PDA

View Full Version : Romero's will...

Neil
04-Apr-2008, 11:13 AM
...do you think in his will he's asked for the track from the end of Dawn ("The Gonk" by Herbert Chappell?) to be played at his funeral (when it happens)... Da da da dumm... da da da dumm... da da da d d d d d da dum...?

I'm tempted to have it at the end of my funeral...

SymphonicX
04-Apr-2008, 11:27 AM
Romero is immortal....but I bet Donald Rubinstein would play at it....

krakenslayer
04-Apr-2008, 11:51 AM
You sod!! My heart leapt when I read that heading! :eek: :lol:

Neil
04-Apr-2008, 11:59 AM
You sod!! My heart leapt when I read that heading! :eek: :lol:

My bad! I've changed the subject to prevent other such shocks!

bassman
04-Apr-2008, 12:12 PM
The original heading freaked me out too. I thought I had woken up to find that Romero passed on in during the night....

It would be great to have The Gonk at a funeral. How funny would it be to have the reporter from Night played at your funeral? "The bodies of the recently deceased are returning to life and....":lol:

SymphonicX
04-Apr-2008, 06:45 PM
He's dead, he's all messed up... :)

Yojimbo
09-Apr-2008, 07:54 PM
Funny you should mention this, but recently I was going over my preneed arrangements with my wife and she has reluctantly agreed to allow the playing of "The Gonk" at the end of my funeral services, so this is now set down in writing as one of my requests that a funeral director will be required to follow after I kick it.

Although she too is also an avid DOTD 78 fan, her primary issue with the Gonk was that she felt that it would be disrespectful, but, hey, it's literally "my funeral" :skull:

MikePizzoff
09-Apr-2008, 07:57 PM
Funny you should mention this, but recently I was going over my preneed arrangements with my wife and she has reluctantly agreed to allow the playing of "The Gonk" at the end of my funeral services, so this is now set down in writing as one of my requests that a funeral director will be required to follow after I kick it.

Although she too is also an avid DOTD 78 fan, her primary issue with the Gonk was that she felt that it would be disrespectful, but, hey, it's literally "my funeral" :skull:

:lol: I got a good kick out of that. Props to you, Jimbo!

Neil
09-Apr-2008, 08:28 PM

Wow! :)

Mike70
09-Apr-2008, 08:47 PM
well a bit off the issue of romero's will but on the subject of what is to be played at funerals, i have put it in writing that i want "see ya later fu*kface" by the queers played right before i am sent up in smoke.

jdog
09-Apr-2008, 09:10 PM
that would be a good tribute at a funeral of a true dawn fan. i might have to think about that now, maybe i will play it at mine also lol.

EvilNed
09-Apr-2008, 09:25 PM
I want to have the Zombi-main theme playing, all while strings are pulling my upper body up from the casket, as if I was slowly rising from the grave.