PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill worth seeing?

MikePizzoff
24-Apr-2006, 08:18 PM
I never go to the theatre. Last time being for LOTD. Tonight I was thinking of going on a date to see Silent Hill...

Now I don't want to know if this movie will just scare the girl into grabbing my arm (third arm, that is)... I want to know if I'll actually enjoy it.

I'm aware that there are already threads about this movie but they were mostly full of spoilers from what it looked like when I skimmed through them, so I didn't really want to read them.

Any help ASAP would be appreciated, guys!

PS - Andreno, I already know you don't like it.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Apr-2006, 08:23 PM
Now there are 3 topics on Silent Hill.

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1014
and
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1019
and
this one.

MikePizzoff
24-Apr-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the help. :bored:

DjfunkmasterG
24-Apr-2006, 08:31 PM
If it is any help... I have heard mixed feelings, but everyone says it did remain mostly true to the game.

HLS
25-Apr-2006, 03:31 PM
I think it was worth seeing. Its a movie that I felt could have been done better in some aspects but it was a bit shocking and scary. I say go for it!

MikePizzoff
25-Apr-2006, 04:37 PM
I saw it last night. I enjoyed it.

Guido
25-Apr-2006, 08:50 PM
i thought it was ok...(without giving away any spoilers) the middle was cool, some freaky stuff, a few startling pop out freaky stuff that will have a girl screaming. i think the ending fell flat though.

MikePizzoff
25-Apr-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah the last 20 or so minutes of the film were pretty disappointing, dragged out, and seemed like they just wanted to get the script over with.

Eyebiter
23-Jun-2006, 05:28 AM
Fairly entertaining movie. Bit disjointed though, not sure why the whole husband part was grafted on to the script. Perhaps to make the runtime longer?

Cody
23-Jun-2006, 05:41 AM
God I hope this movie is worth seeing the games kicked so much ass

general tbag
23-Jun-2006, 05:45 AM
yea if you dig the game is worth watching. almost a true game to film in cinematography . pretty sweet. it does have some issues, but if your a fan of the game go see.

p2501
23-Jun-2006, 03:25 PM
I really liked it, and was supprised at how dark it got. i was not expecting that level of content for a mainstream film.

i say you catch it.

chukrok
24-Jun-2006, 04:07 AM
I was a bit disappointed in this one. Good visuals, just lacked on plot to me.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jun-2006, 05:15 PM
Caught this last night at a 2nd run dump in Glen Burnie MD!

So-So flick, wait for the DVD!

zombiegirl
25-Jun-2006, 05:37 PM
I really enjoyed this movie up until the end. The end just didn't make a lot of sense to me and seemed to drag on a bit. It's very true to the game and I will watch it again when it hits DVD. :)

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 05:04 AM
it does have some issues, but if your a fan of the game go see.

like pyramid head merely being there, ask any silent hill fan and they'll tell you that doesnt make sense.
and i just realised im making the chubaca defense:D