PDA

View Full Version : george romero...

Mike70
23-Mar-2008, 04:39 AM
by the sprites. many moons ago someone (if it was you take credit for it because i honestly can't remember) posted a link to this band's site where you could listen/download their song "george romero."

well i found a fan vid on youtube and i am going to post it for the newer folks who might've missed out on the original link.

"i learned everything from george romero, dario argento, maybe tom savini, stuart gordon and sam raimi."

YaWj7DaPPYw

kortick
23-Mar-2008, 01:46 PM
its available as a song for your myspace page too.

I have it on mine but i don't have it as active
its in the library.

bd2999
23-Mar-2008, 04:30 PM
A fun song, I think I have heard it before. I tend to remembera few other songs devoted to George over time. Some of them have music videos with the band and others not. I remember one was on Bruiser, not zombie related I know. It says something when you make movies and they have such an impact that people then make songs about you..

axlish
23-Mar-2008, 05:07 PM
I like the lyrics but I hate the presentation.

Mike70
26-Mar-2008, 01:40 PM

i am right there with you on that point. the lyrics are really the only attraction with this song. otherwise it is just a light, little emo tune and that sort of music isn't my bag at all.

bassman
26-Mar-2008, 02:36 PM

I would have to agree with you on that. The music made me want to pull my hair out.

I wonder how many bands/artists have made songs about or that mention Romero and his films. The three I know of are these guys, Gorillaz, and The misfits. All of which I don't really like, though...

There's got to be more out there....

Mike70
26-Mar-2008, 11:08 PM
and The misfits. All of which I don't really like, though...

i agree with you about the sprites and gorillaz but -

--approaches bassman, throws down glove--

there is my gage, sir. shall we choose seconds and count off ten paces?:lol::p

bassman
27-Mar-2008, 12:18 AM
i agree with you about the sprites and gorillaz but -

--approaches bassman, throws down glove--

there is my gage, sir. shall we choose seconds and count off ten paces?:lol::p

Never really like them, man. That's not to say that they're bad(can't say the same for the other two mentioned). I guess they're just not "my thing"...

Mike70
27-Mar-2008, 01:35 AM
Never really like them, man. That's not to say that they're bad(can't say the same for the other two mentioned). I guess they're just not "my thing"...

that won't save you now jason.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/animal-satire-kitten-cat-sword-feli.jpg?t=1206581623

:lol: