PDA

View Full Version : Low flying planes...

capncnut
13-Apr-2008, 10:09 AM
...as they approach the landing strip at Hong Kong's Kai Tak airport. I think this video is amazing.

UyU9OLqQ8XA

Neil
13-Apr-2008, 01:56 PM
...as they approach the landing strip at Hong Kong's Kai Tak airport. I think this video is amazing.

UyU9OLqQ8XA

It is isn't hard... It's a media clip from the internet... Put it in the media forum! :dead:

capncnut
13-Apr-2008, 02:36 PM
It is isn't hard... It's a media clip from the internet... Put it in the media forum! :dead:
I thought I did!

MikePizzoff
14-Apr-2008, 03:10 AM
That is insane. I've never seen a plan fly that low!

bassman
14-Apr-2008, 03:37 PM
It would scare the sh*t out of me to look up and see that while walking down the street.

Mike70
14-Apr-2008, 04:23 PM
It would scare the sh*t out of me to look up and see that while walking down the street.

it would scare the crap out of me too. imagine being in one of those planes and looking out the window and seeing the roof of a building like 50 or 100 feet below you. that would cause a pretty serious pucker factor first time through, i bet.

clanglee
14-Apr-2008, 08:16 PM
In Charlotte NC, they had these planes dusting for canker worms for two days. Bright yellow planes, flying low as hell. I had not yet read the article about the dusting when I noticed them on my way to work. Bright yellow plane flying barely over the treeline in a major city. Scared the crap outta me!!! I thought we were under attack by disgruntled farmers. Even after I found out the reason, it still worried me. Just seems like too much could go wrong for a plane to fly that low in an urban environment.

Skippy911sc
14-Apr-2008, 10:05 PM
I remember while living near chicago, some time ago, the military planes were practicing for the air and water show. I look out side and see a stealth bomber, b1 bomber, f-16, f-14...you name it...I though a war had broken out. And talk about loud...holy $hit!!!

capncnut
15-Apr-2008, 09:40 AM
I bet it's an awesome sight to see a huge airplane roaring low across the skies like that, I'm sure the noise scares the s**t out of everybody below.