that picture at least.

Dog Soldiers wasn't referencing that style of werewolf, and instead focussed on the wolf part, I guess like An American Werewolf in London did with that hideous transformation that was played out nice and long.

Danny
21-Mar-2008, 04:52 PM
best werewolf transofrmation on screen, though vna hellsings was cool too, but not as technically awesome.

MikePizzoff
21-Mar-2008, 05:29 PM
Wolfman from Monster Squad was pretty damn badass looking.

MontagMOI
21-Mar-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey, the beasties in Dog Soldiers rocked cock. That movie was awesome. All the fur up top bulks them out too, the height is the main thing - another awesome aspect - those buggers were scary as fook in the cinema.
They were the exact same ones created for Waxwork by Bob Keen. I like the look of them.