PDA

View Full Version : i have rediscovered comic books...

Mike70
13-Apr-2008, 02:41 AM
must seem funny after my trashing them a few times but the other day i downloaded the marvel catalog from oct-dec 1970 and am loving most of the stuff in there.

conan #1
spiderman
the avengers
sub-mariner
thor
iron man
incredible hulk

to name a few.

i've spent most of this evening reading through different issues and i am already in the process of acquiring more.

p2501
13-Apr-2008, 04:20 PM
if you get into more current stuff a few to check out.

Preacher
transmetropolitian
DMZ
wasteland
the walking dead (of course)
the punisher
Global frequency
just about anything from warren ellis.

mista_mo
14-Apr-2008, 12:18 AM
For Gods sake don't read the one more day spider-man story line.

Mike70
14-Apr-2008, 11:45 PM
if you get into more current stuff a few to check out.

Preacher
transmetropolitian
DMZ
wasteland
the walking dead (of course)
the punisher
Global frequency
just about anything from warren ellis.

thanks man, i've written those titles down for future ref. though i don't know when i'll get to them. since my appetite has been whetted by the marvel bundle i DL'd. i've gone on to DL entire runs of comics - the entire conan, kamandi, dr. strange, tomb of dracula, avengers and fantastic four. that ought to keep me occupied for awhile.

by the way - what comic reader do you (or anyone else out there) use when you view them electronically? i am using jomic and xee right now and both seem to work pretty well.

p2501
15-Apr-2008, 06:57 PM
thanks man, i've written those titles down for future ref. though i don't know when i'll get to them. since my appetite has been whetted by the marvel bundle i DL'd. i've gone on to DL entire runs of comics - the entire conan, kamandi, dr. strange, tomb of dracula, avengers and fantastic four. that ought to keep me occupied for awhile.

by the way - what comic reader do you (or anyone else out there) use when you view them electronically? i am using jomic and xee right now and both seem to work pretty well.
email me when you can. alot of where i'm going to send you is better off done on the DL.

wesleyburket@gmail.com