PDA

View Full Version : Jackass 24 hours...

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2008, 10:06 PM
Just watched the 2 hour 'best of' thingy on MTV ... why bother?

Why put a show on MTV when you can't swear, can barely show Steve-O 'do the furball', and re-hashes that f*cking old-ass & not-funny-anymore Party Boy skit.

I mean why bother? By the looks of things, a massive chunk of that 24 hours was old clips and adverts. :rolleyes:

Still...the Mianus bit had me larfing ... even if it was a re-hash.

When you've got Jackass 2, why bother doing some half-assed, no-swearing-allowed, keep-it-fairly-clean 24 hour meh-fest?

Hmmm...meh.

capncnut
24-Mar-2008, 08:43 PM
f*cking old-ass & not-funny-anymore Party Boy skit.
LOL, Party Boy. That's a skit that got way unfunny seriously quick.

"This music makes me wanna dance...

...I feel like dancing now, actually!"

<Party Boy theme> :rolleyes:

Danny
24-Mar-2008, 09:21 PM
im sort of burnt out on mtv, i havent watche dit in a long, long time. back when stankervision and wondershowzen finished i think and it was nowt but pimp my ride uk (**** off westwood, your 50 years old, your not a school dropout dolie like you make out to be!) and .....ugh, newlyweds years after they divorced.

MinionZombie
24-Mar-2008, 09:28 PM
Newlyweds...:lol:...guess what they've renamed it...

"Where did it all go wrong" or something like that. Basically it's the exact same episodes, but they've replaced the "Newlyweds" with that new title ... aka - LAME.

That Kerry Katona thing is well gash too. Super Sweet 16 is f*cking atrocious, Pimp My Ride sucks and ugh...

MTV needs a kick up the arse big style.

At least Strutter is good - if you ain't seen it, check it out. It's Paul Kaye doing his Sean Penn (in Carlito's Way) impression while swearing a lot and making a lot of sex jokes and showing clips of various things...might not sound great, but it's pretty funny...certainly something decent entertainment wise from MTV anyway, enough of all these reality shows, geez!

Danny
24-Mar-2008, 09:34 PM
of god, kerry ka-****ing-tona, now THATS an attention whore. everytime i go into W.H.smith's shes on the cover of 2 or 3 magazines with yet another "exclusive" about how her life sucks and gets paid for it.
why shes considered a celebrity and not a leech is beyond me.

bassman
25-Mar-2008, 04:30 PM
LOL, Party Boy. That's a skit that got way unfunny seriously quick.

That skit? All of Jackass got unfunny pretty quick, imo. I saw Jackass 2 and laughed a few times, but for the most part it's become even MORE juvenile and repetitive...

clanglee
26-Mar-2008, 12:03 AM
Ok, So I'm an old man and all, but MTV has sucked big green sweaty donkey balls for many years now. I am of course in the "MTV doesn't play videos!!! Rah Rant Rah!!" camp. The occasional decent show they have, no matter how good it is, always makes me wonder "what does this have to do with music exactly?" :rant::rant::rant::annoyed:

AcesandEights
26-Mar-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't mind some of the stuff on MTV, though it's all admittedly swill, but I only ever had passing interest in Jackass. I think most of my interest was that of a rubbernecker at a horrible, school bus rending, nun-mobile crushing car accident.

Sometimes it's just hard to look away, ya know?