PDA

View Full Version : Diary Of The Dead DVD (1st Look)

cinezombi
01-Apr-2008, 07:19 AM
George A. Romero's Diary Of The Dead DVD will hit stores May 20th, 2008. On that same day a re-released 40th Anniversary Director's Edition Night Of The Living Dead DVD will also be released with new transfer and brand new features yet to be announced. The Diary and Night Covers and our Review are over at Zombiefriends.com.

http://www.zombiefriends.com/club/news.asp?nid=60

Choas
01-Apr-2008, 09:46 AM
I can't wait.I have not seen the movie yet.I'am getting it the day it comes out.:hyper:

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2008, 11:08 AM
Cool...but a bit pissed off about the Night DVD. I got the Millennium Edition last year, geez! Plus I've got another copy of it on DVD, gah!

Perhaps rent the 40th, eh?

I wonder what the features on the R1 will be ... and will they be different to R2? Hmmm...I don't want to get the R1, if the R2 is gonna be better (occasionally happens, sometimes UK gets exclusives on such releases).

capncnut
01-Apr-2008, 04:03 PM
Cool...but a bit pissed off about the Night DVD. I got the Millennium Edition last year, geez! Plus I've got another copy of it on DVD, gah!

Perhaps rent the 40th, eh?
Tell me about it, I shell out for the Euro 40th anniversary edition and then The Wankstains <cough> Weinsteins go and pull this out on our asses. I'm betting that we've probably got 95% of the 'extra' material on this one anyhoo.

DubiousComforts
01-Apr-2008, 04:23 PM
Tell me about it, I shell out for the Euro 40th anniversary edition and then The Wankstains <cough> Weinsteins go and pull this out on our asses. I'm betting that we've probably got 95% of the 'extra' material on this one anyhoo.
What are the Euro extras?

I have the Italian 40th release and I'm betting the extras will be different because the licensing of said materials seems to be questionable at best.

capncnut
01-Apr-2008, 07:18 PM
What are the Euro extras?

I have the Italian 40th release and I'm betting the extras will be different because the licensing of said materials seems to be questionable at best.
The Euro version IS the Italian version. Except it's not available to buy in the UK unfortunately, I had to buy it online.

Legion2213
02-Apr-2008, 12:15 PM
RE, Night. F.F.S! I bought the nice steelbook edition a few months ago, now I've got to buy another one!. :(

Choas
02-Apr-2008, 12:24 PM
I just check,and I have the day off from work on May 20th.I'am going to the store first thing in the morning,and buying Diary.As for the 40th anniversary of NOTLD,just have to wait and see what extras are on it.:hyper:

bassman
02-Apr-2008, 12:27 PM
What makes this night 30 a "directors cut", anyway? Did Romero go back and film more scenes this time?:p

I thought all available extra footage was damaged in the flood of the basement? Surely he didn't just shorten or re-arrange the scenes and add new music?:stunned:

Phildogger
02-Apr-2008, 01:06 PM
I just check,and I have the day off from work on May 20th.I'am going to the store first thing in the morning,and buying Dairy.As for the 40th anniversary of NOTLD,just have to wait and see what extras are on it.:hyper:

What Kind of Dairy? Milk, perhaps? :)

MinionZombie
02-Apr-2008, 01:22 PM
RE, Night. F.F.S! I bought the nice steelbook edition a few months ago, now I've got to buy another one!. :(
Ah geez, did you get that tin box R2 edition of Night with the girl zombie on the front?

Ugh, I got that - and it's cut by 4 minutes! :eek:

An absolute shedload of zombie action has been sucked out of the movie for no apparent reason, for example, the killing of the mother is cut from about 16 stabs to 3. There's also a load of zombie munching and so on cut out. Absolutely abominable, I bought it, discovered it was cut, took it back next day and got my money back. :mad:

Legion2213
02-Apr-2008, 02:23 PM
MZ, mine is the krauty version from amazon.de, fully uncut, 14 stabs with the trowel and everything (yes, I did count them). :D

Comes with a decent colourised version and a third disc with some docs and other bits and bobs on it...I didn't know there was a UK steelbook version to be honest with ya.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XEF54JCCL._AA240_.jpg

MinionZombie
02-Apr-2008, 05:41 PM
Ah well you're alright then.

The UK steel book is a total rip-off for aforementioned reasons.

Millennium Edition, woo! :)

tkane18
03-Apr-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm going to sit back and wait for the 50th anniversary edition.
I'm sure that will be the ultimate, kick-ass edition! :lol:

bassman
04-Apr-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm going to sit back and wait for the 50th anniversary edition.
I'm sure that will be the ultimate, kick-ass edition! :lol:

That's actually a good plan. Better than wasting the money on a new one when I already have the millenium edition...

Moon Knight
11-Apr-2008, 03:45 AM
Getting both!

My NOTLD version was a cheap giveaway when I used to work for EBGames. (it came packaged with Hunter the Reckoning) So I'm not upset bout this version- could be worse. :p

Griff
13-Apr-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm sure this is being called the Director's Cut because of the 30th Anniversary Edition.

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2008, 10:14 AM
Any word on the special features?

Hopefully the R1 and R2 releases will be identical, so I can get the R1 straight away weeks before the R2 comes out.

Eat Flesh
15-Apr-2008, 06:18 AM
Any word on the special features?

Hopefully the R1 and R2 releases will be identical, so I can get the R1 straight away weeks before the R2 comes out.

I am curious about the special features as well. At this point Amazon still seems to not even have a listing for the DVD.

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2008, 10:25 AM
I've pre-ordered the R2 just in case, it's 2-Disc "limited edition".

No mention of how many discs for the region 1 version.

However, features for the R1 are apparently:

* Audio Commentary
* 4 featurettes
* Making of Documentary (presumably lengthy)

I wish they'd pimp the info out on both R1 and R2 so I can finally make a friggin' decision and commit my ass to one or the other! :mad:

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2008, 12:36 PM
Looks as if the Region 2 DVD - the 2-disc limited edition steel tin one - is the version to get, assuming the previously stated features of the R1 are all it's getting in America.

R2 2-disc:

# Commentary with Romero, editor Michael Doherty and Director of photography Adam Swica.
# Into the Camera: Interviews with Josh Close, Amy Lalonde, Joe Dinicol, Philip Riccio, Michelle Morgan, Shawn Roberts, and Scott Wentworth
# Speak of the Dead: A highlight from George Romero's public speaking event at the Bloor Cinema in Toronto in August 2007
# Master of the Dead:Interview with George A. Romero with introductory comments from producers Peter Grunwald, Sam Englebardt, Ara Katz, Artur Spigel and executive producer John Harrison
# You Look Dead!: A look at the film's practical Make-up Effects
# A New 'Spin On Death': A detailed look at the Visual Effects work of SPIN VFX
# A World Gone Mad: A look into the photography and design.
# The Lead Up to Diary: UK Exclusive interview from Frightfest '08
# 90 minute documentary on Romero and the Dead series (tbc)
# Character Confessionals: featuring actors Joe Dinicol, Amy Lalonde, Shawn Roberts, and Michelle Morgan.
# Familiar Voices: A look at the recordings of Guillermo Del Toro, Simon Pegg, and Stephen King's celebrity background voices in the film.
# Shorts: "The First Week" - "The Roots"

I hope that 90 minute doc is confirmed to appear, it bloody well should do as it's on the R1 version of the DVD - I assume that'll be the making of listed on the R1 anyway.

So from this, it seems as if I'll be sticking with R2 on this one...which is cool in that there are more features, but it sucks in that it comes out at the very ass-end of June, 5 weeks later than the R1.

Ah well ... I'll no doubt still be distracted by GTA4 during the wait...

Zombill
19-Apr-2008, 08:14 AM
Ah well ... I'll no doubt still be distracted by GTA4 during the wait...
Oh the mods that people are already talking about for that