PDA

View Full Version : P2 and Juno ... thought-age...

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2008, 12:21 PM
P2:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04/p2.html

Juno:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04/juno.html

One good, one not so good...

bassman
09-Apr-2008, 12:33 PM
Well.....you've just convinced me to buy one of those movies. But one of them I knew I would never consider buying. Bet you can't guess which one?:p

Mike70
09-Apr-2008, 12:34 PM
i saw juno awhile back. it was pay up time for my wife sitting through i am legend.

going in i thought it was going to be yet another sappy ass chick flick with all the attendant melodrama, cheesy "romance" and what not. i was surprised, pleasantly in this case, that i was wrong.

great characters, great writing all wrapped up in a story that isn't judgemental or preachy at all. juno is what a movie ought to be - it tells an entertaining story and lets the viewer put whatever meaning to it that they see fit. there isn't anything contrived or forced about it as a film.

bassman
09-Apr-2008, 12:35 PM
a story that isn't judgemental or preachy at all. juno is what a movie ought to be - it tells an entertaining story and lets the viewer put whatever meaning to it that they see fit. there isn't anything contrived or forced about it as a film.

Sounds like this must be Jason Reitman's "thing". Thank You For Smoking was the same. No preaching or forced views.

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2008, 12:47 PM
Both excellent flicks, Jason Reitman is clearly one to watch for the future. :)

AcesandEights
09-Apr-2008, 01:43 PM
What a dead-on, well worded review of Juno!

It's ashame about P2, though. I'd had hopes the flick would offer something worthwhile, but it didn't entice me enough to check it out in the theater and after reading your review, MZ, I don't know when I'll get around to checking it out.

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2008, 05:55 PM
The only upsides to P2 are:

1) Lead actress has a great rack. :p
2) Two good gores scenes in the entire movie.

That's it. :lol:

Juno was great. :)

DeadJonas190
09-Apr-2008, 08:36 PM
I couldn't agree more about Juno. I have seen this movie 3 times and am going to buy it when it comes out next Tuesday.

bassman
10-Apr-2008, 03:40 PM
I couldn't agree more about Juno. I have seen this movie 3 times and am going to buy it when it comes out next Tuesday.

I know that it's being released on DVD next week and i'll probably pick it up anyway, but do you think it's worth seeing in theater? I'm asking because this independent theater here in Atlanta is playing it for a week or so.

MinionZombie
10-Apr-2008, 06:38 PM
I know that it's being released on DVD next week and i'll probably pick it up anyway, but do you think it's worth seeing in theater? I'm asking because this independent theater here in Atlanta is playing it for a week or so.
I don't think the experience is any different, or majorly affected by seeing it in a cinema (unlike seeing The Matrix in the cinema versus on DVD), so take your pic how you see it really. I don't think it's really dependent on any viewing circumstances.