PDA

View Full Version : Resi 5????

Dommm
25-Mar-2008, 04:34 PM
Anybody else anticipating this games arrival? apparently Amazon are shipping it out on the 30th of this month and I have ordered my copy....

CoinReturn
25-Mar-2008, 05:47 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no way Resident Evil 5 is coming out this month. It will be released this winter, if at all this year. Word is that it may have been pushed back to 2009.

slickwilly13
25-Mar-2008, 05:47 PM
Hate to break it to you, but that game is not coming out anytime soon. The release date is still TBA and probably won't be out, until this Fall.

Danny
25-Mar-2008, 07:13 PM
lol, 5 days?, man amazons connections must rock for this news not to be on any games sites:lol:

slickwilly13
25-Mar-2008, 07:55 PM
I wished it was coming out this month. It is my most wanted game.

capncnut
25-Mar-2008, 08:20 PM
Amazon are shipping it out on the 30th of this month and I have ordered my copy...
I'm afraid you wont be receiving that for at least another full year.

ProfessorChaos
25-Mar-2008, 08:39 PM
i'm pretty stoked about this one, too, but it's so far off the radar i don't even think about it. there is a pretty good video preview available for download for those on xboxlive.

Danny
26-Mar-2008, 01:13 PM
im more excited about alan wake myself, and as surprised as i am to say it, dead space looks much scarier than resi 5.

Dommm
26-Mar-2008, 03:14 PM
I kind of know that it wont be coming out at the end of the month, but heres hoping as everytime I have checked on amazon it keeps saying the same date to me.... lol you never know if I do get a nice shiny box next week with resi 5 printed on it I will post it next week if not I will go off and sulk somewhere for an hour and damn amazon to hell for getting my hopes up.

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Resident-Evil-5-Xbox-360/dp/B000BLAGO8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1206544434&sr=8-2>

I like the way they say will be released

Dommm
26-Mar-2008, 03:14 PM
I kind of know that it wont be coming out at the end of the month, but heres hoping as everytime I have checked on amazon it keeps saying the same date to me.... lol you never know if I do get a nice shiny box next week with resi 5 printed on it I will post it next week if not I will go off and sulk somewhere for an hour and damn amazon to hell for getting my hopes up.

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Resident-Evil-5-Xbox-360/dp/B000BLAGO8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1206544434&sr=8-2>

I like the way they say will be released

Rottedfreak
26-Mar-2008, 09:48 PM
From what i've seen of the trailers, RE5 is RE4 with glossier graphics and a new temperature gameplay gimmick according to one source. Not a bad thing in my book, since RE4 fixed all that was wrong with Resident Evil.
I wonder what else Capcom has in the works, like a remake of RE2 or Umbrella Chronicles 2 consisting of RE2, 4, Code Veronica and so on.

Danny
26-Mar-2008, 10:21 PM
im more excited about silent hill 5 myself, though alan wakes easily the most sppodge worthy of the 3 :lol:

capncnut
27-Mar-2008, 12:19 AM
im more excited about silent hill 5 myself, though alan wakes easily the most sppodge worthy of the 3 :lol:
Totally agree. RE5 is a mere cockwipe compared to the volcanic spurt that is Silent Hill 5. I much prefer my survival horrors with a bit of clout as opposed to the rehashed violence in the sinking Resi series.

And yeah, Alan Wake is shaping up to be one big gigantic willy wiggle. :D

Craig
27-Mar-2008, 12:34 AM
Totally agree. RE5 is a mere cockwipe compared to the volcanic spurt that is Silent Hill 5.
That's the best and most graphic analogy I think I've ever heard/read.

To Dommm: I'm no avid fan of the Resident Evil series, but even I know you shouldn't expect Resi 5 to arrive at your door any time soon.

Dommm
27-Mar-2008, 10:34 AM
Gotta say I dont expect it to arrive anytime soon but hey if it does it will be a nice suprise....

As far as Slent hill goes I got a copy of the first one back in the PS days and I honestly did not enjoy the game that much, in fact I think it was one of those titles I never bothered to complete before trading the PS in.

I love the resi series though in my opinion I think that resi 4 though amazing lost somthing as far as atmosphere is concerned I hope they regain some of that atmosphere for the 5th line up. As long as Capcom can break a profit from the resi series it will continue to churn it out

capncnut
27-Mar-2008, 10:30 PM
As far as Slent hill goes I got a copy of the first one back in the PS days and I honestly did not enjoy the game that much, in fact I think it was one of those titles I never bothered to complete before trading the PS in.
Mmm, maybe. But Silent Hill 2 annihilates! Even today, it is by far the scariest game out there and the graphics hold up over any of it's sequels. Best survival horror ever made!

I love the resi series though in my opinion I think that resi 4 though amazing lost somthing as far as atmosphere is concerned I hope they regain some of that atmosphere for the 5th line up. As long as Capcom can break a profit from the resi series it will continue to churn it out
I didn't find Resi 4 amazing at all. It was good for a few plays but it's novelties soon wore thin. The Wii edition is the best version but even I left it after completing it once. It's nothing compared to the playablility and storyline of Resident Evil 2, which is the second best survival horror in my book.

Danny
28-Mar-2008, 01:16 AM
^what cap said.

Dommm
28-Mar-2008, 09:36 AM
It's nothing compared to the playablility and storyline of Resident Evil 2, which is the second best survival horror in my book.

I have to disagree my fave of the resi series has to be in this order

1. Resi 1
2. Resi 3
3. Code Veronica
4. Resi 2
5. Resi 0
6 Resi 4

I didn't like the survivor at all I am afraid played it once or twice and traded it.

As far as Silent Hill goes I wasn't impressed with the 1st so never tried the second. I dont know in the first one the white noise indicator just plain irritated me, didn't find it scary at all.

slickwilly13
12-Apr-2008, 02:40 AM
Here's an update. Not much, but worth the read. Talks about lighting and how it effects gameplay. There is also a link to a video. Hints off for more info around July 15-18.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189123.html

Dommm
12-Apr-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah I know dude, been swearing silently to the gaming gods....

I got an email from amazon apologising about the fact it hasn't been released and they would let me know as soon as it is....

Rottedfreak
12-Apr-2008, 07:02 PM
Silent Hill was great, I reckon the original PSone game woud be well suited to the DS and make use of it's features like RE: DS did.

Danny
12-Apr-2008, 07:34 PM
anyone seen the trailer on the exctinction dvd?, after the 5 logo you se a shot of what appears to be rebecca chambers submersed in liquid, given she was close with chris in resident evil adn she was given her own game i think its possible to see her, maybe shes a new b.o.w?

Rottedfreak
13-Apr-2008, 05:38 AM
anyone seen the trailer on the exctinction dvd?, after the 5 logo you se a shot of what appears to be rebecca chambers submersed in liquid, given she was close with chris in resident evil adn she was given her own game i think its possible to see her, maybe shes a new b.o.w?

In Umbrella chronicles, the scenario Nightmare featured her to have a prophetic dream of encountering Yawn, she could have been a Umbrella experiment all along...

capncnut
13-Apr-2008, 08:34 AM
In Umbrella chronicles, the scenario Nightmare featured her to have a prophetic dream of encountering Yawn, she could have been a Umbrella experiment all along...
Yeah, that had me wondering about that as well. What a game!