PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV Excitement Thread (nee Anticipation)

Pages : [1] 2

ProfessorChaos
11-Apr-2008, 09:30 PM
So, we're getting pretty close to the release date, and I honestly can say that I've never been so stoked about the release of a game. With all the hype, controversies, delays, etc. this game has got a lot to live up to. My personal expectations are HUGE, and from what I'm reading, Rockstar will once again deliver.:thumbsup:

http://xbox360.ign.com/launch/grand-theft-auto-iv.html

Just wanted to begin a thread for all of us GTA junkies who are twitching like a nervous chainsmoking rabbit on a six-day coke bender. Those interested please share your thoughts, and here's to the 29th!:elol:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/861/861219/grand-theft-auto-iv-20080320034008916.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/861/861219/grand-theft-auto-iv-20080320034025135.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/861/861219/grand-theft-auto-iv-20080320034042103.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/861/861219/grand-theft-auto-iv-20080320034017776.jpg

capncnut
11-Apr-2008, 09:35 PM
I

want

this

game.

Since I pre-ordered it last week I got the pangs big styley. I've been reading the blog previews from journo's who are playing it already in preparation for the reviews next week. It sounds incredible and the achievements should be something to really get our teefs into. ;)

mista_mo
11-Apr-2008, 11:05 PM
I want a GTA game where i can play as a middle income moderatly succesful Canadian.

Craig
12-Apr-2008, 12:44 AM
This is one game where simply playing to get achievements should actually be fun. Anyway, I am very excited about this game! :hyper:

slickwilly13
12-Apr-2008, 02:11 AM
I am thinking about getting this, too, but I am not sure. Unless some people can convince me purchase it.

MinionZombie
12-Apr-2008, 11:22 AM
I am thinking about getting this, too, but I am not sure. Unless some people can convince me purchase it.
If you're not being sarcastic, you deserve a smack. :D

What confuses me, is why in many of the screenshots that have been released, do they have that fuzzy look to the graphics? It's like a filter they deliberately put on there. Screenshots prior to them doing this looked amazing, and some that have come out since have looked amazing, but some have this fuzzy looking filter on them for some odd reason.

Like in that first pic, look at the rain and the neon signs on that building - see what I mean, what's that about?

Anyway, to fill the whore-ish gap between a couple of weeks ago and GTA4 turning up, I got BioShock (awesome game) to play to take my mind off of waiting for GTA's triumphant return.

I sincerely hope there's no cock-blocking cock-up, like the game runs sh*t and they have to pimp out an update to fix it, but then that causes a hassle itself (like when Bully: Scholarship Edition was released), that'd be super lame - however, it's doubtful considering the sheer amount of anticipation and hype and the added 6 months development time, so it should run smooth as piss down a slab of ice. :lol:

I look forward to that vibe you get when playing a new GTA game. Just walking around a bit going "ooh and ahh" and getting a random car and just driving around a bit to get a feel for the setting and for the game itself. I remember that vibe with San Andreas and Vice City, that sense of wonder from something new is always cool. :)

I look forward to racking up some achievements in it too, some of them sound well cool. :)

Roll on the big day of arrival! I just hope it gets posted to me prior to the day of release so that I get it on the day, or just before. It'd be lame to have to wait extra time (especially having had it pre-ordered for a whole year already) and for everyone to be jizzing up a storm all over Nico's mush and I'm sat here with dry, unlicked balls. :lol:

Tricky
12-Apr-2008, 11:38 AM
I really want this game!however it also means buying a PS3 (no,i dont want a 360) and my real life car has cost me an absolute bomb in servicing & insurance this month so it will have to wait,also got a skydive & holiday to pay for this summer so i think it'll be later in the year when i get round to playing it,so il just have to read the threads about it on here & sulk :lol: no doubt it will come out on PC later,& my PC would have no problems running it,but GTA is first & foremost a console game & thats final

slickwilly13
12-Apr-2008, 03:20 PM
Actually, I am being serious. I do not if I will like the game or not. I have played GTA since the 1st one on PS1 and everyone after that. While the series has improved greatly, I just don't know if I should get it. Or for which system for that matter. Remember I have all 3 current gen consoles. I will admit that this GTA is the best looking one so far. But looks are not everything.

MikePizzoff
12-Apr-2008, 05:53 PM
What confuses me, is why in many of the screenshots that have been released, do they have that fuzzy look to the graphics? It's like a filter they deliberately put on there. Screenshots prior to them doing this looked amazing, and some that have come out since have looked amazing, but some have this fuzzy looking filter on them for some odd reason.

Like in that first pic, look at the rain and the neon signs on that building - see what I mean, what's that about?

I think it's because the screenshot was taken while there was motion going on in the game. Like, the camera was following the car when they took the shot.

Tricky
12-Apr-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope its better than san andreas anyway!that game started well but then it disappeared up its own arse when it started getting you shooting down swarms of blackhawks & going on about aliens etc,you started the game as a lowly gangster & it should have stayed that way through the game!

MinionZombie
12-Apr-2008, 06:53 PM
Aye, San Andreas got carried away a bit, a bit scattergun over all, trying to do so many things and got a bit removed from a decent shred of reality.

GTA4 should redress the balance. Mind you, I put well over 100 hours into GTA:SA. :)

There were more screenies released today, as well as yet another mini-trailer (damn, they're pimping those out as fast as a chav girl craps out 'keds'). Some of the screenies had more of that fuzziness, which doesn't really look like motion to me, it looks like an effect added afterwards to the screenies for some odd reason...:confused:

Very odd...maybe it is motion, I duno...very odd.

Roll on GTA4!

Andy
12-Apr-2008, 07:38 PM
Vice city is my personal favourite GTA, but 4 may, and probally will, top it..

But yeah, vice city is better than san andreas without a doubt, possibly down to my age lol.

BTW - GTA4 special edition on pre-order :D :D :D

ProfessorChaos
12-Apr-2008, 07:39 PM
Actually, I am being serious. I do not if I will like the game or not. I have played GTA since the 1st one on PS1 and everyone after that. While the series has improved greatly, I just don't know if I should get it. Or for which system for that matter. Remember I have all 3 current gen consoles. I will admit that this GTA is the best looking one so far. But looks are not everything.

wow, you are serious....that's odd, man, because gta4 is pretty much the prime reason i moved on from a ps2 and purchased a next-gen system.

i mean, i really enjoy dead rising, cod4, halo3, etc, but i've never played a gta game that wasn't worth it's price (even lc stories and vc stories, which were only $20 on ps2-not great, but still fun).

imo, gta is the gold-standard for sandbox games, and gta4, with online multiplayer, a totally-redesigned liberty city, and nex-gen graphics and gameplay is gonna blow the doors of every other game that comes out this year.

if you own all three systems, you owe it to yourself to at least check it out. i know i'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but i've got a pretty good hunch that this game will be worth every penny and every agonizing second we've been waiting.

MinionZombie
12-Apr-2008, 07:42 PM
Ooooooooooh ... check you out and your wads of cash. :D

Normal edition for me, Sir.

Vice City is my all-time favourite GTA game, the story, the style, the whole 80's thing - supoib.

Will GTA4 top it, or become the close second in my all-time GTA preference list?

ProfessorChaos
12-Apr-2008, 08:22 PM
zeNQ1xLzwTg

MikePizzoff
12-Apr-2008, 08:42 PM
Hm, anybody know if parts of the original Liberty City will be recreated in this game?

Tricky
13-Apr-2008, 11:50 AM
zeNQ1xLzwTg

:lol: i like it,the sense of humour hasnt been lost!
I hope theres still those old blokes walking around liberty city saying "yup,aah've been drinkin' again"

CornishCorpse
13-Apr-2008, 12:14 PM
Mhm Got it pre-ordered. I Walked into game to trade in my copy of DMC4 walked out dazed with a preordering slip for GTA. I cant complain though it looks to be amazing, anyone who wants to wet their whistle if you go to the official rockstar website they have let some of the big gaming sites play it ( gamestop, ign, kotaku ) and theres a list of about eight sites with their take on the whole thing.

One more thing, the graphics arent crap its just that the shots where it looks bad ( and it really does ) is because there is an artistic filter over the top. Besides GTA has never been about graphics its always been about the gameplay.

CoinReturn
13-Apr-2008, 04:09 PM
Rockstar confirmed, like most games, that the multiplayer graphics would be toned down a bit to help with latency issues. Good move, as eliminating lag is paramount to a good online experience.

OXM UK got the world exclusive first review, and they gave it, of course, a 10/10. Some quick points revealed in the review:

-360 exclusive downloadable content is apparently 10 hours long.
-Your ingame mobile creates radio interference.
-The Stooges on the soundtrack.
-In some missions you have to decide who lives and dies. 'more time agonising over one particularly tough choice than we did over harvesting Bioshock's little sisters'
-Headshot drivers who fall on the horn and the accelerator.
-Achievement for assasination missions called 'Assassin's Greed'

About the mobile
'You start out with Roman's cast-off mobile, good only for text and calls, but a later upgrade is much more useful. You're sent photos of assassination targets, can snap photos of your own to check on any police car computer, and can buy new ringtones and themes from your computer'

Cabs
'Being able to take cabs everywhere is a huge time-saver. albeit not cheap. The authentic view of the back of the dirver's head and the city through the window...'

Grumbles (pre-final build):
'Cover system stumbling in box-filled environments'
'Slightly over-enthusiastic target lock-on'
'The occasional pop-up'

You can read the review scans below, Here is the the last page/score:

http://i26.tinypic.com/69orjr.jpg
Page 1 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODyBz_h-fTM23zvJLYHCKdah-A_mpAa35poT89z8bKoZDfgrDRjN36JMVrjvLCGXccy3RDQgzI9 OZQ/OXM-REVIEW-1.jpg)
Page 2 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODyk6eEYg_gdpHRUgKupccjhOuLzq3bYqV6GN4_ WLtshRLCVWjwok0VG7GyFHpjc8m3QRZ6-ifj3Fg/OXM-REVIEW-2.jpg)
Page 3 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODyBUJsPaTm3k4t37BKELWUEp2npfzMtEVXHQD7 GL8x32aiZuuNwdDlQRRdZA76kZAaLvSEGmjW7Lw/OXM-REVIEW-3.jpg)
Page 4 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODw1RAZZWJLNJsm7cqsnEgAfmk4DbRbhjxtuWNn h0Va5GgQfXmMItdI187SrAgrcSUHxmkF5zyajrA/OXM-REVIEW-4.jpg)
Page 5 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODxeUbZXFGX7fojsiviKzniPN09cSNKqRpUxQx8 hDozXjjp6748xSz3DE9sAUQJYPYi_CyTmCkuGZQ/OXM-REVIEW-5.jpg)
Page 6 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODycBAmFLCt21RsxZmQvzc3UqV7GQ26RO07CAmd qP6gBjiSGX6ghNY61mnbsAQmeY6Dcsyzs1VC4yw/OXM-REVIEW-6.jpg)
Page 7 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODzLzD3JqJu-qnxZAkmgzKztpsGKHsOj_Qtp2cIX853uQeoXPSqJ0LXfODdAUo 37r40Qw5aKkqSTjQ/OXM-REVIEW-7.jpg)
Page 8 (http://abnavg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pl2USyEPDODzef2cFAZaHvyaFkRUudtKA6hdnf4WfeKpDB7t 5u5Kh-n9ioq8Xhhogdz2VZSNq1Vp7Og344DjzzQ/OXM-REVIEW-8.jpg)

MikePizzoff
14-Apr-2008, 05:27 PM
Ohhh boy :rolleyes: , if you go on the GTA IV website you can look at various places/people from around Liberty City and one of them is 'Burger Shot' which has the description of "kill your hunger". There is also some fancy restaurant and a diner. I hope this doesn't mean we've got another San Andreas on our hands, in the sense that you need to friggin eat, cause that was annoying.

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2008, 05:30 PM
The whole weight thing was taken out completely cos it was sh*te, they said that ages ago, so in turn that'll mean not having to eat either ... that's what I'd bet on.

It'd just be one of those things, you can eat if you want, or maybe you might gain some health from eating - like in Saints Row.

SymphonicX
14-Apr-2008, 06:33 PM
This thread has made the wait for this game even more agonising.....!

Nice one!

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2008, 10:14 PM
This thread has made the wait for this game even more agonising.....!

Nice one!
lol, innit just! :p

I'm keeping my mind off it with BioShock, as previously said, and other purchases (roll on Knocked Up 2-disc DVD which was on sale, and the new M83 album - ho yeah!) :cool:

Danny
14-Apr-2008, 11:36 PM
im still not feeling it, it might be the modern setting, had a blast dusting off vice city last night, running over hookers to video killed the radio star is much more fun without consequences:D

Craig
15-Apr-2008, 02:05 AM
more fun without consequences:D
hellsing, is there something you're not telling us about your murky past?

ProfessorChaos
15-Apr-2008, 05:29 AM
im still not feeling it,

somebody on that side of the atlantic smack hellsing for me.
thanks.

CoinReturn, thanks for posting the excellent review.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii.:|

Two weeks from tonight, the local store with my pre-ordered copy is less than a five-minute walk from my pad....then I'll be elbow deep in the blood of the citizens of Liberty City!!!!

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2008, 10:13 AM
*smacks hellsing from this side of the Atlantic* - there, job done as requested. :D

Also - I'm about one touch of the bell-end away from exploding my load all over my undercrackers right about now, damn...still only half way through April, sheesh...

This is like that guy in Friday 13th Part 6 who's shagging that proper fitty and she says he has to last till the end of the song, which has 10 minutes left to run ... geeeeez.

:D

Annnnnd - cheers for the scans, Sir! :)

SymphonicX
15-Apr-2008, 10:33 AM
lol, innit just! :p

I'm keeping my mind off it with BioShock, as previously said, and other purchases (roll on Knocked Up 2-disc DVD which was on sale, and the new M83 album - ho yeah!) :cool:

Yeah I'm sating my epetite for this game with Fable which i downloaded off the marketplace...very cool game actually, but still...I want GTA damnit!!!!!

slickwilly13
15-Apr-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't know. $60 could buy me a 70 lbs heavy bag on clearance. Use it as a grappling dummy. GTA 4 or generic grappling dummy? Decisions.....

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2008, 05:00 PM
...the f*ck's a "generic grappling dummy"?

Is that slang or cover-up talk for a Real Doll?

Pfft, unless it's a Real Doll, it's GTA4 up top all the way. I read that article that was put up, it's odd to read such detail about it without having access to play it, you know how something might sound harder or fiddlier by the sound of it, but you'll never know until you play it, and then it'll probably be better than you might have thought.

Duno really...still canny wait for the game though, sounds awesome with all the detail, I look forward to surfing the GTA4 version of the internet - your email account in-game even gets spam! :lol:

slickwilly13
15-Apr-2008, 05:15 PM
These are grappling dummies, dummy. *L*

http://www.combatsports.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=2417

You strike and throw them around. Its a condition tool for wrestlers, grapplers, and mma fighters. They can be used for practicing diffrent mounts and passing guards. The prices are very high and that doesn't include shipping. I bought a handmade 130 lbs 6' by 13 " Thai bag last December. The shipping alone was almost $80.

Btw, this isn't a joke post.

SymphonicX
15-Apr-2008, 05:32 PM
Funny how we're excited to be recieving spam....I guess it's because it's guaranteed to be funny....!

I reckon the aiming system is still gonna be pants, not convinced with the "hold the trigger halfway to free-aim" thing....having said that, it never really did my brain in too much in the originals - so I don't really care...it's gonna be fun for at LEAST 10 hours, but most likely fun for a long time...godamnit I'm dying to play this f**ker.

Craig
15-Apr-2008, 05:45 PM
GTA is just one of those games you can pick up to mess about on for months, even years after it's release. I know if I still played my PS2 as much as I used to I'd probably have played SA sometime in the last few days. Hopefully GTAIV will be as easily accessible as the others so I can just jump in and go on a killing spree or do some stunts whenever I get the urge, though they got it right about five times in in the last 8 years so I think I can count on it.

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2008, 11:15 AM
Was gonna post this in its own thread, but remembered about this thread, so...

GTA4 sucks at sucking:
http://gamepolitics.com/2008/04/17/t2-shareholders-meeting-reveals-perfect-review-scores-for-gta-iv/

Also, it's already "in transit" to retailers. So hopefully the place where I pre-ordered it from will get their stocks in early so that it's posted early, which would mean I'd either get it a day or two early, or ON release day - that's the only risk with pre-ordering stuff online, you could end up waiting past the launch day to get it...but hopefully such a thing won't happen with GTA4...I'd better haul ass on BioShock, I've not played it for 2 days (and my new memory unit turned up yesterday, for those who are interested :)).

ProfessorChaos
18-Apr-2008, 11:28 AM
yeah, i read that they're already on route, so maybe i'll pop in to my local gaming joint with a tenner in hand for the clerk, then try to get my mitts on it a day early...:shifty:

ten days. this latest commercial looks great:
n5nFvE67t7s

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2008, 12:29 PM
Aye apparently that's the UK television advert for it, saw that on ActionTrip about an hour ago, cool-ass advert too. I love it when they have an advert with just game footage in it, I can't be doing with those fake-ass 'CGI that tries to look like gameplay' adverts, they just lame.

I want to see what I'd be seeing when I put the disc in, not some CGI mock-up fakery.

Anyway, GTA4 ... looking sweet.

It's already gone Gold too, as huge releases such as these tend to do, set for $400 million in it's first week too apparently, but I doubt much of that will be coming from Australia or New Zealand, where ('cos of having no ratings above MA15+), they're only getting some lame edited version. Apparently pre-orders have dropped dramatically as a result in those territories from pissed off gamers who are going to import it from elsewhere or just pirate the sh*t out of it.

Wake up Aus & NZ, get an adult game rating already, stop being lame!

Meanwhile, here in the UK, it's 18 uncut - the suitable rating for it. Ah mate, bring it on! :)

SymphonicX
18-Apr-2008, 01:02 PM
didn't the Aus version of resident evil have green blood? I know the German version did....seems Aus are quite big on censorship which is very disappointing....

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2008, 06:21 PM
didn't the Aus version of resident evil have green blood? I know the German version did....seems Aus are quite big on censorship which is very disappointing....
I find it quite odd, cos the Aussies don't have a reputation of being prudes at all.

You'd have thought they'd just be "ah f*ck it" about it and let it through, the Aussies are generally not a bunch of wimps, so I'm well confused why there's so much fuss regarding there being an adult game rating. So many other countries have them, so why not Aussie-trail-ee-ah?

ProfessorChaos
18-Apr-2008, 10:16 PM
so, i found out today that the joint where my preorder is placed WON"T be having a midnight release...:(

which means that instead of jammin the night away from midnight to 0700, i've gotta sleep that night, then get up and go to work the next morning, then pick up my game, but i've got class about 90 minutes after i get off work, then another class (this one a 3 hour lab), so i won't be able to really sink my teeth into it till that night...

i don't know which is more depressing, the fact that it won't be in my hands until much later than i thought (i've waited long enough, dammit!), or the fact that a video game has this much of a grip on me.:lol:

SymphonicX
19-Apr-2008, 07:19 AM
I'd say both PC - don't worry we're all in the same boat :)

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2008, 10:55 AM
Aye, we've all been waiting a long time for this, the antici ... ... ... pation has been building up like Stan's dad's spoodge when the internet has gone down. :D

CornishCorpse
19-Apr-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey guys been distracted with coursework and sorting out my funds for university but have been keeping an eye on GTA4. Seems alot of gangs are forming which should be a good laugh when the game gets going, Ive joined the Exiles essentially like Reservoir dogs so if you fancy joining up you should be able to click my sig or jus pm me. Its a good laugh and everyone are good people I mean we have a 360 division and a ps3 division and nobody has started on that stupid argument. Its bit of a laugh, had some nerdy guy from a diffrent clan pose as a spy for some reason and try to hack our ips...Bah revenge killing.

All the info Ive got so far is that

SPOILER ALERT!

yeah you still have to eat to gain health and the floating health pickups are gone from the game, you can stash stuff in youre car since things are being realistic rather than you carrying like 30 weapons you may still be able to but I know you can stash guns and so on in the boot of you car. The whole of the map will be open for gameplay in multiplayer, the only diffrence anyones mentioned so far is that the quality goes down while online and that was one reviewer out of eight so make youre own decisions.

Unlock more clothing as you play online but thats pretty much all the online levelling up system does, nothing as good as cod4. Thats about it cept for I cant wait to play this game been playing cod4 from some of the guys from my clan and unreal warming up for gta. Anyone on here have a PSN?

SymphonicX
20-Apr-2008, 01:19 PM
I can get this game next saturday, for a tenner extra, three days ahead of release...but it'll cost me 15 quid to get down there to buy it....what do you all think? Is it worth it?

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2008, 01:25 PM
So an extra 25 quid to get it 3 days early - no way dude, not worth it.

You shouldn't have to pay for getting it earlier, such an event should be a nice bonus for free. :)

I finished BioShock earlier, so now I've got a bit of a gap between now and GTA4 ... ah well ... no doubt I'll plug that whole with a whore's load of porn. :lol:

Danny
20-Apr-2008, 01:26 PM
Seems alot of gangs are forming which should be a good laugh when the game gets going, Ive joined the Exiles essentially like Reservoir dogs so if you fancy joining up you should be able to click my sig or jus pm me. Its a good laugh and everyone are good people I mean we have a 360 division and a ps3 division and nobody has started on that stupid argument. Its bit of a laugh, had some nerdy guy from a diffrent clan pose as a spy for some reason and try to hack our ips...Bah revenge killing.

:|........

SymphonicX
20-Apr-2008, 01:31 PM
So an extra 25 quid to get it 3 days early - no way dude, not worth it.

You shouldn't have to pay for getting it earlier, such an event should be a nice bonus for free. :)

I finished BioShock earlier, so now I've got a bit of a gap between now and GTA4 ... ah well ... no doubt I'll plug that whole with a whore's load of porn. :lol:

yeah i guess, three days early and nearly 100 for the game itself....hmmmmm...its a bit unbalanced...I only got a tenner to last the month and really shouldn't r*pe my overdraft like that...

capncnut
20-Apr-2008, 01:44 PM
Exactly. I wouldn't cough up a fiver to have it three days early. Mine arrives first thing on the morning of release, I'm happy with that.

SymphonicX
20-Apr-2008, 01:54 PM
Still, I could buy it early and then give you all a report on how great/gash it is....

Danny
20-Apr-2008, 02:02 PM
paying 100 quid for a game.

is it 1981?:lol:

CoinReturn
20-Apr-2008, 02:30 PM
The most I ever paid for a game was $80 for Chrono Trigger on SNES the day it came out. I ended up paying the same price for it on Ebay 10 years later.

Anyway, I'm still debating whether or not I'll be heading out at midnight to pick up my copy. I did it with a few friends for Halo, but I'd have to go alone for GTA4 since they all have to work the next day. What tools.

mista_mo
20-Apr-2008, 02:34 PM
no, it's 1973

http://cache.thenewsroom.com/ap/2007/09/18/ent_0918xMusic_week_400x300.jpg

Simona
You're getting older
Your journey's been
Etched on your skin.

Simona
Wish I had known that
What seemed so strong
Has been and gone.

Chrous:
I would call you up every Saturday night
And we'd both stay out 'til the morning light
And we sang "Here we go again."
And though time goes by
I will always be in a club with you in 1973
Singing "Here we go again."

Simona
Wish I was sober
So I could see clearly now
The rain has gone.

Simona
I guess it's over
My memory plays our tune
The same old song.

And though time goes by

And though time goes by

And though time goes by
And though time goes by

slickwilly13
20-Apr-2008, 03:43 PM
paying 100 quid for a game.

is it 1981?:lol:

I don't know if Atari games were that expensive. At least I don't remember them being that high. And yes, I do remember 1981.

MikePizzoff
20-Apr-2008, 04:08 PM
Mista Mo.... what the hell is wrong with you? This is a thread about GTA, not some song about the year 1973.

mista_mo
20-Apr-2008, 05:02 PM
Mista Mo.... what the hell is wrong with you? This is a thread about GTA, not some song about the year 1973.

Dunno if ya mean that rudely or what, but it was a response because hellsing said it was like 1981, so i simply thought ahead and said 1973 and then that song came into my head so i thought i'd share.

Besides, I haven't slept in like 2 days...and i just got off work...ughhh..headache time.

ProfessorChaos
21-Apr-2008, 12:50 AM
so far i've seen three reviews, all giving it a 10/10. one of those reviews mentioned that this GTA has the best soundtrack of the entire series (and that's saying something, if you ask me) 18 radio stations, and if you go here: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=music you can preview a few of them. i like electrochoc (don't like this kinda music outside of GTA, but something about techno and running from the cops is appealing to me) and wktt (talk) radio so far...bet the classic rock one is gonna be awesome.

8 days, gents....

by way, 700 posts, yeah boyee!

Craig
21-Apr-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm looking forward to this new Radio Vladivostok, I'm into all things Russian :D

Danny
21-Apr-2008, 02:23 AM
so far i've seen three reviews, all giving it a 10/10. one of those reviews mentioned that this GTA has the best soundtrack of the entire series (and that's saying something, if you ask me) 18 radio stations, and if you go here: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=music you can preview a few of them. i like electrochoc (don't like this kinda music outside of GTA, but something about techno and running from the cops is appealing to me) and wktt (talk) radio so far...bet the classic rock one is gonna be awesome.

8 days, gents....

by way, 700 posts, yeah boyee!

radios allways been an appeal of the gameplay for me, like driving around vice city in a full on 80'smobile with billy jean going on or riding a chopper around red county to the country channel they add a great extra to the gameplay, but a necessary one when you consider some missions in san andreas would have just been 15 minutes of silent driving if they werent in there.

MinionZombie
21-Apr-2008, 09:56 AM
Apparently loads of the music will be stuff you've never heard of, or lesser-heard stuff, rather than the big names & titles of previous installments - same for the celebrities in the game too, less big names like Samuel L. Motherf*ckin' Jackson, but still celebrities...so that'll be interesting, considering a lot of them will be playing themselves apparently.

Canny wait! :)

Craig
21-Apr-2008, 12:59 PM
Ricky Gervais will be performing in the comedy club so I've read :hyper:

MinionZombie
21-Apr-2008, 03:13 PM
Ricky Gervais will be performing in the comedy club so I've read :hyper:
Oh yeah, the comedy clubs in the game, hell yeah I wanna see what that's all about. Also, apparently there's 2 hours worth of in-game television. :D

Reminds me of Max Payne, although hopefully it'll be fancier than how it was in that game though - still a neat little touch for entertainment's sake. :)

MikePizzoff
21-Apr-2008, 07:22 PM
one of those reviews mentioned that this GTA has the best soundtrack of the entire series

Yeah man, last week I was previewing the station that Jimmy Gestapo (of Murphys Law) hosts. Nothin but NYHC... pretty awesome if you ask me.

ProfessorChaos
22-Apr-2008, 04:16 AM
for those of us who are now one week away from pure bliss, IGN is feeding the frenzy even more with a whole bunch of in-depth coverage this week about the upcoming game-of-the-year:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/868/868124p4.html

MikePizzoff
22-Apr-2008, 05:28 AM
I wish I could get a look at the map.

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2008, 09:52 AM
Ah mate, I feel like Randy Marsh at that internet refugee camp! :p

Danny
22-Apr-2008, 06:33 PM
Ah mate, I feel like Randy Marsh at that internet refugee camp! :p

"uh...-its ectoplasm."

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2008, 07:17 PM
"uh...-its ectoplasm."
...spooky ghost!...

:shifty:

*flicks hands...'ectoplasm' flies through the air*

bassman
22-Apr-2008, 07:27 PM
*flicks hands...'ectoplasm' flies through the air*

"Daaahhh!"
http://pics.livejournal.com/deadbetty/pic/00048azr/s640x480

:D Couldn't help it....

Craig
22-Apr-2008, 08:18 PM
Here we have GTAIV being indirectly blamed for a recent spout of unrelated shootings in Chicago:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6353524&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

bassman
22-Apr-2008, 08:30 PM
That's dumb. The woman with the sun glasses hit the nail right on the head. How the f*ck does an ADVERTISEMENT make people act violently, anyway? If clips from the game were playing in Times Square, I could understand, but these are pictured ads with no violence/sex/drugs/etc....

C5NOTLD
23-Apr-2008, 12:33 AM
for those of us who are now one week away from pure bliss, IGN is feeding the frenzy even more with a whole bunch of in-depth coverage this week about the upcoming game-of-the-year:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/868/868124p4.html

:cool:

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2008, 09:59 AM
Those people are absolute morons. How about blaming the absolute ease with which to get a gun, you can't kill someone with a videogame, unless you spend absolutely ages chucking the box at their noggin'...:rolleyes:

As for GTA, aside from all the spoodge talk, man alive time is passing really f*ckin' slowly all of a sudden just waiting for this game. Now that I've completed BioShock, I don't have any games to really play, so all the focus is now on GTA4's arrival ... ahhhh mate.

I was searching around about it last night on Google, there's a load of people fretting over their pre-orders in terms of when they will arrive, which stores can only ship it on the 28th, what that means in concern to online stores, etc and so on.

There was an online store as well that has said they've currently run out of their first batch of stock - so those with pre-orders should be fine up until about a week ago - and they were also saying that they've never seen sales like it on the PS3.

With all this fuss going on, I'm glad I pre-ordered mine a year ago! :D

Craig
23-Apr-2008, 12:47 PM
Apparently some stores have broken release date and have already sold copies, I've seen a few places with imbedded videos claiming to show people playing it, but I don't wanna click play to find out because of spoilers.

SymphonicX
23-Apr-2008, 01:20 PM
Apparently some stores have broken release date and have already sold copies, I've seen a few places with imbedded videos claiming to show people playing it, but I don't wanna click play to find out because of spoilers.

Which stores?? any idea?

I'm very close to stealing a car to buy it...that'd be ironic eh?

capncnut
23-Apr-2008, 01:57 PM
Apparently loads of the music will be stuff you've never heard of, or lesser-heard stuff, rather than the big names & titles of previous installments...

List of known songs appearing in GTAIV (I've put spoiler tags on in case folks want to be surprised).

Beat 102.7
DJ: Mister Cee
Tracklist:

Nas - "War Is Necessary"
Kanye West - "Flashing Lights"
Tha Dogg Pound- "Blaze It up"
Styles P - "Stop Skeemin'"
Joell Ortiz - "Hip Hop"

The Classics 104.1
DJ: DJ Premier
Tracklist:

Run-D.M.C. - "Sucker M.C.'s"
KRS-One - "Sounds Of Da Police"
Gang Starr - "Who's Gonna Take The Weight?"

Electrochoc
DJ: François K
Tracklist:

Alex Gopher - "Brain Leech (Bugged Mind Remix)"
K.I.M - "By the Time They Reach You (Bag Raiders Remix)"
Boys Noize - "& Down"
Louis La Roche - "Love"
Simian Mobile Disco - "Tits & Acid

Fusion FM
DJ: Unknown
Tracklist:

Roy Ayers - "Funk in the Hole"

Jazz Nation 108.5
Tracklist:

Miles Davis - "Move"
Louis Armstrong - "What a Wonderful World"
Charles Afton - "Therapy Part 1"
Beats International - "Invasion Of The Real Estate Agents"

The Journey
Tracklist:

Jean Michel Jarre - "Oxygene (Part IV)"
Air - "La Femme d'Argent"
Daft Punk - "Make Love"
Yael Naim - "New Soul"

IF99

DJ: Femi Kuti
Tracklist:

Fela Kuti - "Sorrow, Tears and Blood"
The O'Jays - "Give the People What They Want"
War - "Galaxy"
George Clinton - "Atomic Dog"

K109 The Studio
DJ: DJ Karl
Tracklist:

Elektrik Funk - "On a Journey"
Cerrone - "Supernature"
Donna Summer - "On the Radio"
Don Ray - "Standing in the Rain"
Mylo - "In My Arms"
Kool & The Gang - "Too Hot"
The Trammps- "Disco Inferno"

Liberty City Hardcore
DJ: Jimmy Gestapo
Tracklist:

Maximum Penalty - "All Your Boys"
Killing Time - "Tell Tale"
Bad Brains - "Right Brigade"
Underdog - "Back to Back"
Sex Pistols - "Holidays in the Sun"
Murphy's Law - "A Day in the Life"

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
Tracklist:

R.E.M. - "Turn You Inside Out"
Humble Pie - "Cocaine"
Queen - "One Vision"
Boston - "Peace of Mind"
Electric Light Orchestra - "Evil Woman"
The Who - "The Seeker"
Mr. Bungle - "Sweet Charity"
The Black Crowes - "Remedy"
Joe Walsh - "Rocky Mountain Way"
Stevie Nicks - "Edge of Seventeen"
Elton John - "Street Kids"
Bob Seger - "Her Strut"
Argent - "Hold Your Head Up"
Heart - "Straight On"
Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak"

Massive B Soundsystem 96.9
DJ: Bobby Konders
Tracklist:

Mavado - "Real McKoy (feat. Busy Signal)"
Chezidek - "Call Pon Dem"

Radio Broker
DJ: Juliette Lewis
Tracklist:

LCD Soundsystem - "Get Innocuous!"
The Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"
The Go! Team - "Junior Kickstart"
Interpol - "Obstacle 1"
Liars - "Freak Out"
Juliet Bravo - "Third Test"
Radiohead - Karma Police
Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Alice in Chains - "Nutshell"

San Juan Sounds
Tracklist:

Gipsy Kings - "Bem, Bem, Maria"
Angel y Khriz - "Ven Baílalo"
Carlos Santana - "Africa Bamba"
Alexis y Fido - "5 Letras"
Daddy Yankee - "Impacto"

Tuff Gong Radio
Tracklist:

Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Rebel Music"
Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Get Up, Stand Up"
Musical Youth - "Pass the Dutchie"
Eddy Grant - "Electric Avenue"
UB40- "Red Red Wine"

The Vibe 98.8
Tracklist:

Alexander O'Neal - "Criticize"
Michael Jackson - "Remember the Time"
Usher - "Slow Jam (feat. Monica)"
Ne-Yo - "Because of You"
Minnie Riperton - "Inside My Love"
R.Kelly - "Bump n' Grind"
The SOS Band - "Just Be Good To Me"
Jill Scott - "Golden"
The Manhattans - "Shining Star"
As you can see, it's not quite the full tracklisting but damn is it impressive. Francois Kevorkian hosting his own show? Holy f**kbeans! A Tuff Gong radio station playing the best of Bob Marley? Holy f**kbeans! All this and I've not even mentioned the talk shows...

slickwilly13
23-Apr-2008, 02:06 PM
If you own both the PS3 and the 369 which version of GTA 4 would buy? And why?

capncnut
23-Apr-2008, 02:08 PM
If you own both the PS3 and the 369 which version of GTA 4 would buy? And why?
360 all the way!

1. Exclusive download mission packs
2. No 5 minute install time
3. The difference between the two graphically is minimal

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2008, 02:10 PM
Which stores?? any idea?

I'm very close to stealing a car to buy it...that'd be ironic eh?
lol

Those pesky stores! Damnz themz!

Gawd sake, it's still only the 23rd!

*goes to hike up a mountain to freeze self*

ProfessorChaos
23-Apr-2008, 04:13 PM
(un)luckily for me, i've got a good bit of schoolwork to do, with an anatomy exam monday morning, then an anatomy practical tuesday night, plus about 100 pages of assigned reading for my literature class, plus a paper to write for my philosophy class....all this will provide a decent distraction from my joneses for 4....

i'm also going back home for the weekend to visit friends and family, so time will hopefully pass by pretty quickly...

can't believe they put that sell-out cvnt gwen stefani on the soundtrack though....don't get me wrong, she was great in no doubt and i'd still give her the business, but her music these days is re-fu(king-tarded!

don't forget that each day this week IGN.com is doing a feature on the game to keep the hysteria sky-high.

and speaking of sky-high, that's how i plan on being when i first get off the boat and take my first tour of the new liberty city.:cool:

MikePizzoff
23-Apr-2008, 04:42 PM
List of known songs appearing in GTAIV (I've put spoiler tags on in case folks want to be surprised).

San Juan Sounds
Genre Latin music
Tracklist:

Daddy Yankee - "Impacto"

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
Genre Classic rock
Tracklist:

Humble Pie - "Cocaine"
Queen - "One Vision"
Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here"
The Doors - "Break on Through (To the Other Side)"
Steve Miller Band - "Abracabra"
Guns N' Roses - "Sorry"
Whitesnake - "Still of the Night"

The Classics 104.1
Genre Old school hip hop
Tracklist:

N.W.A - "F**k tha Police"
Soulja Boy - "Yahhh Bitch Yahh!"

Jazz Nation 108.5
Genre Jazz
Tracklist:

Miles Davis - "Move"
Louis Armstrong - "What A Wonderful World"

Radio Broker
Genre Alternative rock/Indie rock
Tracklist:

Foo Fighters - "The Pretender"
The Boggs - "Arm in Arm (Shy Child Remix)"
Panic at the Disco - "I write sins not Tradegies"
Gonzo - "Schreiber Dance"
Arctic Monkeys - "Teddy Picker"
Shy Child - "Summer"
Airbourne - "Stand up for Rock and Roll"
VHS or Beta - Burn It All Down
Panic at the Disco - "But it is Better if you do"
Unkle - "Restless" (feat. Josh Homme)
The Hoosiers - "Cops and Robbers"

Tuff Gong Radio
Genre Reggae/Dub
Tracklist:

Genre Dancehall
Tracklist:

Fusion FM
Genre Jazz fusion
Tracklist:

The Journey
Genre Ambient/Chill out
Tracklist:

Electrochoc
Genre: Electro/Dance
Tracklist:

Boys Noize - "& Down"
Louis La Roche - "Love"
Simian Mobile Disco - "Tits & Acid"
A remix of a (as yet unknown) The Killers song is featured on the radio station
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"

IF99
Genre: Funk & Afrobeat
Tracklist:

War - "Galaxy"

K109 The Studio
Genre: Disco
Tracklist:

Cerrone - "Supernature"
Mylo - "In My Arms"
10CC - "Good Morning Judge"
KISS - "I Was Made For Lovin' You"

Liberty City Hardcore
Genre: Hardcore punk
Tracklist:

Queen - "We are the Champions"
The Village People - "YMCA"

Vladivostok FM
DJ: Ruslana
Genre: Eastern European music
Tracklist:

Ruslana - "Wild Dances"
Basta - "Mamа"
Glukoza - "Schweine"
Marakesh - "Zhdat"
Seryoga - "King Ring"

The Vibe 98.8
Genre: R&B
Tracklist:

Ne-Yo - "Because of You"
Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl"
Jay-Z - "Can I Get A"

Beat 102.7
DJ: DJ Green Lantern
Genre: Hardcore hip hop
Tracklist:

Nas - "War Is Necessary"
DJ Green Lantern ft. Akon, Fabolous & Fat Joe - "I'm So Fly"
Prodigy - "Dirty New Yorker"
Tru-Life - "Wet 'em Up"
Chuggo - "Ahh Come On F**k A Guy"
2Pac - "If My Homie Calls"
Eminem - "My Name Is"
Kanye West feat. Rakim, KRS-One, and Nas - "Classic (Better Than I've Ever Been)"
M.O.P. - "Downtown Swinga '96"
Fat Joe - "The S**t Is Real"
As you can see, it's not quite the full tracklisting but damn is it impressive. Francois Kevorkian hosting his own show? Holy f**kbeans! A Tuff Gong radio station playing the best of Bob Marley? Holy f**kbeans! All this and I've not even mentioned the talk shows...

Just by glancing over it real quick, whoever made that list is full of shiv. There is no way Soulja Boy is classic hip-hop, so he definitely won't be on that station. And I know for a FACT that Queen and The Village People aren't going to be on the hardcore station because... why would they do that?

ProfessorChaos
23-Apr-2008, 04:59 PM
i wanna agree with mike on this one...as much as i hate contemporary rap/urban music, i recognize the name soulja boy, and he's not been around for more than a couple of years, i'm pretty sure....so how did he make it onto a classic hip/hop station?:confused:

where did this list come from, capn? cuz once again, i just don't see gwen skankani-sellout's moronic track "hollaback girl" working well in a gta game....or anywhere else for that matter....(maybe i should change the title of this thread to GWEN STEFANI SUCKS)

as a matter of fact, that list is pretty disappointing, at least from a first impression...

CoinReturn
23-Apr-2008, 05:03 PM
x2Fpunltwh8&fmt=18

Edit: looks like the leaked gameplay videos are getting pulled from Youtube at a blazing pace. This website has them up still, watch the second video, the first one is crap. I love how 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins comes on the radio when Nico hops in the Cadillac:

http://www.lunchtimebanter.com/

Can't wait!!!

ProfessorChaos
23-Apr-2008, 05:04 PM
360 all the way!

1. Exclusive download mission packs
2. No 5 minute install time
3. The difference between the two graphically is minimal

you forgot to add the fact that xboxlive users drastically outnumber psn users....which means more friends will be jamming on a free-roaming rampage, compared to 3 or 4 gta4 guys trying to figure out how to have a good time with less than a handful of players.

CornishCorpse
23-Apr-2008, 05:25 PM
you forgot to add the fact that xboxlive users drastically outnumber psn users....which means more friends will be jamming on a free-roaming rampage, compared to 3 or 4 gta4 guys trying to figure out how to have a good time with less than a handful of players.

How do you know theres more players on xboxlive? Not everyone wants to pay for free online whereas everyone uses psn but : Shrug : PS3 for me since I dont have a 360, GTA was meant to be played on the playstation controller I feel but to the 360 owners out there damn you with the DLC rockstar has confirmed its not new cars and a few new missions. I think the article mentioned something about a new city possibly? You lucky guys. Im doubtful about it but I wouldnt buy add ons anyway...Only add ons I ever buy are for strategy games example DOW.

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2008, 05:38 PM
Damnit, YouTube ain't workin' for me right now, will have to see if that vid is still there tomorrow.

I saw one really brief one where "somebody" tosses "somebody" off a building (although it wasn't a spoilery clip), it was like 10 seconds, but I sported a semi regardless. :lol:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude! I want this game so hard right now, right up against the dresser! :sneaky:

That playlist ... hmmmm ... some of it seems right iffy, particularly things like Queen being in the hardcore listing, I mean doi...some of it's correct though, so who knows...

CoinReturn
23-Apr-2008, 05:49 PM
Some guy has a live feed of himself playing GTA 4, check it out:

http://smotri.com/broadcast/view/?id=489971&ktulhu=1

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2008, 05:56 PM
Some guy has a live feed of himself playing GTA 4, check it out:

http://smotri.com/broadcast/view/?id=489971&ktulhu=1
Geeeeeeez, they got theirs early ... although I'll avoid the link most likely to avoid any spoilers, or just to prolong the tense excitement in a sado-masochistic stylee...

Speaking of acquiring it though, my order is currently being PROCESSED, bitches...UHHH!!! :eek:

*starts faux-force-f*ckin' everything in sight, Mark Hannah off of Haggard stylee*

DOUBLE THE F*CK DRAGON, PUSSY!!! UUUUHHHH!!! YEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

JfRMKSu-AEk

*gasps for air*

Excuse the excessive outburst of masculine testosterone there, blimey ... anyway, I guess there's a rare-to-rather-slim chance of having it on Saturday ... but Monday is more likely.

I figured it'd be Wednesday/Thursday for processing, considering the Royal Mail and stuff ... although, if it gets posted through Parcel Force, it could be here quicker than Monday. Heck, that can sometimes mean next day - I don't mean I'd have GTA4 tomorrow, but it might come via Parcel Force - which would be faster than usual Royal Mail - so perhaps Saturday, in that respect, isn't such a retarded idea.

Mind you ... I'm kinda planning on shooting a little short film on Saturday perhaps...

Who knows eh?

See where GTA4 has gotten us all, viewing streaming footage of some guy playing it, watching 10 second scraps of video on some guy's mobile phone pointed at a TV screen on YouTube, sitting like a bunch of freaks just gawping at the clock counting the seconds until the release of the gaming event of the year...

I tell thee, the sightings of "spooky ghosts" is gonna sky rocket next week...and tissue & bog roll stocks will vanish! :D

CoinReturn
23-Apr-2008, 05:59 PM
Damn, the animation is amazing. And the combat looks much, MUCH improved. The guy is just driving around wreaking havok Minion, I'd turn it off the second he started doing any story based missions. He just blew up a gas station :lol:

I took a screencap of when he paused the game, it lets you see the Liberty City map. I'll spoiler tag it, in case anyone doesn't wanna see it quite yet:

http://i30.tinypic.com/whzedf.jpg

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2008, 08:44 PM
Now that looks like a nice lot to explore. I'd seen a mock up of sorts of the map in a magazine article in OXM a while back, so this is just like seeing the official version of the same thing.

Ah maaaaaaaaate ... this is like shagging without the inevitable grunty-sigh-laden finish coming anytime soon...:lol:

Craig
23-Apr-2008, 09:14 PM
I've just checked Play.com, my orders status has changed from 'preordered' to 'packing'. What this means, I have no idea but it sounds good.

CoinReturn
23-Apr-2008, 11:36 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/search/GTA%2BIV%2Bgameplay/video/x56r0n_gta-iv-boom_videogames

Here's a minute long video that shows Niko blowing up a car with the pistol. I've noticed the game is just way more lush than I'd originally thought, the way that the light bends and reflects around the car is great.

Ah maaaaaaaaate ... this is like shagging without the inevitable grunty-sigh-laden finish coming anytime soon...:lol:
:lol:

kidgloves
24-Apr-2008, 08:45 AM
Guys. Don't get too excited about your order packing or processing. Take 2 have an agreement with retailers not to send GTA out until Monday. There packing early because of the demand. Nothing else. Some games with free delivery may be sent out early but only because it takes longer for delivery.

CornishCorpse
24-Apr-2008, 09:03 AM
Check This out.

Protesting the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, which lands at retail on April 29outspoken videogame critic Jack Thompson has written a strongly worded letter addressed to the mother of Take-Two Interactive chairman Strauss Zelnick.

According to ShackNews, in the letter the Florida attorney equates Strauss to Hitler Youth, asks Mrs. Zelnick why her porn-peddling son doesn't leave her shamed, accuses Strauss of causing the death of three Alabama police officers, quotes scripture and asks if she was involved in training her son to push Mature-rated games onto children. Thompson did however find it in his heart to wish the nice lady a Happy Mother's Day.

MinionZombie
24-Apr-2008, 09:56 AM
That Jack is a complete bastard, leave the guy's mother out of it you f*cking ninny ambulance chaser! :mad:

He's all pissed off anyways cos he's currently on the wrong side of a court hearing, f*cking nob'end.

As for retailers, hmmm ... there is a difference between online and street, there might be early postings due to the Royal Mail and so on, so Monday arrival is not entirely unlikely.

Who knows, I mean heck, if there's people already playing legitimate copies, anything is possible ... there's always room for hope, just think like Obama. :D

SymphonicX
24-Apr-2008, 10:28 AM
This Jack Thompson isn't so worrying, it's the people who listen to him that are worrying...

capncnut
24-Apr-2008, 12:32 PM
Just by glancing over it real quick, whoever made that list is full of shiv. There is no way Soulja Boy is classic hip-hop, so he definitely won't be on that station. And I know for a FACT that Queen and The Village People aren't going to be on the hardcore station because... why would they do that?
Yeah, turns out quite a few were a bit off. A more realistic tracklisting has surfaced so I inserted it.

Beat 102.7
DJ: Mister Cee
Tracklist:

Nas - "War Is Necessary"
Kanye West - "Flashing Lights"
Tha Dogg Pound- "Blaze It up"
Styles P - "Stop Skeemin'"
Joell Ortiz - "Hip Hop"

The Classics 104.1
DJ: DJ Premier
Tracklist:

KRS-One - "Sounds Of Da Police"
Gang Starr - "Who's Gonna Take The Weight?"

Electrochoc
Tracklist:

Boys Noize - "& Down"
Louis La Roche - "Love"
Simian Mobile Disco - "Tits & Acid

Fusion FM
Tracklist:

Jazz Nation 108.5
Tracklist:

Miles Davis - "Move"
Louis Armstrong - "What a Wonderful World"

The Journey
Tracklist:

Air - "La Femme d'Argent"
Daft Punk - "Make Love"
Yael Naim - "New Soul"

IF99

Tracklist:

War - "Galaxy"

K109 The Studio
Tracklist:

Cerrone - "Supernature"
Donna Summer - "On the Radio"
Mylo - "In My Arms"
The Trammps- "Disco Inferno"

Liberty City Hardcore
Tracklist:

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
Tracklist:

Humble Pie - "Cocaine"
Queen - "One Vision"
Boston - "Peace of Mind"
Electric Light Orchestra - "Evil Woman"
The Who - "The Seeker"
Mr. Bungle - "Sweet Charity"
The Black Crowes - "Remedy"
Joe Walsh - "Rocky Mountain Way"
Bob Seger - "Her Strut"
Argent - "Hold Your Head Up"
Heart - "Straight On"
Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak"

Tracklist:

Chezidek - "Call Pon Dem"

Radio Broker
Tracklist:

The Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"
The Go! Team - "Junior Kickstart"
Interpol - "Obstacle 1"
Liars - "Freak Out"
Juliet Bravo - "Third Test"
Radiohead - Karma Police
Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Alice in Chains - "Nutshell"

San Juan Sounds
Tracklist:

Carlos Santana - "Africa Bamba"
Daddy Yankee - "Impacto"

Tuff Gong Radio
Tracklist:

Eddy Grant - "Electric Avenue"
UB40- "Red Red Wine"

The Vibe 98.8
Tracklist:

Ne-Yo - "Because of You"
Minnie Riperton - "Inside My Love"
R.Kelly - "Bump n' Grind"
The SOS Band - "Just Be Good To Me"
Jill Scott - "Golden"
The Manhattans - "Shining Star"

slickwilly13
24-Apr-2008, 04:21 PM
Someone needs to kill that guy GTA style. For real.

ProfessorChaos
24-Apr-2008, 08:51 PM
thanks for the update capn, it looks much better now, and i'm sure it will sound amazing listening to "jailbreak" while playiing cops n crooks online:cool:

MikePizzoff
24-Apr-2008, 11:29 PM
Who knows, I mean heck, if there's people already playing legitimate copies, anything is possible

There isn't people playing legitimate copies, though. All the videos you see are of downloaded copies of the game. It was leaked onto the internet on April 13, I believe.

ProfessorChaos
25-Apr-2008, 12:01 AM
the disc isn't properly secured into the case and the case itself isn't shrinkwrapped....still makes my mouth water, though:
qXkeAtnC0b0

i guess in a way i'm glad it's not coming out till tuesday, because i've got two rather large exams early next week, one monday morning and one tuesday evening....and i've got a pretty good hunch this game is gonna tilt my entire world out of balance for a few weeks, at least.

so, are you guys gonna head straight to the story, or try the multiplayer first? i'm thinking that i'm gonna rip the story up for a day or two, but daayuummm, that multiplayer sounds killer....it's gonna be tempting to jump right into the mp.

today's article at ign is interesting, too.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869200p2.html

EDIT: (removed yanked gameplay vid)

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2008, 10:32 AM
As for that guy unwrapping his copy, it could still be legit. Those Royal Mail bags are a bitch to open without tearing them up entirely, so it'd be hard to fake that.

I've never used the site in question though, maybe they take off the shrink wrap and check the discs, but whoever did didn't secure it right.

I've certainly had DVDs turn up to me with the disc rolling around inside, I think I even had a game do that once, so that happens now and then and is entirely plausible. The only thing that strikes me as a bit odd is the lack of shrink wrap, but then again, who knows someone in store might have taken that copy, given it a quick spin so they could jizz all over themselves, then packed it off, or like I said before, to make sure the discs aren't scratched or some bollocks...or ironically, to check they aren't about to go rolling around in there ... OR the disc being loose could have just happened in transit, it wouldn't have been from coming through the letter box, cos that particular brand of Royal Mail packaging requires a signature unless I'm mistaken.

So it'd say it's 75% plausible that unpacking video is real.

Speaking of GTA deliveries - my copy was posted a couple of days ago apparently, it's just that the account page didn't update itself (which has happened before), so with that in mind, Saturday is a slim chance, Monday is fairly likely, Tuesday with ease.

Ah mate, I'm popping a boner this morning. :D

Although, on Tuesday I'm out filming for a new project I'm involved with, so that'll distract me for a whole afternoon (I'm also editing the film, so...) and then I'm looking to make one of my own DeadShed short films, so that's a further distraction, and thennnnnn I've got King Kong 3-disc DVD coming to me, so that's another distraction, and then if it did turn up on Saturday, on Sunday I'm most likely going to go see Forgetting Sarah Marshall ... so all of a sudden stuff starts happening all around GTA4 ... I guess it's good in a way, stops me from just whoring away the time solely by playing a sure-to-be-superb game that's scientifically proven by boffins and such to be as addictive as crack-laced heroin-coke-weed! FACT! :D

*ahem*

The other video didn't work, already got pulled, however I have seen a couple of snippets of gameplay (just driving around) ... cripes, the release of GTA4 is HUUUUUUUUGE right now.

kidgloves
25-Apr-2008, 02:29 PM
I know of a few people who have got this early but they all seem to have mates who own small indie shops so that's a no go for most of us. Aparently Morrisons were selling it for a few hours this morning as well till they were bitchslapped by Take 2. Oh well, I can wait. Managed to get a Wii-fit though and boy do I need it:dead:

ProfessorChaos
25-Apr-2008, 03:07 PM
that dude who's unpacking the game in the vid says that the game had already been opened by someone, and that's how he got it early (must have a pal who works at a game store of some sort). and with all the clips showing up on the net (and being pulled within a few hours:rolleyes:), i suppose it probably is legit.

it kinda annoys me that this game is out in like three days and take2 keeps yanking clips down as soon as they're up...i mean, we all know pretty much what to expect, how the game is gonna look, play, etc....it's a very successful formula that they've stuck to for like the past decade or so, and i doubt that there's anything so ground-breaking that they need to keep such a tight seal on it.

tuesday will be here soon enough, i guess.:D

capncnut
25-Apr-2008, 04:34 PM
Aparently Morrisons were selling it for a few hours this morning as well till they were bitchslapped by Take 2.
<climaxes>

The thought of purchasing GTA IV early and clinking shopping trolleys with Denise Van Outen is too much
man. :D

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2008, 05:39 PM
<climaxes>

The thought of purchasing GTA IV early and clinking shopping trolleys with Denise Van Outen is too much
man. :D
lol, although Van Outen needs to have a load of make-up on apparently cos she used to have a love affair with tanning beds, and it's wrecked her skin apparently - on her cheeks and forehead. Saw a picture in the paper...weirdness...still proper fit though.

Craig
25-Apr-2008, 10:36 PM
I've checked Play.com tonight and it looks like my copy was posted sometime today. I'm not hoping to get it early, the 29th will be just dandy for me ;)

CoinReturn
26-Apr-2008, 12:47 AM
IGN posted their review today, and it received their first perfect 10 since The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Here is the review wrap up:

Presentation - 10
The story is Oscar quality. The use of the phone as a gaming portal is genius. There's really nothing more that could be asked for from GTA IV.

Graphics - 10
The level of detail is astounding. Liberty City feels alive and lived in. While there are some technical issues, the artistic merits push the score to the max. A true marvel.

Sound - 10
The dialogue makes the story. Without the excellent writing and the stellar voice acting, the story would fail. And the soundtrack kills -- more than 200 songs and almost all are great choices.

Gameplay - 10
The cover and targeting system work great. Blind firing with an RPG is a thing of beauty. Everything works in harmony and not a single one of the missions is bad. The most fun I've had in years.

Lasting Appeal - 10
The story will take anywhere from 25-45 hours to complete, depending on your skill level and attention span. There's plenty more to do once you finish the story, such as excellent multiplayer.

Here's their video review. It's spoiler free, so watch in awe at the splendor that is Grand Theft Auto IV:
c8Y0MT0PX_k

Danny
26-Apr-2008, 01:25 AM
okay, now thats sold me on it, i know i said i was allready gonna get it sometime, but no magazine article thus far has put it so well.
i hope multiplayer has some none deathmatch modes, like maybe you work together to performa hiest or something yknow?

CoinReturn
26-Apr-2008, 03:54 AM
There's far, far more to the multiplayer than just Deathmatch, hells. "Hangman's Noose" has you and a few of your friends attempting to pick up a VIP at the airport and deliver him to a destination. Problem is, there's a few hundred SWAT and FBI agents standing in your way.

"Cops N Crooks" sounds awesome too. One team is cops, the other team is a group of thieves who have just robbed a bank. The thieves have to get to a randomly selected safe zone somewhere in Liberty City. The cops can see the crooks on their radar, but they don't know where the crooks are supposed to go. It's been said that this is the most frantic and fun mode.

There,s also a racing mode which contains dozens of tracks.

Or you could just join up with 15 other people and free roam, causing havoc as you see fit. :D

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2008, 10:48 AM
Bah, my copy didn't turn up this morning...ah well...Monday it most likely is then (considering the time of dispatch, and my delivery experiences with the site in question in the past).

Still though, after checking the post mat this morning, I went back to bed and had a two hour long sex dream ... so that was pretty awesome. :D

Shame that IGN review isn't online anymore, that got taken down as well! :eek: ... it's ... it's ... it's IGN! :confused:

All these videos getting taken down is certainly generating a level of hysteria that can only work to their advantage...

capncnut
26-Apr-2008, 01:21 PM
All these videos getting taken down is certainly generating a level of hysteria that can only work to their advantage...
Yes and it's pissing me off! Still, only two days to go... :sneaky:

CoinReturn
26-Apr-2008, 03:45 PM
I replaced the link for the video review, it should work...at least for a bit.

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2008, 04:04 PM
Cheers for re-upping that review, damn this game looks sweet-as, nice to see more realistic prozzie humping in the middle of nowhere too! :D

I've already had 3 dreams about GTA or in the style of GTA recently, for instance this morning I had a two hour long dream ... okay a sex dream ... but it was like GTA. It was like a sandbox environment, but I was in it, and you could shag any fitch you wanted ... it was awesome. :D

I'll probably have it Monday methinks, as I've said before, I'll of course pimp my thoughts on it when it does turn up on my spoodge-covered door mat. :lol:

Danny
26-Apr-2008, 04:08 PM
nice to see more realistic prozzie humping in the middle of nowhere too! :D

for prizzle ma nizzle.:lol:

Craig
26-Apr-2008, 04:30 PM
I've already had 3 dreams about GTA or in the style of GTA recently, for instance this morning I had a two hour long dream ... okay a sex dream ... but it was like GTA. It was like a sandbox environment, but I was in it, and you could shag any fitch you wanted ... it was awesome. :D
I had one like that once, but I was in Tesco's... :confused:

capncnut
26-Apr-2008, 04:56 PM
Cor that looks proper stunning. Cheers for the vid, CR!

Craig
27-Apr-2008, 07:54 PM
GTAIV has already got a 100/100 score on metacritic, which is an astounding feat.

living dude
28-Apr-2008, 02:35 AM
my Game Stop is having a midnight selling monday night, don't know if i'll make it to work tuesday or not.

i'm taking my nephew to see My Chemical Romance wednesday after work. my body may be at a crappy bands concert, butt my heart and mind will be in Liberty City

Danny
28-Apr-2008, 03:22 AM
GTAIV has already got a 100/100 score on metacritic, which is an astounding feat.

if it gets 10/10 in famitsu then you know its something real special.

SymphonicX
28-Apr-2008, 04:32 AM
i'm taking my nephew to see My Chemical Romance wednesday after work. my body may be at a crappy bands concert, butt my heart and mind will be in Liberty City

never a better place to fantasise about killing sprees....

CoinReturn
28-Apr-2008, 04:37 AM
A couple of my friends called off work, so we'll all be going to pick it up at midnight tomorrow. 24 hours from now, I'll face the tough choice of choosing to play single or multiplayer first. What a great decision to make :D

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2008, 04:46 AM
i've got an anatomy lecture exam tomorrow morning, then an anatomy practical evaluation tuesday evening, so i'm not gonna even bother playing until i get these damn tests out of the way....then it's on till the break of dawn!

you guys check out that "ladies of liberty city" clip yet? talk about strong sexual content! if you've not taken a look yet, prepare to be shocked:
nug7cWrHU8k

Game of the Decade...hands down!

"I'm a hired killer and I pay for sex....my mother would be ashamed!":lol::lol::lol:

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2008, 10:34 AM
Excellent prozzie/stripper video there, hehe.

Shame that my copy only just got posting this morning, and not on the 23rd like my account originally said...I mean what the f*ck's that about?!

Gah! It'll be wednesday or thursday now at this rate ... exclusively in terms of GTA anticipation, this is really f*cking lame. :mad: Geez, it's like getting 3/4 of a blowjob. :rolleyes:

kidgloves
28-Apr-2008, 12:11 PM
Dont worry MZ I bet you'll get it tomorrow. Dispatch, picking and packing status' need to be ignored for this release. As I understand it, online retailers and Royal Mail are all geared towards delivery on release day as long as you preordered.
Checkout Gametrailers video review. STUNNING

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2008, 01:04 PM
Dont worry MZ I bet you'll get it tomorrow. Dispatch, picking and packing status' need to be ignored for this release. As I understand it, online retailers and Royal Mail are all geared towards delivery on release day as long as you preordered.
Checkout Gametrailers video review. STUNNING
I'd certainly hope it would, but I doubt it...who knows thought eh.

After having had it pre-ordered for over a year, you'd expect it to be delivered to you on the day of release - it even makes sense for online retailers anyway, because if they can't get people the new release of a huge game on the day, people would just stop using them and go use one of those new fangled "shops" on these things called "streets" I've heard about ... can't fathom the idea myself, mind you. :D

It doesn't say anything about any tracking number (in cases of Parcel Force), so I'm assuming Wednesday...*sigh*...

Well, tomorrow I'm out filming anyway, so my afternoon is tied up regardless...

King Kong 3-disc came today though, that was only posted on Friday, and f*ck all happens on a Saturday in the postal system, and absolutely nothing on a Sunday of course, and it turned up today Monday morning, so...well, if GTA IV does arrive tomorrow it'll be a nice surprise, but I'm expecting a day or two late at this stage...:(

We'll see eh...now to find this video you're on about.

kidgloves
28-Apr-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33327.html HD so loads slowly

I've only just got my dispatch notice but i fully expect to have it tomorrow. :D

Craig
28-Apr-2008, 02:49 PM
I just checked and my orders post date has also been changed from the 24th to today. Though the fact it's been changed might suggest that they are trying to ensure delivery on release date so my fingers are still firmly crossed that it all goes down tomorrow.

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2008, 06:12 PM
Seems like a lot of people have had their dates changed...:shifty:...it's all a conspiracy, somehow linked to pro baseball ... ... yep.

The clips on Gametrailers are awesome, the framerate is soooooo smooth, plus it just looks friggin' awesome. I'm not holding out hope for tomorrow to be playing it, I'll just keep myself busy with filming, editing, TV and copious self-touching. :lol:

If it does arrive tomorrow - bonus round alright - but I doubt it...:(:mad::dead::rolleyes:

This is like tantric sex ... minus the sex ... but I guess the massive load explosion will eventually arrive in a similarly pent-up manner.

Ironically, tomorrow I'm shooting some stuff for a campaign film regarding speeding on a particular road through a village. :rockbrow:

CoinReturn
28-Apr-2008, 06:18 PM
10 more hours to go. This is about how I feel right now:
http://i25.tinypic.com/zyf4tv.jpg

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2008, 06:26 PM
If I don't get mine tomorrow, I'll feel like this:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7987/lolcats14zc8.jpg

And then for folk who get all hard downstairs for GTA online, they'll all be like this:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/content/binary/lolcats-funny-pictures-leroy-jenkins.jpg

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2008, 06:37 PM
so i may have mentioned that my local gamestore which i placed my pre-order through isn't having a midnight release...which is bullsh!t, considering gta4 is the most hyped game in many years. they had one for super smash brothers brawl or whatever that crap's called, but not one for gta4!?!?!

so i called today and the dude told me that they'd not received their shipment in yet, but it should be on the shelves tomorrow morning when they open...at 10am.:|

all i'm saying is it better, cuz if i go there when i get off work tomorrow afternoon and don't get my copy, i'm gonna turn my local area into my own liberty city.

this weekend went by quick (went back home for a couple of days), but today and tomorrow morning are really dragging the fu(k on....:(

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2008, 06:55 PM
Prof - copious self-touching really passes the time, trust. :p:D

SymphonicX
28-Apr-2008, 08:11 PM
this weekend went by quick (went back home for a couple of days), but today and tomorrow morning are really dragging the fu(k on....:(

I hear you on that one....ARGHHHHHHHHH

Craig
28-Apr-2008, 08:17 PM
Prof - copious self-touching really passes the time, trust. :p:D
Egad, man. Can't you go one post in this thread without mentioning pass-the-time masturbation or giving an example of an un-fullfilled sexual act? Not that I mind it's just something I've noticed :lol:

Andy
28-Apr-2008, 10:23 PM
Mz, what is it with you and cats? :rockbrow:

kidgloves
28-Apr-2008, 11:17 PM
Egad, man. Can't you go one post in this thread without mentioning pass-the-time masturbation or giving an example of an un-fullfilled sexual act? Not that I mind it's just something I've noticed :lol:

I think its just his warped sense of humour. That's all

CoinReturn
28-Apr-2008, 11:18 PM
ARGHH!!

My 360 red-ringed today. There's no way I'm missing out on GTAIV, so I bought an arcade system. I could always use the extra controller, plus I got 5 free arcade games. Over $300 later, I'm ready for midnight.

Damnit, I can't believe it.

mista_mo
28-Apr-2008, 11:22 PM
not too far off now.

Allready got it planned. play a few single player missions, get used to the controls, then go on-line with one of my buddies and tear the **** out of multi-player.

haven't been this excited for a game since...well ever.

edit

sorry to hear that coin, that is terrible news to say the least. your allready for the games release i take it :P

s*itty setback, but at I would do the same thing.

capncnut
28-Apr-2008, 11:47 PM
Got back from the midnight opening half hour ago (me mate is taking my pre-ordered one off me). Once this bifta is rolled, I'm cracking open a beer and loading this bitch up! :evil:

ARGHH!!

My 360 red-ringed today.
Now that's what I call a bummer!

CoinReturn
28-Apr-2008, 11:49 PM
Have fun, Capn'. Don't get in to too much trouble :p

capncnut
28-Apr-2008, 11:51 PM
Tonight (this morning :sneaky:), I shall have an extensive dip into the playground for an hour before going through the story until I drop.

You know what's funny? I've actually got butterflies...

CoinReturn
29-Apr-2008, 06:18 AM
I've been playing for the past two hours, and the game is everything I wanted it to be and more.The Gamestop where I picked it up had things pretty well in order. The line moved pretty quick, and I was out of the store by 12:06. Anyway, the past couple hours have flown by, and I haven't been this floored by a game since Shenmue. I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks about it! :D

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2008, 07:54 AM
Went to my local Tesco at 7am to see if it was there,on the way to work...as usual they hadn't even got the game, same story as with R6V2....anyway I went to another tesco right opposite my work and it wasn't open at 7:58am - but there was about 30 people waiting outside it...looking at the people I figured they must've been working there and were waiting for the shutters to open to go in...but when the shutters started moving and people started ducking underneath when it was barely a foot off the ground, I realised that no normally functioning human would be that eager to get to work, so I joined the rush of the 30 people under the shutters and we all ran upstairs, up the travellator (some people even ran up the other side), and over to the games section - but NO GTA4!!!!!! Cue lots of groaning, I joined the queue at the video/audio desk and a shop assistant walked past and said "we haven't got the new game....." (cue more groaning) and then followed by "haha only joking, it's on it's way..." - then a guy came with a small box and unloaded it, half ps3 versions, half 360 (couldn't have been more than 20 copies of each)....anyway I was about 10th in the queue so I got my copy and left!!!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 09:01 AM
Sorry to hear about that Coin, at least you got it though and are playing it on a new console, now that's dedication.

As for me ... it's lolcat #1 for me. :(

Tuesday morning, a mate of mine's already txted saying he got his at Woolworths an hour ago, and I've got piss all.

Heard the post on the door mat this morning, and what was it instead of the most awesome game of 2008? Some bloody clothing catalogue for a company who's clothes gave me a chronic allergic reaction last year for which I've been taking pills for ever since - so the annoyance was doubled.

Tomorrow at the earliest for me, thanks a bunch to my online retailer for posting it so friggin' late after leading me to believe it had dispatched on the twenty-fookin-third for days on end. Yet another morning of disappointment...yeah there's worse things in the world, I'm fully aware - but as I've said before, this is all exclusively within the world of videogaming ... so in that world, this sucks monkey balls!

At this rate I'll get it (late) and then my Xbox will explode in my face or some bollocks. :rolleyes:

You'd have thought that having had the f*cker on pre-order for over a f*cking year the store could have it on my bloody door mat on launch day. :rolleyes:

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2008, 09:34 AM
This is why I never pre-order MZ, you're putting too much trust in the company you're buying it from, and the royal mail...just too much chance to be sitting at home twiddling thumbs whilst other people are enjoying a game you should already be playing! Same thing with Halo 3, everyone who pre-ordered got their game way past release date....I mean sure, I had to beat up a few teenagers (even though props should go to them for actually getting out of bed at 8am to buy it) but all said and done, it was definitely worth it....haven't even played it yet...!

but there's hope for you dude, the evening post that is...you should get it then, surely!!! Keep us posted :)

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 10:10 AM
Duno what period in time you're living in, but we don't get an evening post where I live. :p

*sigh* I'm in a bitter mood this morning, Friday, Saturday, Monday and now Tuesday, all bitter wake-ups...lame.

At least I've got the 3-disc King Kong to dive into, as well as editing and such to take my mind off it ... oh and WANKING COPIOUSLY!!! :lol::lol: (one for the fans :p)

I've been scanning various forums with a whole bunch of people in the same boat, some say theirs has been sent by Parcel Force - but I've got no such number on my order - aka LAME.

Still, there's probably some people out there who'll be waiting longer than me, aye, still within the exclusive realm of GTA IV anticipation and excitement, so no "oh but there's famine in the world" type comments, we all know about that, but we're talking within an exclusive realm - it's not the end of the world - it's just bloody annoying, especially when the sound that got your hopes up was in fact a clothing catalogue from a company who's cheap-ass foreign clothing dyes gave you an awful allergic reaction which made you go to the doctor's for the first time in 18 years - just really rubs the salt in, you know. :mad:

*goes to grumble in a corner somewhere* :p

kidgloves
29-Apr-2008, 10:19 AM
What a bummer MZ. Still waiting for mine but the postie never comes till 12.30. Im gonna be pissed if it doesn't turn up

ProfessorChaos
29-Apr-2008, 10:39 AM
since my local sh!thole who i placed my pre-order through wasn't having a midnight release, i got off work last night and pretty much decided to head straight to bed at around 10pm, which is something i've not done in ages.

it's now about 5:30am and i swear to christ i've woken up about six times tonight, and no kidding, there was a moment exactly like the scene where cartman is trying to fall asleep waiting for the wii to come out: i woke up, took a p!ss, crawled back in bed, and glanced at my alarm clock. i then attempted to return to sleep for what seemed like an eternity, then decided to check what time it was, and three minutes had passed....this has got to be the longest night i've had in years.

gotta be at work at 7am, getting off at 12, stopping by the joint where my pre-order is placed, and grabbing my copy (they better fu(kin' have it, or heads will roll:mad:). i know i said i was gonna wait till after my anatomy test this evening to play, but i've got about an hour and a half to kill before my literature class this afternoon, so i'm gonna HAVE to try it out, otherwise my mind is going to snap.

then i gotta take a break and go to class, then study for my anatomy exam for a few hours....after that exam is done, though, i will be immersing myself into a violent world of pure chaos until i have to go to class wednesday morning.

i really don't ever recall being so anxious about a game in my life. gta4 is the main reason i moved on from a ps2, and i've been waiting for-fu(kin-ever to get my mitts on my copy...only a few more hours now.

CoinReturn, sorry to hear about your system going tits-up on you, man. That's gotta be the worst timing in the history of RROD. Glad to hear you got something sorted out and are enjoying the hell out of the game.

MZ, I hope you get your copy soon...I feel your pain, brother, trust me.

mista_mo
29-Apr-2008, 10:45 AM
you should've jacked off professor, having an orgasm may make you sleepy.

Now I see the truth to minions constant wanking..he suffers from insomnia, and uses it as a way to goto sleep.

and I am leaving with my friend in..3 hours to get it....cannot wait. gotta get my mind off of it..maybe try to get that completionist award in mass effect...

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2008, 10:54 AM
ProfC sounds like he's having a hard time of it! Only a few hours dude....

MZ: you don't get evening post? That's a travesty...I've never lived in an area without a 12pm post...You never know dude! :)

You could always splash out for it then return your pre-ordered version with a damning letter of complaint to the company...?

capncnut
29-Apr-2008, 10:57 AM
I panick bought mine at the midnight opening, just in case there was a f**k up from the catalog order... nope, they delivered me a second copy at 8am this morning so I got two. :D

And HOOOLLLYYY S***IIITTT!!!

I didn't get off this game until 6am this morning. I'll give you a more detailed description later when I've woke up a bit more. But for now it's most definitely HOOOLLLYYY S***IIITTT!!!

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 11:35 AM
ProfC sounds like he's having a hard time of it! Only a few hours dude....

MZ: you don't get evening post? That's a travesty...I've never lived in an area without a 12pm post...You never know dude! :)

You could always splash out for it then return your pre-ordered version with a damning letter of complaint to the company...?
lol, nah can't be arsed with that, knowing my luck I'd do that and then it'd be here tomorrow, so all that hassle for a few extra hours of gaming time...not worth it...I'll just go cold turkey, hold up in some fortress somewhere and wait it out...

Exactly, self-touching tuckers you out, but I know what you mean about sleepless nights or trouble sleeping what with GTA IV coming so soon and such, for the past week I've been tossing and turning and having endless GTA IV dreams ... obsessed much? :lol:

I've been getting up earlier these past couple of days too, because I just can't stop thinking about how ghey it is that my copy hasn't turned up yet (which I've been doing since Friday :rolleyes:)...

Geeeeeez we're a bunch of videogame junkies, just imagine if the Daily Mail or Jack Thompson or some other freak of nature got a hold of this thread. :lol:

MikePizzoff
29-Apr-2008, 12:43 PM
I have classes until 2:30. After that I'm going to attempt to write a paper. Then begins my frantic search that consists of calling every place around me seeing if anybody has a single copy left, like I had to do when Skate came out.

bassman
29-Apr-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm hoping to pick it up this afternoon on lunch and play when I get home. If there are any in the area, that is.

I've noticed that a few websites are reporting some problems with the game freezing on the 360. Something about after the first cutscene the game freezes and the console has to be rebooted. Anyone heard anything about this?

kidgloves
29-Apr-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm hoping to pick it up this afternoon on lunch and play when I get home. If there are any in the area, that is.

I've noticed that a few websites are reporting some problems with the game freezing on the 360. Something about after the first cutscene the game freezes and the console h
as to be rebooted. Anyone heard anything about this?

That's news to me. Haven't heard or read that anywhere.
This game is INCREDIBLE. Little Jacob cracks me up

capncnut
29-Apr-2008, 03:46 PM
Last night I just had a couple of hours tearing it up and, oh boy, does this game cook. After my first save point, I wandered around my apartment and found a television. I was still watching this television one hour later and it was playing different stuff. And it has flippable channels.

As for the road damage, holy crap! I was driving towards a mission and thought I'd slow down for some copper I nearly rammed up the arse. All of a sudden, a black hoody gentleman went flying over my bonnet (complete with denting sounds) - not me but some dips**t in the opposite lane knocked him over. This sent the copper off and that was that. I even paused the game and applauded.

Right now, I am about 10 missions done with Roman, took me bird bowling (and whipped her ass) and just about to start my first mission with Vlad. F**king game rocks, mate!

See y'all in a month! :lol:

Andy
29-Apr-2008, 04:15 PM
Sorry to do this to you MZ but i got home from work today and i came in my pants.. i had the special edition in its glorious black safety deposit box waiting for me in my living room :sneaky:

Danny
29-Apr-2008, 04:17 PM
so anyone had it crash yet? its occuring on ps3 AND 360's and rockstar tech support only says "we dont know whats causing it so we cant suggest what will help"

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 04:47 PM
I briefly read one or maybe two people report freezing, but to be honest, I just think it's as likely in any game on the 360 or PS3, considering the amount of data being streamed and so on, meanwhile tons of others aren't reporting any issues whatsoever.

For example...I've read people go on about their GOW discs burning up a storm at a million miles an hour in their 360's, meanwhile when I got it, it ran so slow almost all the time and was really quiet ... seems completely random.

I'd better not have any bullsh*t issues after waiting all this f*cking time as well as having to wait past launch to get my mits on my copy - which was PRE-ORDERED OVER A F*CKING YEAR AGO!!!

I saw a report on Sky News about it, people lining up, the news readers going on about the rating and the content and such, funny stuff.

Anyway ... tomorrow ... fingers crossed ... but if it didn't turn up, I wouldn't be at all shocked, I guess someone or something has developed a vast conspiracy surrounding me to stop me from playing GTA IV ... and it all begins with a poo in a urinal ... bet ya.

Hopefully I'll be joining the jizz fest tomorrow, but I honestly don't know ... the only comfort is that there's a bunch of other people in the exact same boat as me, still waiting for their copies because of late (i.e. day before) dispatch and sent SECOND CLASS - second class?! It's the GAME OF THE FRIGGIN' YEAR, you don't put that out second class!

As for that freezing thing, no doubt it's just a couple of people have it happen to them, perhaps their boxes are shoddy, who knows. I'm damn sure Rockstar wouldn't put a game out (that had an extra 6 months development time) that was shonky - especially considering the sheer amount of hype, anticipation and so on surrounding it.

None of the online reviews have mentioned anything regarding stability either...who knows, could be fanboys of either side, or some kid being a dick...I'd rather not pay attention, I'm focussing as much as possible on King Kong Disc 3 and touching myself whilst looking at porn to keep my mind focussed on other things. :lol:

CoinReturn
29-Apr-2008, 05:06 PM
HOLY ****!

I was playing a free roam multiplayer game with about 5 other people, and I was above the action in a chopper. I noticed 3 of them were getting in to another chopper below me, so I decided to take a nose dive and crash in to them.

Now, usually in a game, when you do this, the helicopters simply blow up.

But no.

I bring her in, nose down, and my propellers CHOP OFF the tail end of their helicopter, before catching 2 bodies and flinging them across the map. Both choppers tumbled in to the water, and I swam to shore, laughing my ass off.

I can't believe how awesome this game is! Oh, and:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Frankbianchi/1209341644202.gif

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2008, 05:09 PM
You GTA players are getting me wet...

bassman
29-Apr-2008, 05:25 PM
Got my copy during lunch break. Now i'm sitting at my desk looking over the map booklet and sweating as the clock ever so slowly reaches toward quitting time.

I figured copies might be a bit limited, but my local Wally World had a f*ck load of them....

MikePizzoff
29-Apr-2008, 07:34 PM
My local Gamestop has AMPLE copies of GTA IV, thankfully. So I just strolled in and picked up a copy after class.

Only, can't play it yet... I have a stupid Western Civ II paper to write before I touch the game. Because I know I'll probably spend at least an hour alone going over the booklet and map, then who knows how long I'll be lost in Liberty City just gazing at the sights.

BAH! GOTTA FINISH THIS STUPID PAPER SO I CAN FORGET ABOUT THE "REAL WORLD"!!! :D

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 07:48 PM
Symphonic - lol, damn straight.

Coin - holy sh*t that sounds awesome.

I honestly think I'm going to cry tears of joy when I get this game ... and jizz all over myself ... ... ... come on, I had to lower the tone somehow, I almost got emotional for a second there! :eek:

I've just seen the UK trailer (as seen on YouTube etc) twice in the last 15 minutes, the cock teasing knows no bounds.

Even my folks are getting in on the act, my Mum was teasing me about how she saw loads of copies just sitting there waiting to be bought in Woolworths in a nearby town, she tried to make me believe they were going for under £39.99, but I wasn't having any of it ... but I was still gutted to be sitting there sans GTA IV while there's an awesome report on it on Sky News doing the rounds on the "Showbiz" part of the interactive feature...

*sigh*

I just hope I don't have a happy-overload heart attack or something when I get my mits on it... ...and I certainly hope there isn't some other lameness heading my way like it exploding in my face or something.

mista_mo
29-Apr-2008, 08:08 PM
it's fun, but i'm not too into it right now. Some parts are awesome (the scene that coin described happens alot) and hitting pedastrians is fun as f*ck, but i'm taking a break from it..got a little boring, even doing the missions and generally just screwing around.

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 08:39 PM
it's fun, but i'm not too into it right now. Some parts are awesome (the scene that coin described happens alot) and hitting pedastrians is fun as f*ck, but i'm taking a break from it..got a little boring, even doing the missions and generally just screwing around.
http://www.ugo.com/images/articles/000903600/903558_big.jpg

ProfessorChaos
29-Apr-2008, 08:46 PM
stopped by and got my copy today...i swear as the transaction was completing, i was doing one of those numbers dave chappelle does in half baked where he about nuts on himself signing for the 1lb brick of weed.

had to give it a whirl before class. only played the first mission in the single player, and then decided to head to the multiplayer and free-roam for a bit, since i could only play for about an hour. so far, i'm very impressed. the controls are a bit different, but i'm sure that by this weekend it'll be like a second nature to me...

but now i got this damn anatomy lab practical to study for and take in a few hours, so i can't even look in the direction of my 360 or i'll end up becoming sucked into the madness that is liberty city. can't wait to put some serious work in on this biyatch tonight!

so in a nutshell: so far, so good, and i'm sure that is gonna be amazing once i can fully get myself immersed into the experience (tonight after mass tokage and all the lights dimmed, volume jacked to the max, etc.)

Craig
29-Apr-2008, 08:53 PM
My order also had the pretty much the exact same problems as yours has MZ. But I wasn't gonna wait and luckily they still had copies at Toys R Us (Tesco had sold out at about 12:20am).

It is just what I'd expect. I can't sit and play for 6 hours straight but I've had two stints of about 3 hours playing. I like to take it slow and do a couple of missions, mess about, hang out with other characters, then mess about some more or do another mission or two.

One of the funniest moments I've had so far is when I was bugging some woman, walking into her and stuff. She turned and started to run across the road screaming and I chased her but just as she neared the other curb a car slammed into her and flipped her onto the bonnet, drink driving awareness ad style :lol:

slickwilly13
29-Apr-2008, 09:22 PM
My local Gamestop has AMPLE copies of GTA IV, thankfully. So I just strolled in and picked up a copy after class.

Only, can't play it yet... I have a stupid Western Civ II paper to write before I touch the game. Because I know I'll probably spend at least an hour alone going over the booklet and map, then who knows how long I'll be lost in Liberty City just gazing at the sights.

BAH! GOTTA FINISH THIS STUPID PAPER SO I CAN FORGET ABOUT THE "REAL WORLD"!!! :D

How's your class going?

Danny
29-Apr-2008, 09:37 PM
Even my folks are getting in on the act, my Mum was teasing me about how she saw loads of copies just sitting there waiting to be bought in Woolworths in a nearby town, she tried to make me believe they were going for under £39.99, but I wasn't having any of it ...

£39.99 in the wolies near me, im thinking of getting it this weekend, but the faulty copies are putting me off as theres never been a ratio this high before adn since rockstar dont know whats actually causing it its not exactly selling me the product.

mista_mo
29-Apr-2008, 10:02 PM
the game just freezes..

i haven't had the problem, but my chum did..once, and all it did was end the game and bring him back to the dash board. hasn't happened at all since.

CornishCorpse
29-Apr-2008, 10:46 PM
No problems on my ps3 but there is no online multiplayer for the ps3 at the minute it just comes up with " Cannot Connect to Game Provider " tis the first day rush and will be sorted but still I want to tear it up with my mates not that single player is bad though.

I love rockstar humour especially the stuff on the tv its priceless. Theres one very funny toon which is just pure class. You will know which one Im talking about, its long to boot.

bassman
29-Apr-2008, 11:57 PM
Awesome game. I played it for about two hours with no problem at all. The driving pissed me off at first because the steering is cruelly sensitive, but i'm getting used to it.

CoinReturn
30-Apr-2008, 12:22 AM
It feels like I'm controlling an arcade/sim hybrid with the cars, much like Project Gotham Racing. You've really got to slow down around corners, but I'm getting used to it as well.

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2008, 10:25 AM
Got mine this morning, was up at 9am, got it going straight away and played for 90 minutes. Haven't even gotten to Roman yet, I immediately sat down and watched the entirety of the Weazel channel ... Republican Space Rangers! :D

Then went out for a fart around in the streets, the controls are a bit iffy at the moment, got to get used to them...I find it a bit annoying with movement and looking, like the right stick is for looking, and the left stick is for moving, but the left stick also acts as looking when you move around, so the two conflict at times and make it fiddly to look around...something to get used to.

Also, aye, sensitive car controls ... had I been in testing, I'd have said to fiddle with those two things more, just to make it easier to get around on foot and in a car.

Otherwise, great game from what I've seen so far ... which admittedly isn't much. Niko moves really good though, like different ways of going down stairs, on uneven footing etc, all realistic.

Will head back to it later...:)

bassman
30-Apr-2008, 01:37 PM
Have you guys noticed how many cheats are already on the net? I'm going to do my best not to use any until I finish the game, but just out of curiousity I looked and there's quite a few for only two days of the game being available. Then again, I don't look at game sites that often, so maybe that's normal?

Anyway......I stayed up playing WAAYYYY to friggin late last night. I quit playing around 3 and had to be at work and 5. So now i'm extremely tired, but I just keep thinking about getting home to do it all over again.:lol: The weekend can't get here soon enough.

Did everyone's copy come with a coupon for a month of Live gold for free? If I can figure out how to get my connection line across the house to my 360, i'm thinking of trying it out. Is it worth it?

capncnut
30-Apr-2008, 03:41 PM
im thinking of getting it this weekend, but the faulty copies are putting me off as theres never been a ratio this high before adn since rockstar dont know whats actually causing it its not exactly selling me the product.
The only thing I've had so far is the game freezing once as another mission loaded. Wasn't really a bother because the game autosaves after every completed mission. I think these reports of faulty discs are a little exaggerated - game just has a teensy weensy bit of a freezing issue, nothing that bad.

It feels like I'm controlling an arcade/sim hybrid with the cars, much like Project Gotham Racing. You've really got to slow down around corners, but I'm getting used to it as well.
Yes, it has got a touch of the Project Gothams, don't it? I think that's why I got used to it almost immediately. I like the way some cars definitely feel heavier than others.

And I love drink driving! I like the way it all goes out of control, like in the Smack My Bitch Up video by The Prodigy. Awesome! :cool:

Did everyone's copy come with a coupon for a month of Live gold for free? If I can figure out how to get my connection line across the house to my 360, i'm thinking of trying it out. Is it worth it?
LIVE is the ultimate 360 experience. Get gold, download from hundreds of free game demos (including all the latest). Enjoy XBox Live Arcade and Windows Live Messenger. Purchase some points and buy themes, full movies, full games and download them to your hard drive. Not to mention playing your friends on the many games you own.

Also if you got any generous friends they might send you gifts. Like a few months ago Andy sent me a bitching car he won in Forza Motorsport II - now I can whoop the games ass prematurely. ;)

Do it!

bassman
30-Apr-2008, 03:57 PM
LIVE is the ultimate 360 experience. Get gold, download from hundreds of free game demos (including all the latest). Enjoy XBox Live Arcade and Windows Live Messenger. Purchase some points and buy themes, full movies, full games and download them to your hard drive. Not to mention playing your friends on the many games you own.

Also if you got any generous friends they might send you gifts. Like a few months ago Andy sent me a bitching car he won in Forza Motorsport II - now I can whoop the games ass prematurely. ;)

Do it!

I haven't looked into it yet, but I imagine the price to keep it up would be too much considering how much I would use it. But the thought of playing GTAIV online with people is making me want to at least try it for a bit.

Once the novelty of GTAIV runs out, I would probably be paying for nothing. Until Ghostbusters, that is.:cool:

capncnut
30-Apr-2008, 04:10 PM
I haven't looked into it yet, but I imagine the price to keep it up would be too much considering how much I would use it. But the thought of playing GTAIV online with people is making me want to at least try it for a bit.
It's not all that expensive. I think the price for a 12 month membership and maybe a few extra bucks on some spendable points is very reasonable. And when Ghostbusters comes out, you know you're gonna want all the LIVE extras. Might be extra weapons, multiplayer maps, and whatnot.

Not to mention the possibility of a free playable demo a few months before release.

kidgloves
30-Apr-2008, 05:10 PM
This games hilarious. I was chasing one of my targets and he pitched his car into one of the docks. As the car sank a pedestrian dived in to try and save him. Of course I wasted both of them. Brilliant :elol:

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2008, 05:31 PM
This games hilarious. I was chasing one of my targets and he pitched his car into one of the docks. As the car sank a pedestrian dived in to try and save him. Of course I wasted both of them. Brilliant :elol:
Excellent!

I was just at Michelle's house to go on my first date with her and Roman rang me up needing my help, but I said "f*ck that" and went on a date to go bowling (and kicked her ass :D) and then I had to go pick Roman up at the hospital cos I ignored him, lol.

Getting more used to the controls now, that period of adjustment is always odd...

Aye mine came with 1 month free gold ... I've got 3 of the f*ckers now! :eek:

Mind you, not only is my Xbox in a different room and different floor of the house to the net, I also don't have the right kind of connection either I don't think, cos I'm out in the sticks.

mista_mo
30-Apr-2008, 05:56 PM
Do I look like I have funny balls?

Yojimbo
30-Apr-2008, 06:20 PM
Took the day off of work yesterday to devote release day to GTA IV. My local Best Buy had a ton of copies, in spite of me coming in at 9 AM and these having been availiable at 12AM the night before. Got the Deluxe version with the bag and the deposit box and the artbook. Started up as soon as I got home and tag-teamed this with my wife. We did not stop messing with the game until hunger got the best of my wife and I in the early evening.

Game froze on me a few times during the marathon session. Maybe it's my xbox since this has happened to me with other games recently. Damn!

Finally passed out at about 3AM this morning, and had to go back to work today, so I am feeling tired and want to go home to play some more. My wife is at home right now as I type this in, likely playing her fingers raw. Lucky girl, she has a week-long vacation, so she has plenty of time to overdose on this game!

BTW: I find the voice actress for both Michelle and her friend that works with Roman to be totally annoying. Especially Michelle's friend, who sounds like Jackie from 70's show with a really crappily done NY accent. This is my only real complaint from the game so far.

Yeah, the controls take a little getting used to, but the graphics and physics are amazing! First time I crashed and flew through the windshield I had to shout for joy!

kidgloves
30-Apr-2008, 07:40 PM
I am severly addicted to this. 12 hrs played and 19.24% completed. If anyones got any doubts about this game you just wait till you get further along. Some of the ideas Rockstar have implemented are pure quality and I'm starting to see why it got 10/10 across the board. It sounds like a few of you guys are still at the early stages of the story and if it seems a bit slow go and make things happen.
For the record this is my 1st GTA. ;)

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2008, 07:56 PM
Only your first GTA?! :eek:

Blimey ... anyway, I've done a few missions, now unlocked that Jamaican guy (I can't understand a word he says :p, done one or two missions for him now), Vlad (haven't done any of his mish's yet) and have done a few Roman ones (even went to the Cabaret club with him) - oh yeah, I drove past the Cabaret one time and there were bouncers outside feeling up the patrons before they could enter - DETAIL! :)

Oh yeah, I also f*cked Michelle, hell yeah, was a proper gentlemen, waited till date #3 to slither my Little Niko down there. :D

Getting used to driving more, movement & camera is still a bit fiddly (they seem to compete with each other at times) ... heck, I even got the soundtrack to listen to today. :cool:

I'll certainly plug away at it more, oh and the mobile phone is awesome.

Oh - now for example, after I've been on a date with Michelle, her name appears above my map - is that a plus on it? I assume this means she likes me more than she did previously, so I assume if I blow somebody off they'll go down on me (not literally, but figuratively :lol:).

Just making sure it wasn't some txt msg coming through, but I don't have any new ones...anyway...awesome game. I've already put in about 4 hours today, noiiice...mind you, my lower back is all a bit stiff from me sitting hunched over going "ooooooh" at the detail.

The really sucky cars handle like ass, or the one the Jamaican guy has is such a lumbering thing, but sportier things are much more nippy.

Mind you, your health doesn't last that long in a firefight! :eek:

C5NOTLD
30-Apr-2008, 08:53 PM
The game has been well worth the wait. The details in the game are great.:cool:
So many late nights ahead....

Craig
30-Apr-2008, 09:35 PM
Stayed up til about 3:30am playing multiplayer with a friend from Sweden, if you can find a server with settings you like, it kicks just as much ass as going on a rampage in singeplayer, except you have the added challenge of dodging bullets from the other players :D

As with San Andreas I'm taking missions slowly, getting about 5 or so done each time I play (multiplayer has sucked up a lot of my playing time as well) so I've only done about 16 missions so far... I think. I too am astounded at the details and the physics, especially those of the characters and pedestrians. Some of the times I've ran down innocent bystanders, it's funny, but genuinely a bit sickening to watch at the same time.

Danny
30-Apr-2008, 10:16 PM
i recon im getting this on saturday, probably gonna trade in assasins creed since ive only played it for 30 mins andthen left it below the likes of king kong and kameo on my gameing pile.
still suprised ,in a good way, that theres copies to spare everywere but i didnt like how i whent into gamestation just to get my money back on donemened 2 and bought just a devil may cry 4 keychain and wristbadn and they asked "would you like a gta 4 guide with that for only 15 quid?"

to wich i replied "no thank you, ive got the internet":lol:

CoinReturn
01-May-2008, 12:12 AM
I don't know which I like more, multiplayer of singleplayer. They are both excellent ways to waste time :D I stole some guys' car, and one of the occupants held on to the door as I dragged him a about a hundred yards, before finally losing him as I sped around a corner.

MikePizzoff
01-May-2008, 01:08 AM
Just wasted much of my afternoon playing this online with just me and a friend. We just cruised around the city a lot, sight seeing and ****... and jumped off the Empire State Building a ton of times, of course.

ProfessorChaos
01-May-2008, 07:06 AM
man, this game is dope. i've hardly even scratched the surface, and i've been blown away by the realism of this game at least half a dozen times over the last couple of days: flying through a windshield for the first time, having niko call michelle at 3am and wake her up not realizing that he kept odd hours, driving over the bridge during day in a truck full of explosives (while telling roman over the cell that i didn't feel like drinking at the moment), the first good gun fight using the cover system, and numerous other moments have happened, and there's still so much more of lc to explore....man.

and then you've got loads of in-game brands ( "release-the gums that shoots a load in your mouth!" )and satire, such as republican space rangers, the venturas poker tournament, and all the other television programs, radio spots, etc.

the story so far is great, and i'm having a good time drinking and driving in my spare time....

after that there's multiplayer, which i've not played a lot yet, but want to get together sometime with a group and do some free-roam stuff. anyone down?

what a kick-a$$ game. perhaps one of the best ever. take2 is gonna pull in some major dough this month.

( thanks rockstar! :thumbsup: )

MinionZombie
01-May-2008, 10:25 AM
Had another session last night (my fourth in a day), haven't done many missions, but done some - a couple for Vlad now, did a taxi run for Roman ... must ring that Jamaican pot-head who I can't understand for another mission with him.

Went with Roman to a strip club across the toll bridge - I've paid a toll, squeezed through when somebody else paid (tricky to do, I accidentally did it) and blasted through and lost the cops after they came after me, haha.

The car damage is really impressing me, it's not just static types of damage, but it changes depending on how and where the car is hit, also - blood on your car when you hit someone.

Also, conversations with characters when you're driving to somewhere to hang out with them or on a date with Michelle and she compliments you on your clothes, or says she liked your other car better and 'wow, you drive a lot of cars' and such. Mucho detail!

Getting more used to the controls, even if they are still fiddly. If I could ask for something to have been changed, it would have been the fiddliness of the controls, but that's about it. I'm really getting addicted to this game now.

SymphonicX
01-May-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm impressed, but I'm not bowled over at the moment. It's got some great layers of detail in there, everything from people dropping their shopping as they run away, to random car accidents and stuff....I've yet to get my teeth properly into it though, so I'm waiting for it to get juicy. However it has started off VERY slowly....only just got out of the first bit....I dunno, will wait and see

MinionZombie
01-May-2008, 11:55 AM
Aye, it's slow to start off, and I'm still in that slow area, but I think it's all part of the characterisation, so you get to know the protagonists well before you proceed. Also it's part of R*'s attempt for greater realism for the character. As an immigrant just off the boat, he's not going to know many people at all, and all will be through one person - his cousin - he's only got one place to stay, he's doing more menial tasks before anything 'epic' or 'cinematic'.

It's definitely different from previous entries, so it's nice to have something familiar but in a new way...

BTW - I changed the title of the thread to update it as the game's now out, makes sense really. :)

bassman
01-May-2008, 12:21 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that a big changing point in the game will be Roman getting killed?:shifty:

I took out Vlad and am now working for the new mob guy(can't remember his name) but Roman just seems to scream "I'm going to die".:lol:

I love that this game has choices for exections. It's so cool to kick someone off a building, blow their brains out across the screen, etc.

SymphonicX
01-May-2008, 12:26 PM
Did anyone choose to save the first guy that you get the choice of killing? What happens?

Andy
01-May-2008, 12:35 PM
Woo second island, im working for playboy now lol

bassman
01-May-2008, 12:39 PM
Woo second island, im working for playboy now lol

About how many hours of gameplay does it take to open the second island?

Andy
01-May-2008, 03:16 PM
About how many hours of gameplay does it take to open the second island?

ive played it for just short of 12 hours now, but i went straight for the missions. have done 27 missions and am 20.09% into the game.

(According to the stats on the pause menu :))

CoinReturn
01-May-2008, 04:12 PM
I've been playing with subtitles on, and it helps a lot. You can barely understand Little Jacob without them, and if a character is speaking in another language, it translates what they're saying for you.

bassman
01-May-2008, 04:37 PM
I've been playing with subtitles on, and it helps a lot. You can barely understand Little Jacob without them, and if a character is speaking in another language, it translates what they're saying for you.

That was one of the first things I did when I got the game. After the initial cut scene, I went searching for a way to turn on subtitles.

And I also had to invert the controls. Anyone else do that? My buddies always say that i'm the only one they know of that inverts the controls and I don't know anyone else that does it...

Craig
01-May-2008, 04:50 PM
The only game I used to play with inverted controls was TimeSplitters 2, which I think used inverted controls as the the standard but once I'd played other console FPS's I soon got used to the normal ones. Though doing with GTA sounds crazy... so you push the stick forward when you wanna drive backwards?

MinionZombie
01-May-2008, 04:54 PM
That was one of the first things I did when I got the game. After the initial cut scene, I went searching for a way to turn on subtitles.

And I also had to invert the controls. Anyone else do that? My buddies always say that i'm the only one they know of that inverts the controls and I don't know anyone else that does it...
Inverted controls?! HEATHEN!

Mind you lads - try and keep spoilers in the spoiler bracket, fortunately I'd just done the Vlad thing earlier today, but as we're all at different points in the game - use the spoiler tags - or be vague on specific details.

As for the guy you chase across the rooftops, I just gunned him down ... guess I shoulda pushed him, didn't think at the time, I had murder on my mind...:elol:

The controls continue to warm up to me, still a bit fiddly, but getting used to it every time.

Remember lads - careful of the spoilers.

bassman
01-May-2008, 04:57 PM
Spoilers for a video game. That's new to me. But alright...spoiler tags it is.

I guess if it were Ghostbusters, I wouldn't want to know:p. Wouldn't care if GTA was spoiled, really.

MinionZombie
01-May-2008, 05:02 PM
Spoilers for a video game. That's new to me. But alright...spoiler tags it is.

I guess if it were Ghostbusters, I wouldn't want to know:p. Wouldn't care if GTA was spoiled, really.
Well I don't want the plot to be spoiled, and I'm sure others don't if they haven't gotten to a certain part yet - so wrap them (perhaps with a title above relating to the mission, so people know if they've done it or not), or keep it vague enough so that anyone can read about the cool stuff without having the story spoiled.

Videogames are just as spoilerable as a movie, well, GTA is at least.

Andy
01-May-2008, 05:22 PM
Are you being serious? i have no problem understanding him at all..

Saying that i know a few rasta's in real life ;)

SymphonicX
01-May-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah I'm with you on spoilers, definitely....this game is precious and I wanna savour every moment :)

Still, nothing too dramatic given away as yet, I think we're safe boys... :)

As for inverted controls, the only person I know who plays inverted is a friend of mine who totally sucks at most FPS games....haha

Are you being serious? i have no problem understanding him at all..

Saying that i know a few rasta's in real life ;)

90% of what jacob says I can understand too, but only through getting a few words here and there....reminds me of the guy from The Waterboy who no-one understands, or Hot Fuzz lol

I love rasta talk, it's insane and great to listen to...

MinionZombie
01-May-2008, 05:38 PM
Aye indeed X, nothing given away at the moment - I just wanted to flag that up before anything bigger did get pimped out there.

I understand some of what the Rasta says, but not all, enough to kinda know...then I just pay attention to on-screen instructions.

I was playing earlier and smashed a car up so much that it was about to die on me, then I ploughed it into a traffic light pole and it died. Niko then tries to get it started again and you can keep trying, but it's kaput, he shouts and swears - funny stuff. I shot the car in frustration ... then had to run from the cops by leaping over a bunch of fences and escaping down a back alley, teehee.

I must crack on with some missions, I went on two hang-outs and a date last time I was on and did about one mission. :lol:

slickwilly13
01-May-2008, 05:54 PM
I can buy the game now. Finished all my semester projects, etc. I have some extra money saved up, so I will get it for the sexbox. I'm just getting the regular edition. $90 is kind of steep for a game. I wouldn't even pay that much for Phantasy Star 4 last decade. *L*

kidgloves
01-May-2008, 06:51 PM
Woooot. Just nicked my 1st Ferrari (Turismo). Hacking it around the 2nd island I can see why the camera controls are set out like they are. Really tests your driving skills and I've noticed I'm gutted every time I prang my lovely new motor. Just met another Character who I've taken an instant liking to. I think I'm gonna have to start taking the subway to see my old friends as I can see driving across the bridges becoming tedious everytime I want to socialise.

This game ROCKS

capncnut
01-May-2008, 07:05 PM
'Vinewood C**ts', LOL. :lol:

Craig
01-May-2008, 07:35 PM
It sounds like I've already had so many missed achievement opportunities. Ah well, I've never been an achievement whore and I don't intend to start despite how awesome this game is :p

ProfessorChaos
01-May-2008, 09:18 PM
anyone rode one of the "zombie" series of motorcycles yet?

slickwilly13
02-May-2008, 12:07 AM
Ok. I picked it up. I didn't want to be the only uncool guy on here not playing this game. :p

MikePizzoff
02-May-2008, 03:19 AM
Prof, I'll play with you some time. CoinReturn was in a free-roam game of mine earlier with some of my real life friends. Good times.

SymphonicX
02-May-2008, 08:43 AM
Anyone listened to "The Journey" radio station? Love it....awesome. WKTT is pretty awesome too...

MinionZombie
02-May-2008, 10:21 AM
Anyone listened to "The Journey" radio station? Love it....awesome. WKTT is pretty awesome too...
Those are my two regular haunts radio wise.

Currently 15.90% through. I must say I'm not impressed with the combat system, it feels sluggish quite often, and it's really annoying when you have a confrontation - and you're just sat out in the open - when the cutscene ends and you get riddled with bullets before you can even select your f*cking weapon, because you have to keep it hidden otherwise people will run away screaming from you and call the cops. :mad:

That's annoying, as is having to get outside the cop circle, mainly for similar reasons with the iffy cover system and how easy it is for your health to plummet.

It's really annoying - not enough to make the game sh*t, not by a long shot, but it's an ugly smudge on an otherwise beautifully painted canvas.

kidgloves
02-May-2008, 12:02 PM
Those are my two regular haunts radio wise.

Currently 15.90% through. I must say I'm not impressed with the combat system, it feels sluggish quite often, and it's really annoying when you have a confrontation - and you're just sat out in the open - when the cutscene ends and you get riddled with bullets before you can even select your f*cking weapon, because you have to keep it hidden otherwise people will run away screaming from you and call the cops. :mad:

That's annoying, as is having to get outside the cop circle, mainly for similar reasons with the iffy cover system and how easy it is for your health to plummet.

It's really annoying - not enough to make the game sh*t, not by a long shot, but it's an ugly smudge on an otherwise beautifully painted canvas.

Yeah I had problems to begin with. Best thing to do is take cover immediately then whip it out :D

SymphonicX
02-May-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah I had problems to begin with. Best thing to do is take cover immediately then whip it out :D

That's what my girlfriend tells me to do.....

Yojimbo
02-May-2008, 05:10 PM

Bassman, you are not alone. I had to invert my controls too, much to my wife's displeasure (she prefers up as up and down as down)

MinionZombie
02-May-2008, 05:39 PM
Mind you, problem there is that you can't always get there fast enough and have already lost a bunch of armour and/or health.

Also - anyone noticed when you have to bust open a door to shoot from outside cover that the door always swings closed again - ARGH! F*CK OFF WITH THAT SH*T! STAY OPEN!!! - so you have to run into fire to open the door, then run back and it'll swing closed eventually, bloody daft, a silly thing they should have noticed during testing to fix, along with the rapid health loss and incredible ease of getting into trouble with the cops and often-times tricky nature of escaping them, or nigh-on impossibility if it's more than 3 stars. :rolleyes:

I sound like I'm in a right mood with the game, but I'm not, it's still superb - but these are some annoyances I've found while playing that shouldn't have gotten through testing, imho.

Danny
02-May-2008, 05:55 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/leetle.jpg

Should be getting this tomrrow, but im not excited abotu the story im purely sold on the 16 player multiplayer.

MinionZombie
02-May-2008, 06:02 PM
"A leetle"... :D

There was an awesome moment earlier today, I car jacked someone outside my apartment but didn't drive off quick enough, the owner of the car then car-jacked me back - HOWEVER - two bystanders came to MY aid and beat the owner of the car up as they'd obviously missed the fact that I wasn't the victim in reality. I thought that was funny as fook, wasn't expecting that at all. :)

CoinReturn
02-May-2008, 06:36 PM
I've found the key to the melee combat is to use the "A" button to counter attack right as they take a swing at you. I did a 4 hit combo ending with a Peter Washington-esque scissor kick earlier.

mista_mo
02-May-2008, 07:09 PM
i think a better idea is to just run them over.

kidgloves
02-May-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm unhealthy addicted to this game

Just done a mission with 3 other NPC's but you need a 4 door car so muppet that I am I jack a car when a copper is standing right across the road. Within seconds there's cops everywhere and the shootout that ensues was something to behold. Cop cars turning up and causing pile ups. Then the ambulances arrive to help the injured. Never seen anything like this before in a video game. Truly incredible. The shootout was pure gaming heaven.

MikePizzoff
02-May-2008, 08:04 PM
The list of little things that truly amaze me could go on forever.

For example, anybody else figure out that you can blow out the tires on a vehicle by doing a burn-out?

Also, if you take a dirtbike or motorcycle down into the subway and ride the tracks for a little while, it'll eventually open up into a big underground cavern-of-sorts and there'll be mattresses and shopping carts everywhere and tons of graffiti on the walls. Very cool and true to real life subway systems.

Danny
02-May-2008, 08:09 PM
anyone found the heart of liberty city yet?

MikePizzoff
02-May-2008, 10:11 PM
anyone found the heart of liberty city yet?

Yes sir. Pretty cool/bizarre/creepy.

Craig
02-May-2008, 11:14 PM
The most awesome shootout I've had with the cops so far was when I was on a little crime spree and was cornered in an alley where I had to take cover behind a dumpster.
Cops came from the left and right and I was blindfiring all over the place. Whenever they tried to make their way towards me I just shot them down, corpses literally clogged the alleyway.
Eventually I ran out of shotgun ammo and the cops started getting a bit more brave and tried to get round to me, I shot one down but just my luck he staggered to his feet again and took me out when I was focusing on the rest of them. Damn good fun it was though :D

And hellsing, why not want to at least see what the story is like? I'm only about 28 missions in and it's so good. The different ways and times you recieve missions and side-missions it really feels like a fluid experience.

I'll agree that shooting doors of a building open to get at the gooey enemy center does get a bit annoying, but I just try and adapt and carry on, I doubt nothing short of a really stupid plot twist could spoil my experience of this game.

MinionZombie
03-May-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh I am so gonna go find this heart of Liberty City now (I know where it is, a quick Google told me just from the results page) - and I'm so gonna take a bike down into the subway and find this mattress kingdom for hobos. :D

Some nice touches I recently found - I was in a bit of an old banger and driving around and it BACK FIRED with a big plume of smoke! :)

Also, I was on my way to a mission and had taken a ride on the subway to get most of the way there, but needed a car (this is on the 'main island' where you come across Playboy X), so I tried to hail a cab, then basically steal it, but it drove off with my hanging on the door handle! I was dragged for about 20 feet before I fell off, the cops saw this and treated me as a criminal (even though I was hanging on the rear handle, so I should really be the victim! :D).

Anyway, I've gotten onto my feet just as a cop arrives and points his gun at me, I put my hands up ... ... then RUN! I barge it to a nearby car (it's a boxy sort of car, but with glass in the roof, handles pretty well and has a good speed on it ... kinda looks like a Buick 2-door) so I jump into that as the glass and body work is being riddled with bullet holes and burn out for a short chase through the city - so much easier on the wide open streets, although they are a lot busier. I lose the cops and go to do my mission - supoib.

Body armour is still nigh-on useless though...

Oh yeah - did the mission where you have to snipe from a rooftop, you see clips of that in one of the latest trailers (where a dude falls from a crane and smashes into a 4x4 below :elol:) - the cover system worked pretty well there at least!

Danny
03-May-2008, 10:27 PM
bloody nora chasing that douche in a car for vlad is buggin' me, i keep making it to the crane jump and dying before i can blow his brains out.

slickwilly13
04-May-2008, 02:33 AM
I have played this game so much that every night I dreamed of being involved in organized crime. I like this one better than the rest. The series has improved greatly with each console generation.

Hey, I think tires can be shot flat. After escaping from the cops I checked out the damage to the car. The windsheild had multiple bullet holes and splattered with blood in good detail. I noticed my back tire was gone and the wheel was worn away, which hindered my get away speed. I almost ditched the car, but they were on my ass.

Anyone used car bombs to blow up shops, yet? :cool:

MinionZombie
04-May-2008, 10:28 AM
Blow up shops?! :rockbrow::eek: Nope...what happens?

Hellsing - I did that mission first time through, if you start shooting the cops will be on your ass when you're busy chasing him across the roof so you'll get shot a few times no doubt, I did. I just kept firing on him as he ran across the roof and got him from far away - however I think you're supposed to go right up to him at the end and push him off the building, but once the mish is done, the cops will fook off.

Just remember when jumping from one building roof to another to be hammering the A button to get sprint and then smash X to leap at the right time.

Interesting you should mention that mission, just on "Playr 2" on Bravo they had that mission as an example. If you go to the very edge where Ivan is hanging on, you can either kill him (stamp on his hands) or save him ... no idea what happens if you save him, he says he'll go into hiding and just disappear from their lives ... mind you, I just shot him from a distance, lol.

How are you finding the combat and movement system thus far?

Danny
04-May-2008, 12:39 PM
its a bit fiddly, epecially the jumping, thats a little less san andreas and more the gimp jump of tomy vercetti.
its a great game but its not a perfect ten out of ten, the city is great ,all the npcs and what have you but its still the same basic game as the last few. thats not something to complain about but the biggest omfg factors seem to be only the "leetle" things, like going through a windshield or something , but nothing reaally big and an mind blowing, save the detail of the city itsel ahs been included. its great game, but it leads you by the hands way to much to be deserving of a perfect score, its a 9.5 out of ten in my book, but i cant see myself playing it for years to come like i do with vice city just because aside from niko none of the characters are that interesting (thus far) an dthey just dont pull, and repull you back into thetory like the characters in vice city and san andreas did.

CoinReturn
04-May-2008, 02:15 PM
How you liking the multiplayer, hells?

MinionZombie
04-May-2008, 05:16 PM
I stole a guy's taxi and he hung onto the handle as well and I dragged him for a block before he fell off. :elol:

Just failed a mission with a massive gun fight in an old hospital, f*cked up and died on the way out of there, gah! :mad:

I saw a cop had someone pulled over on one of the bridges and he'd set out cones behind his car to guide traffic, then there was a guy who was loading shopping into the boot of his car, then of course the hilarious Love Meet website, hehe.

GTA San Andreas' story was nowhere near as good as Vice City, and GTA IV definitely has a better story than SA already, that's what I reckon anyway...

I might have to go all vigilante in a cop car after doing a mish for Bruce involving chasing someone down in a cop car (and using the in-car computer, noiiice). That was fun alright - a proper chase, but me doing the chasing, as lorries panicked at being hit, shedding their load of oil drums or huge logs before skidding out on a bridge - exciting stuff. :)

slickwilly13
04-May-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I did the taxi drag, too. That was funny. I probably dragged him for over a block at a high speed.

For MZ: possible spoiler?

Later in the game you are told to pick up a convoy truck and take it to a garage of a shop. The truck is rigged with a bomb. You have to press LB to start the timer after you take the truck to the garage. Then a cut scene shows him running off, then the building blows up. Then a msg says for you to get out of the area before the cops show up. And you can hear a large number of them closing in from a distance. After stealing a car, you can hear on the radio what you did. Terrorists setting a bomb off in the city. Also the explosion sets off every car alarm in the perimeter. :cool:

Danny
04-May-2008, 07:45 PM
just did that truck one, i got stuck by two cabbies who were damn sure they had to go past first.

as for online so far ive only encountered douchebags who run around aimlessly shooting and proclaiming im using "HAKS!,HAKS!!!111!" for using cover and a shot gun when a group came at me.

tossers.

im currently doing the vigilate, drug dealer and the warehouse meet with dimitri missions.

Andy
04-May-2008, 08:36 PM
Sorry guys dont read this if you dont want to, i will use spoiler tags but im shock!

michelle is a fed! the ****ing bitch!!

You have been warned! :rant:

kidgloves
04-May-2008, 09:18 PM
its a bit fiddly, epecially the jumping, thats a little less san andreas and more the gimp jump of tomy vercetti.
its a great game but its not a perfect ten out of ten, the city is great ,all the npcs and what have you but its still the same basic game as the last few. thats not something to complain about but the biggest omfg factors seem to be only the "leetle" things, like going through a windshield or something , but nothing reaally big and an mind blowing, save the detail of the city itsel ahs been included. its great game, but it leads you by the hands way to much to be deserving of a perfect score, its a 9.5 out of ten in my book, but i cant see myself playing it for years to come like i do with vice city just because aside from niko none of the characters are that interesting (thus far) an dthey just dont pull, and repull you back into thetory like the characters in vice city and san andreas did.

With all due respect Hellsing you haven't played it nowhere long enough yet.

I'm gonna predict that EVERYONE who plays this through to the end will be giving it a 10/10. Its a truly mind blowing experience

C5NOTLD
04-May-2008, 09:20 PM
Some nice touches I recently found - I was in a bit of an old banger and driving around and it BACK FIRED with a big plume of smoke! :)

:D There are some really nice touches/details in the game.

I was being chased by the cops and banging my car up pretty bad. Escaped onto the highway - no cops - just freedom and then my car died while I was driving :lol:

Danny
04-May-2008, 09:52 PM
With all due respect Hellsing you haven't played it nowhere long enough yet.

aye thats true, this sint one of those games were you get it all off the bat, in the first 30 mins i just walked about, did some driving adn beat up a hobo for 20 bucks, dont know about you but as a demo that wouldnt sell me a game.

Then youve got ****e like assassins creed were you experience it all in an hour and it royally blows.

Craig
04-May-2008, 10:11 PM
I think when you have a best-selling formula like GTA, there's not much you can do except change little details and add more stuff to do/use. If you try and add too much it's probably gonna break that formula somehow. A bit like how SA added a lot in terms of stat building, while a fine element for a game like this, things like the hunger bar and such just were a nuisance.

Anyway, in terms of my GTAIV progress I'm really lagging behind it seems, I haven't played it very much over the past few days, and when I have I've just been too busy trying to do lots of smaller missions and stuff. Speaking of side missions, has anyone met any of the random people about the city that have jobs for you? Like the millionaire crackhead? One of my friends who's much further ahead hasn't even spotted one.

CoinReturn
04-May-2008, 11:53 PM
Manhattan at night is jaw-dropping. They really make you feel as if you're in the middle of a real, bustling city. Oh yeah, and I ran in to that millionaire crackhead, he gave me $100 for nothing :D

MikePizzoff
05-May-2008, 12:11 AM
Manhattan at night is jaw-dropping.

Yeah. Although I've done it at least 40 times now, every time I fly over the city at night I'm in complete awe at the realism and beauty of it.

MinionZombie
05-May-2008, 10:26 AM
Millionnaire crackhead?! :eek: You what, why, where?

I'm just a touch under 30% of the way through, I attempted a mish yesterday at an old hospital (a lot of shooting involved) but got royally shot through my windshield to death as I was about to make my heroic escape in my Buick...grrrr!

I did go on a gay date as part of a mission though, funny stuff. :D

Slick - oh yeah I did that mission ages ago with the bomb-filled truck, that was awesome, but I didn't turn the radio on afterward (forgot about that), but I've been more diligent about that lately as it's awesome to hear about your exploits.

I thought you meant you could get a car and just blow up any shop you wanted...

Danny
05-May-2008, 12:52 PM
im only at 20% at 10 hours in , i just got to the middle island.

also during a car jack i u turned ,noked someone over and ran over there head, causing it to explode like a melon, gross, but creepy touch.

capncnut
05-May-2008, 01:40 PM
I did go on a gay date as part of a mission though, funny stuff. :D
I opened that mission up but it disappeared on me.

Craig
05-May-2008, 01:59 PM
I opened that mission up but it disappeared on me.
Ya might need to check your emails in-game, that's how you arrange the gay date mission.

AcesandEights
05-May-2008, 02:06 PM
I

Remember lads - careful of the spoilers.

Too true!

Got it release day and have been playing whenever I can squeeze some time in. Awesome, awesome game that's chock full of detail.

The only things I miss so far from GTA SA is the variance in scenery (i.e. no going out to the country) and I really liked being able to take over territory etc. and pull heists for my gang. Hopefully there'll be more sandboxy-goodness and lush scenery as we go along in GTA 4.