PDA

View Full Version : surprised this didnt get mentioned

kortick
01-Apr-2008, 02:29 AM
Been busy, but i figured i hear something about this. You guys have no comment on having to put electric shock bracelets on everytime you get on a plane so the stewardess can zap you if you get unruly?

Air safety proposal: shock-bracelets controlled by flight attendants
March 20, 2008

Lamperd, a "firearm training system" company, has patented a bracelet that delivers debilitating shocks when remotely triggered.

Their killer app for this is aviation safety: they're proposing that the TSA could force everyone who flies to wear one of these and then flight-attendants could zap us into a stupor if we turn out to be Al Quaeda.

A method of providing air travel security for passengers traveling via an aircraft comprises situating a remotely activatable electric shock device on each of the passengers in position to deliver a disabling electrical shock when activated; and arming the electric shock devices for subsequent selective activation by a selectively operable remote control disposed within the aircraft.

The remotely activatable electric shock devices each have activation circuitry responsive to the activating signal transmitted from the selectively operable remote control means.

The activated electric shock device is operable to deliver the disabling electrical shock to that passenger.

Mike70
01-Apr-2008, 02:42 AM
exsqueeze me??!!

that is one of the craziest god damn things i have ever heard.

wow for once i am...i am almost speechless but not quite -

do they want to kill the airline industry? who is going to fly when the flight attendants can shock you if they think you are being "unruly."

clanglee
01-Apr-2008, 03:18 AM
:stunned:

seriously?
:annoyed:
should I just give up right now?
:dead:

Marie
02-Apr-2008, 05:08 PM
exsqueeze me??!!

that is one of the craziest god damn things i have ever heard.

wow for once i am...i am almost speechless but not quite -

do they want to kill the airline industry? who is going to fly when the flight attendants can shock you if they think you are being "unruly."

This we agree on, plus, airlines can't even get your luggage to the right place 100% of the time, how do we know they won't be shocking the wrong passanger (Excuse me, piece of cargo, I forgot, passangers aren't human).

M_

Legion2213
02-Apr-2008, 05:50 PM
What's wrong with good old armed air marshals? It works for "El Al", and there is less chance of an air marshal blasting you to death by accident than some stewerdess leaning on the old "fry 'em" button and zapping all the passengers...

Skippy911sc
02-Apr-2008, 06:44 PM
I am not opposed to this as long as the passengers have the controls of the stews bracelets...fair is fair...shock me...shock you.

SRP76
02-Apr-2008, 06:59 PM
It doesn't affect me, since I was never stupid enough to create a disturbance on a plane. Of course, most people can't help themselves.

The thought of a wicked stewardess randomly shocking passengers for fun makes me chuckle. This kind of device could be so easily abused.

Mike70
02-Apr-2008, 07:01 PM
I am not opposed to this as long as the passengers have the controls of the stews bracelets...fair is fair...shock me...shock you.
:lol:

--buzz--
"hey lady, what was that for?"

"you didn't fasten your seatbelt soon enough, sir."

"oh yeah, well right back at ya."

--buzz--
"and one for you, i see you reaching for that button."

--buzz--

"and you too."
--buzz--

"sir, i didn't do anything to you."

"the hell you didn't. you didn't give me any peanuts when they went around. here's one to grow on lady."

--buzz-

Chic Freak
02-Apr-2008, 07:22 PM
Lol. I went to Portugal recently and the ass behind me was bitching at one of the stewards the whole way. If I'd had a cattle prod to hand I'd have probably zapped him myself :elol:

But yeah, I doubt any airlines will actually introduce this, can't imagine it would exactly be great for business.

Legion2213
02-Apr-2008, 07:40 PM
:lol:

--buzz--
"hey lady, what was that for?"

"you didn't fasten your seatbelt soon enough, sir."

"oh yeah, well right back at ya."

--buzz--
"and one for you, i see you reaching for that button."

--buzz--

"and you too."
--buzz--

"sir, i didn't do anything to you."

"the hell you didn't. you didn't give me any peanuts when they went around. here's one to grow on lady."

--buzz-

LOL, this reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where they go to anger management classes and end up zapping each other in much the same way. :D

Chic Freak
02-Apr-2008, 08:52 PM
It made me think of that, too! :D

Mike70
02-Apr-2008, 09:03 PM
that particular simpsons ep doesn't stick out at me.

i guess i could've been subconsciously channeling it but i doubt that. that was all my own idiocy - as usual.

on another tip:

these things will never fly (all puns intended) for many, many reasons. can you imagine the size of the lawsuit if, say, someone with a heart condition or a pacemaker got zapped by one of these things accidentally, then ended up dying from a heart attack? the potential liability the airlines would be facing would be immense. then there is the whole civil liberties issue. if something like this was even being suggested for use in prisons/jails there would be an immense howl about it. yet now, here comes this company (that is obviously trying to sugarcoat this in order to make money) and they want to stick them on airline passengers. the truely nutty thing is that 99.99% of airline flights happen without a single problem or a single complaint - so what, exactly is the point?