PDA

View Full Version : Woman Threatens Zombiefriends.com With Bill O'Reilly

cinezombi
31-Mar-2008, 12:08 AM
Well... I don’t know quite what to say about this we got an email from a Dorothy Burgess in Birmingham, Al. that says that we are the reason for their son’s behavior. Where this idea comes from I have no idea. We just give a place for horror fans to social network. We are no different than any other site, just about all of the content on the site is loaded by our users. The content in question is horror that has been around way before us. I am sure this is just like the parents that blame rock, movies and pretty much anything that is wrong. This lady has contacted the school and had us banned for the school computer, which is fine. The students shouldn’t be on Zombiefriends at school and the schools should be monitoring what the students are on. It’s not our fault that parents and teachers are not watching what their kids are doing.

Also, In this email she threatens us with Bill O’Reilly? Who is Bill O’Reilly to us? I wrote O’Reilly a year and a half or so ago when he was going against Saw 2 in his Culture War. He said on his show that horror doesn’t contribute to anything positive and is one of the down falls to society. Here is about all I can find on it now, but there was a clip as well. It’s entitled appropriately "Bill O’Reilly wants to ban Horror Movies ( and is a moron )"

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/11/03/bill-oreilly-wants-to-ban-horror-movies-and-is-a-moron/

I wrote to him in an email, stating that he was wrong and pointed out the fundraisers, blood drives and all around good spirit of horror fans. I never got a response and truthful did not care. O’Reilly and I would argue till we were both blue in the face and it wouldn’t mean a thing. Plus nearly two years later and I see how far his culture war has gotten with the MPAA and the horror business. Nowhere! In fact I never heard anything else about this in the media period. Until...

This email with some O’Reilly Fan’s kid making trouble and she wants to blame everyone but her good little boy.

Here are the emails:

Mr. Ty Johnson,

I had a tough time finding out your information but I think you should shut down your site immediately or at least edit the content. I don’t see how you could since everything is vulgar on your site.You are corrupting our youths by giving them a place to indulge in such filth. How can you live knowing that our children are being subjected to the torture and violence on your horrible damnation of a site. I will let you know that I have contacted Bill O’Reilly and other major news sources to let them know what our children are viewing on Zombiefriends. I am forwarding this email to Mr. O’Reilly as well.

You should be ashamed Sir. Ashamed!!!!!

Sincerely,

Concerned Mother
Dorothy

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: oreilly@foxnews.com

Mr. O’Reilly,

I didn’t think to much at first when my children joined different social networking sites on the net. But one day when looking around on my son’s computer, I found zombiefriends.com. A vulgar and horrifying site that he is on regularly. The site is like most others but has pictures depicting death and violence and other unthinkable acts. I asked my 14 year old son Steven about the site and he said that he learned about it from school. They have computer class and him and his friends talk back and forth on this site. I noticed something different about my son because he started acting violent at school, getting in fights and all kinds of trouble lately. It isn’t like my son to do this. He is an honor student and has never gotten in trouble before. This site like other social networking sites has profiles, blogs and videos. But with uncensored content and young kids as young as 11 - 13 talking about killing, satanic content, drugs, It is filth, just plain filth. The thing that bothers me is that a lot of parents worry about Myspace, what I have learned is there are far worse things. I have alerted the school, teachers, and other parents about this site. The school has banned it on their computers, but I want to get the message out about the horrible things on this site and our children could be talking to possible murders or something far worse. I know that you have talked about things like this on your show before and you have done a great job on making people aware about horrible things that are corrupting our children and families. This site is able to corrupt our youths because they interact in this internet environment with each other, without any supervision with every wrong form of media all rolled into one. How do we get the message out there about this plague.

Thank You,

Dorothy Burgess
Birmingham, Al.

My answer,

We’ll Mrs Burgess...We are not the cause for your son’s bad behavior. Its probably the other kids at school, drugs, or maybe you don’t watch him close enough. Who knows? Who Cares? But, the one thing I know is that he didn’t go bad from us. Good move on alerting the school, the kids should be learning not on our site, we agree. It’s just a shame that the parents have to make the schools aware of something distracting them when the teachers are suppose to be watching them in the first place.We are not pushing Horror down anyone’s throat! Not Yet, Anyway!

And as for Ol’ Bill O’Reilly if he emails you back tell him that we said he is a moron and that goes for FOX NEWS as well. They are one sided and just instill more fear and confusion into an already horrified and baffled world. There are far more frightening things than in films, music, and websites. and they are all right outside of your home.

If you want to chime in on this ludicrousness, feel free to leave a message below.

Also, if you want to drop Bill O’Reilly a message or Dorothy Burgess here is their email as well.

Dorothy Burgess
dot.burgess@yahoo.com

Bill O?Reilly
oreilly@foxnews.com

VIVA LA HORROR!

-CINEZOMBI

Update:

I found the video and transript from Bill O’Reilly

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226685,00.html

Purge
31-Mar-2008, 12:15 AM
What a stupid jade.

I applaud you for coming out swinging, CZ; sounds like she needs to get herself a life.

Mike70
31-Mar-2008, 12:54 AM
her complaint fails on several levels.

1. this is a clear cut first amendement issue-period. the govt. cannot tell you what you can say on the internet (unless you are threatening to murder people, blow up bldgs. - but that isn't free speech it is the commisson of a crime.)

i know that people like this fool and bill o'reilly have no respect for free speech nor any respect for anyone with an opinion that isn't theirs. bill o'reilly and folks like him are nothing but enormous hemorroids on the anus of society.

2. as a parent myself i get really fooking irritated by lazy ass parents that want media pundits and the govt. to take care of their kids and monitor what they watch, see and read. that is your frakking job as a parent. not the govt's. nor ignorant ass pundits like bill o'reilly jobs at all. yours-big fat period at the end of that one too.

3. if this moron doesn't want her child (granted if this kid is 14 his/her parent has every right in the world to determine what sites the kid visits) there are many software programs out there that will allow her to block her kids access to certain sites. there is no reason to go crying to the media. get the software ( a lot of it is free shareware) and use it.

i find this sort of thing really, really irritating.

p.s in the rare chance you ever get invited on o'reilly's show, instead or arguing with him you should sit there and read the first amendment over and over again, every time he asks you a question.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

by the way i have just joined your site.:)

Tied2thetracks
31-Mar-2008, 01:29 AM
Even I will not back O'Riely on censorship.

IRA_LCPL
31-Mar-2008, 02:10 AM
this is for O'Riely

DeadJonas190
31-Mar-2008, 05:41 AM
I find it ludicrious that this woman blames your website for her childs behavoir change and then admits to watching Faux News, the most fear mongering and hateful made up news on the planet. Never mind the fact that most American news casts are more violent than anything else out there, they glorify the violence in our society by making every murderer an instant celebrity.

Bill O'riley is a moron, plain and simple, his no spin zone is a Bill Spin Zone as he never lets anybody who disagrees with him get a word in and he will talk over people instead of letting them speak their mind.

This woman needs to turn off the TV and start parenting her kid instead of blaming others for the kids problems.

Neil
31-Mar-2008, 11:52 AM
Great response :) Shame he didn't spell check it first!

bassman
31-Mar-2008, 02:01 PM
Seems to me that she's just wanting attention....

cinezombi
31-Mar-2008, 09:11 PM
She is persistent, I'll give her that. Thanks for your comments and support.

Second Email: Angry Mom Doesn't Like Horror Fans Either

We responded to her email yesterday and received this today.

Mr.Sanders,

I do believe your site is the problem. I don't allow my child to watch horror films or even read horror books. He did not start liking this filth until him and his friends started chatting back and forth on your site at school. He told me that at first, it was a place for him to talk to people but then it grew on him. He has started wearing only black and him and his friends are convinced they are going to make horror movies. (Not if I have anything to do with it.) Again I say, I am rallying to get parents aware of your site and I will not stop until it is off the internet.

And to your reject cult of Antichrist members and fans. Stop emailing me! I will not respond to your stupid pagonistic views. And please take down my email address from your site.

Dorothy Burgess

----- Original Message ----
To: dot.burgess@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:38:54 PM
Subject: Re: Horror Of Social Networking

Well Mrs Burgess,

We are not the cause for your son's bad behavior. Its probably the other kids at school, drugs, or maybe you don't watch him close enough. Who knows? Who Cares? But, the one thing I know is that he didn't go bad from us. Good move on alerting the school, the kids should be learning not on our site, we agree.

It's just a shame that the parents have to make the schools aware of something distracting them when the teachers are suppose to be watching them in the first place. We are not pushing Horror down anyone's throat! Not Yet, Anyway!

And as for Ol' Bill O'Reilly if he emails you back tell him that we said he is a moron and that goes for FOX NEWS as well. They are one sided and just instill more fear and confusion into an already horrified and baffled world. There are far more frightening things than in films, music, and websites. and they are all right outside of your home.

I do hope you find what is troubling your son, but you will find it isn't us.

Thank You,

Will Sanders
Director Of Promotions
Zombiefriends
cinezombi@zombiefriends.com

If you are just finding out about it all messages are in our blog at
www.myspace.com/zombiefriends.

This is art that someone sent us on myspace.

http://a15.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/l_08908c1927e572ddf2dc6119d68f812e.gif

Mike70
31-Mar-2008, 09:51 PM
argh. i didn't want to judge this lady as a christian nutjob but there it is in her own words.

i guess we will all have to find some way to live with our pagan (which by the way has no O in it) anti-christ, reject selves.

oh the pain of being a social misfit.:D

actually if this lady starts to harrass you with her friends you might just be able to turn the legal tables on her. therefore, i wouldn't respond to her again and if i were in your position i would take down her email and ask people not bombard her with emails.

ZombieGrrL
01-Apr-2008, 01:30 AM
This woman should spend some time with her son instead of wasting that time complaining about a website. If she had actually done that in the first place then she would get to know him better. I hate it when parents blame everyone but themselves.

kortick
01-Apr-2008, 02:21 AM
I said it a long time ago and everyone
disagreed with me, but now you see its true

sometimes a woman needs an open handed smack in the mouth

like this one

give her a good hard open handed smack in the mouth
and the words bill o reilly and pagan will never cross
her lips again.

its like hitting a reset button.

i strongly urge any man in her life to immediatley
give her an open handed smack in the mouth.

ZombieGrrL
01-Apr-2008, 02:28 AM
sometimes a woman needs an open handed smack in the mouthRidiculous comment.

AcesandEights
01-Apr-2008, 03:38 AM
sometimes a woman needs an open handed smack in the mouth...its like hitting a reset button.

Kortick, if I knew you in real life, I'd be buying you a custom tshirt that said that for your birthday :D

Hitting women is no laughing matter, but it was funny the last time you said it too :lol:

dannoofthedead
01-Apr-2008, 04:12 AM
I'd like to pass a pettition around to see if we could have this woman's internet privileges suspended by the federal government. While we're at it, can we have her and her kid spayed and neutered to prevent this from seeping any further into the gene pool. Why is it so hard for people to accept responsibility for their actions. If your kid is screwing around, acting like a moron and is a fan of Jesus Christ, should we write a letter to Bill Oreilly begging him to help ban Christianity? I'm sorry your son got drunk on green beer on St Patty's Day, I know, all the Irish should be banished away into a camp.

And one day, when I rule the world the stupid people will be tagged and tracked just like endangered animals in the wild. Until then we'll have to deal with crackhead and her son.

I'm sorry, I'm just irate tonight. I just spent the last 12 hours listening to grown people make excuses for why the world is making it hard for them and their precious little children to live and here we are faced with the same thing again. Her kid has started acting weird (or she just now pulled her own self absorbed head out of her butt) and wants to blame someone other than herself for her juvenile delinquent's activity. If parents stayed involved, didn't like what there kid was doing, they'd puty a stop to it by telling them NO! Not by writing to pundits and people that don't give a crap and demanding a tradition as long as human civilization been around. Next she'll want a book burning of anything that might inspire her son to question authority, religion, government or the boundries and taboos of whatever society he is a part of.

I agree with Kortick, hit the reset button on this broad!

And how about a little more?!

If she wants to break her son from an interest in horror, TURN OFF THE NEWS!!!

All we get on every news channel in every part of the nation is the raping, pillaging and wholesale murder that goes on in our own cities and across the world on an hourly basis!

My kid isn't allowed to watch it just like he (at 3) doesn't watch scary movies with daddy either. Okay, a bit hypocritical since he does go to zombie walks with me but back on topic. If you pay attention and stay focused in your kid's life (provideed he not some sexually deviant serial mass murderer in training) he won't grow up to be some low life scoundrel like Bill O'reilly.

Okay, this time I think I'm done.

Dommm
01-Apr-2008, 01:39 PM
, but I want to get the message out about the horrible things on this site and our children could be talking to possible murders or something far worse.

I just loved this line in her letter

:hyper:

I wonder if he went on Christian websites wether she would worry about paedophillic priests or on a islamic website if he would start attaching bombs to his chest....

Mike70
01-Apr-2008, 02:02 PM
thanks cinezombi, her latest email has given me a brand new sig.

i think i'll leave this one up for awhile.
:D

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2008, 06:44 PM
Scip is right, don't give her anything she can use against you, like the email thing.

But she is a total asshat...sounds to me like her kid has finally become a teenager. Teenager boys tend to wear black and like horror movies. :p

Also sounds like they're acting out against an intensely strict up-bringing, that too tends to happen, I've seen it before with people I know who've had strict or somewhat troubled up-bringings, they end up lashing out.

DJEvelEd
02-Apr-2008, 03:52 PM
I would agree that the news on Faux TV does more to twist children's minds than a message board. Unfortunately American news is so watered down and sanitized that I'm not even sure it is news. It's more of a political stance and propaganda spreading machine that these uneducated mothers are prone to. I guess they see how they were hypnotized by Rush Lindbaugh, and Bill O'Reilly and think the same will happen to their children from a zombie website.

Is it the chicken or the egg? Did the child see a scary website that made them act-a-fool and start wearing black, or did they like to wear black, act-a-fool and then gravitate towards scary websites.

The hypocracy is hysterical:
"Mom can you help me study?"
"Sorry son, I'm busy writing petitions to remove a website from the internet"

What an uneducated C with too much free time!!!!!

Mike70
02-Apr-2008, 04:10 PM
I
What an uneducated C with too much free time!!!!!

totally. everything we have seen from the this lady just screams out uneducated bumpkin who soaks up whatever her minister and fool/idiots like bill o'reilly and rush limbaugh tell her.