PDA

View Full Version : Lucas..... PLEASE!

Neil
12-Apr-2008, 09:45 PM
Didn't the last three Star Wars films you made make you realise that effects + effects + effects cannot match a good script with believable action and good characters...

Obviously not as now we have Clone Wars...
goM9NHBoQnU

Even less believable action and characters...

Looks, lots of robots some video editor has CTRL-C'd and CTRL-V'd all over the screen are shooting at each other... Meh!

The originals were intelligent and not truly aimed at kids (solely at least). They're now dumbed down kiddy friendly nonsense!

bassman
12-Apr-2008, 09:50 PM
I heard about this a while back. While I agree that Lucas is pretty much ruining the credibility of the original trilogy, I don't see this as that big of a deal. Looks to me more like something just for the big fans. Kind of like the ten million different books that are for the BIG fans.....

axlish
12-Apr-2008, 11:29 PM
The video no longer works, but are you talking about The Clone Wars Cartoons? If so, those were brilliant.

Danny
13-Apr-2008, 12:38 AM
no, its a new cgi version, colour me meh'd, im done with star wars and have bene done so since i ,at 11 years old ,could tell phantom menace was a piece of ****.
im not a big fan of cgi movies anymore to bot, the rumour of a advent children style continuation of the final fantasy X subseries would get me to bite but im a longtime final fantasy fan, so i guess yeah, some of those E.U fans might sploodge like spideys wrists over this but i cant see it as being popular, the last star wars thing i think that was really popular was blue harvest, and what trilogy of the two was that based on?:sneaky:

p2501
13-Apr-2008, 01:32 AM
Dis-gust-ing.

basicly it's the Tartakovsky shorts but CGI-ed and written by the same twats that did the prequells.

maybe i'm missing it but what the goddamn point?

T's team is what made the two runs of clone wars so damn excellent. without them i just fail to see the point.... other than

... were back to the same bit of lucas trodding out the star wars cash generating behemoth for sake of getting some more sheckles from all the fanboys.

axlish
13-Apr-2008, 01:43 AM
I just pulled it up on Youtube and I fail to see what is causing outrage. The CGI looks plenty good enough for an all CGI TV series. The Clone Wars Cartoons were brilliant but I'd be foolish to think that those story lines couldn't be expanded on greatly. I'll reserve my judgment until after I see the series.

For those that like to rage on Lucas' every move (you know who you are), please turn the page and move along.

capncnut
13-Apr-2008, 08:23 AM
Couldn't agree more. I thought the CGI in the video was okay and yeah, the Clone Wars cartoons were
badass. I think this project will be interesting.

Neil
13-Apr-2008, 09:07 AM
Couldn't agree more. I thought the CGI in the video was okay and yeah, the Clone Wars cartoons were
badass. I think this project will be interesting.

I've only heard good things about the cartoon, but not seen them... What was so good about them?

capncnut
13-Apr-2008, 09:55 AM
I've only heard good things about the cartoon, but not seen them... What was so good about them?
The animation was pretty decent and I liked how it continued the story between Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith. In fact, a lot of fans feel that the series is better than the three later films Lucas made and it won an Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program.

Here you go, have a ganders. Do bear in mind that it's aimed at a younger audience.

gXtMU2gQzJA

axlish
13-Apr-2008, 12:02 PM
Here you go, have a ganders. Do bear in mind that it's aimed at a younger audience.

Yeah, it's like G.I. Joe, but people actually get killed.

p2501
13-Apr-2008, 04:07 PM
they did a fair bit to advance and flesh out the plot while still putting a ton of characterization back into the jedi.

further they really spelled out how lop sided the clone wars were. no matter how exceedingly bad ass the clone troopers were, they were just so damn many droids to be killed.

Mike70
14-Apr-2008, 02:17 PM
the clone wars cartoons did kick ass. they are the only thing that lucas has done since empire (and his work on indiana jones) that hasn't sucked the dog dick of anubis.

star wars I-III are just horrid - though III was, i will admit, passable if you looked at it as mindless, time killing entertainment.

star wars is something i have less patience for every year. for some reason as i've grown up the movies just look more and more trite and childish.

i don't rag on lucas because i think it is cool, i do it because i think the guy is a lousy ass film maker.

maybe lucas and uwe boll ought to get together and either make a movie or have a love child. then again maybe they ought to do both.:p