PDA

View Full Version : live footage of a camel spider

Danny
02-Apr-2008, 10:06 AM
XOXvdfcct8g

guess its not an urban legend after all.

Neil
02-Apr-2008, 12:00 PM
Poor thing :(

ps: Please post stuff like this in the Media Forum...

Legion2213
02-Apr-2008, 12:39 PM
Urgh. No. Not even clicking play on that one...they are horrible looking bastards, to misquote Kaufman "Camel spiders, they give me the creeps"

bassman
02-Apr-2008, 12:41 PM
Urban Legend? I've always heard they were real....

And very dangerous...

mista_mo
02-Apr-2008, 12:45 PM
these things have been known to science for years.

slickwilly13
02-Apr-2008, 01:50 PM
They are not dangerous at all. All urban b.s.. The stories about them hanging off the bellies of camels to feed and biting people, unless you pick it up, is nonsense. I wished I had one for a pet.

Danny
02-Apr-2008, 02:56 PM
sorry niel, clicked the wrong section, and yeah, according to most urban legends a few years back they werent even real, let alone the wierd arachnids, but not spiders, they raelly are, they look like a giant ant to me.

ProfessorChaos
02-Apr-2008, 03:54 PM
i saw a couple of these dudes in iraq. nasty little bastards. when we'd be on patrol outside the wire, sleeping outside and whatnot, you'd always want to shake your boots out before putting them back on....would hate to find one of those guys inside my boot the hard way.:eek:

Tricky
02-Apr-2008, 07:06 PM
I remember seeing that picture of one a couple of years ago that those marines were holding up,it looked facehugger off aliens size!!it was just the camera angle though thankfully!i still wouldnt like to come across one though!

kortick
03-Apr-2008, 04:39 AM
They are harmless

I know soldiers in Iraq who saw them
both in Gulf war I and Gulf war II

I also know people who have found them
in their garages and houses in calif,
new mexico and arizona

they eat bugs and are non venonous
and are more like a scorpion

they dont scream as they attack you
and they dont chase you, they avoid sunlight
so they try to get in your shadow.

worry about a recluse spider not this big dummy.

Neil
03-Apr-2008, 08:07 AM
They are harmless

I know soldiers in Iraq who saw them
both in Gulf war I and Gulf war II

I also know people who have found them
in their garages and houses in calif,
new mexico and arizona

they eat bugs and are non venonous
and are more like a scorpion

they dont scream as they attack you
and they dont chase you, they avoid sunlight
so they try to get in your shadow.

worry about a recluse spider not this big dummy.
They don't jump on your face and lay eggs in your intestines then? Oh! :)

MikePizzoff
03-Apr-2008, 12:57 PM
I feel like I'm going to throw up after watching that video. I'm very arachniphobic so I can't even phathom how someone would have the balls to actually tie that thing down.

Ugh now I'm all itchy and scared.

mista_mo
03-Apr-2008, 01:16 PM
I feel like I'm going to throw up after watching that video. I'm very arachniphobic so I can't even phathom how someone would have the balls to actually tie that thing down.

Ugh now I'm all itchy and scared.

I agree..even though it isn't a spider, it has a similar body structure to one, and brings about images of the beasts in my mind..

you try waking up one morning to have a hairy goddamn spider splayed out across your face, thats always fun :)

I screamed like a little school girl. And Brown Recluses are scary little turds; in some cases (though not all) their venom will cause the skin and tissue surrounding the bite to necrotise (die) and leave very large and disgifuring scars.

capncnut
03-Apr-2008, 02:32 PM
I think that video is kinda cruel. Either feed it to your lizard or leave it the f**k alone. :mad:

Neil
03-Apr-2008, 02:51 PM
I think that video is kinda cruel. Either feed it to your lizard or leave it the f**k alone. :mad:

I agree! OK, it looks scary/odd, but don't damage the poor thing by string cutting across its abdomen! :dead:

slickwilly13
03-Apr-2008, 04:04 PM
Those things appear to be very hardy, so I don't think was in any pain being binded down. It was more of the fact that these camels spiders are very fast and hard to catch. They had to tie it down, so it wouldn't run off during filming. I believe they are able to eat prey as large as mice or small rats.

kortick
04-Apr-2008, 07:09 AM
They don't jump on your face and lay eggs in your intestines then? Oh! :)

No, that part is true.

Everything else is not.