PDA

View Full Version : HPotD gets a mention in the National Post in Canada...

Neil
08-Apr-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/media/nationalpost.jpg

capncnut
08-Apr-2008, 09:09 PM
Nice! Some decent pimpage there. :thumbsup:

Danny
08-Apr-2008, 09:14 PM
the soldier ones tend ,by and large, to creep me out, as many will spend a page or two describing a head eploding fomr a sniper rifle bullet and thats..... unsavoury that someone would spend a good 5 to 10 minutes in a row thinking about something like that.

i know not everyone who writes those kind of stories are poeple who masturbate a gun barrel but there there adn the subtext of those scares the **** outta me.

clanglee
08-Apr-2008, 10:22 PM
Neat article. I often forget about the good stuff in fiction section. Funny I should be reminded about it from an outside source. Need to give it a look-see soon.

Mike70
08-Apr-2008, 10:46 PM
the soldier ones tend ,by and large, to creep me out, as many will spend a page or two describing a head eploding fomr a sniper rifle bullet and thats..... unsavoury...

ditto. when i mosey into the fiction section (not very often i'll grant) i tend to avoid any story that smacks of the soldier type.

Legion2213
08-Apr-2008, 11:36 PM
the soldier ones tend ,by and large, to creep me out, as many will spend a page or two describing a head eploding fomr a sniper rifle bullet and thats..... unsavoury that someone would spend a good 5 to 10 minutes in a row thinking about something like that.

i know not everyone who writes those kind of stories are poeple who masturbate a gun barrel but there there adn the subtext of those scares the **** outta me.

Heh, go and read "Target Practice" by Dan Buker, one of my all time fave zombie fics on this site. :D

FoodFight
13-Apr-2008, 09:43 PM
That's funny. When I first read the article, I had just learned of Gary Ridgeway's (Green River Killer) fascination with automobiles. At least IRL the driver type should deserve their fair share of scrutiny.

SRP76
15-Apr-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't think they can lump stories into two "camps" like that. It isn't like so-called "driver stories" don't have their share of exploding heads, and the "soldier" tales usually have plenty of travel in them. So exactly where does the line get drawn?

Of course, you can just appease everybody by joining the "Drive-By" camp, having your heroes shoot zombies while driving down the interstate.