PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Secret Invasion issue 1 MAJOR SPOILER RANT HERE TRUE BELIEVERS

Danny
03-Apr-2008, 11:01 PM
"WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!?:eek:"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/SI_1_DCP_044-45.jpg

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE ****!!!!

that was my reaction, ou ahd a spoiler warning so odds are youve read it or dont care about spoiling it so lets recap, electra gets killed adn her body returns to a skrull form, so she was a plant. now a skrull ship crashes and it emits a virus wich haywires everything, and THESE THINGS come out of the ship.

1: enough with the helicarrier crashing
2: no more ****ing hijacking of the iron man armour, so tony stark can improve it each time but never get around the hijak problem?
3: dear.god.not.another.retcon.

im PRAYING there clones that turn into skrulls genetically via the ultimate sleeper system adn they escaped before the skrulls could do that and ,thinking they were the real deal, headed for earth, otherwise all the great story arcs since like the 90's are all going to have been "not for real-real" and i would officially be done with marvel comics if that happened.

your thoughts?

p2501
03-Apr-2008, 11:51 PM
i say this as a marvel fan, but marvel crossover's equal teh gay.

they've yet to put out a decent cross over in the last fraking decade. also the Skrulls are such a writing crutch it's hard to taken them seriosuly.

trust me save yourself some money and pick up wasteland, or fell or mice templar.

clanglee
04-Apr-2008, 12:07 AM
I havn't kept up with comics since the Inferno Crossover in the late 80/early 90's. But I did read the core Civil War books, and they were quite good.

Danny
04-Apr-2008, 01:41 AM
i think im in bizaaro world lately, ive gone form wmp to itunes, pc to mac and now im enjoying the main dc plots more than marvel, whats this world coming to?!?:lol:

kortick
04-Apr-2008, 02:28 AM
According to writer Brian Bendis, there have been hints of the Skrull plot placed as far back as New Avengers #1, when an unknown figure hired Electro to break into the superhuman prison known as the Raft, and 2004's Secret War, which culminated in Nick Fury being removed as head of S.H.I.E.L.D. and going underground for many years.

Its an odd storyline for sure.
A who do you trust page on marvel.com plus 2 online comics
updated 3 times a week add to the mess

in the end fury will be back at shield and it will be told who
is a skrull and when they were taken.

I find a skrull invasion storyline boring.
A four year build up to the skrulls?
who appeared in FF#2 and Reed Richards hypnotised them
into turning themselves into cows forever so they wouldnt
be a problem anymore. ahem. sorry.

people wonder why i miss the days of the Xmen
being done by Claremont/Byrne.