PDA

View Full Version : cockpit view of a space shuttle launch...

Mike70
10-Apr-2008, 01:05 AM
with all the attendant sounds the astronauts hear and all the shaking that goes on.

iwfsFtpACFw

this is a rather long vid at almost 11 min. it follows the launch from about 3 minutes before launch until the shuttle reaches orbit.

and damn, when the SRBs separate what a noise they make.

MinionZombie
10-Apr-2008, 10:26 AM
Neat video.

It'd be cool if we could see a sort of 'nose view' of it all, going up through the sky and then into space, that'd be awesome ... but I imagine incredibly hard/impossible to achieve.

Neat video though, it must be the weirdest, but most amazing thing ever to get blasted into space. :)

Neil
10-Apr-2008, 12:26 PM
It'd be cool if we could see a sort of 'nose view' of it all, going up through the sky and then into space, that'd be awesome ... but I imagine incredibly hard/impossible to achieve.

I'm happy to tape Naomi Campbell on there with a camcorder?

Mike70
10-Apr-2008, 12:59 PM

not exactly a nose view. this is atlantis from several different views, all the way from launch to orbit.

aoZai3MnG5k

MaximusIncredulous
10-Apr-2008, 06:20 PM
Neat video.

Neat video though, it must be the weirdest, but most amazing thing ever to get blasted into space. :)

Theoretically is should be possible. I remember seeing a vid of a Delta rocket (I think) back in the late 90's showing the outside view from launch to orbit. For the shuttle they might be able to attach a small vid blister on top of the cockpit and enclose a camera in there. Could work.

Dommm
11-Apr-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm happy to tape Naomi Campbell on there with a camcorder?

why the naomi campbell hate, gotta say i had a little thing for her for many years...

bassman
11-Apr-2008, 01:41 PM
Cool video. There are parts where it seems as though it's not that loud for them.

And anyone know what that mirror was for?:rockbrow:

Skippy911sc
11-Apr-2008, 01:49 PM
I actually thought it would be a rougher ride than that. I think the mirror is for them to see outside.

Mike70
11-Apr-2008, 02:13 PM
And anyone know what that mirror was for?:rockbrow:

skippy is right. it lets them see some of the view outside.

Legion2213
11-Apr-2008, 02:21 PM
2 great vids there guys....thanks for sharing. :cool: