PDA

View Full Version : just watched king of kong

Danny
14-Apr-2008, 07:28 PM
what the ****?
That movie was so friggin retarded, entertaining but that guy had no chance in hell of getting billy mitchell to compete.

For those who havent seen it a guy gets a record on donkey kong and records it on tape and sends it in to twin galazys to get officially recognised. Whilst hes out 2 of what can only be described as minions of the previous record holder break into his garage, take the machine apart and look for sins of cheating, and his score is disqualified even though no cheating is found.
He then goes to the funzone arcade were there all playing at the time, gets the record beating score on the machine and then, the same guy who broke into his house keeps ringing billy mitchell like wormtongue over sarumans shoulder and shows up with a tape by bily of an even higher score, -HOWEVER only the ingame is recorded, no machine or anything and at each level the tape myseteriously skips in exactly the same place as a level transition is made.
billy claims this is becasue it was a copy, but come on, at the exact optimum time to cheat at the exact same interval the tape skipd?, bollox.
but they accept it. and the challenger constantly tries to get billy to compete against him but he refuses, and even hides form the guy in the same resturant and the challenger apparrently is disliked by another of billys lackeys for showing up TO A PUBLIC RESTAURANT "uninvited".
He then spends 4 days at a guiness world records event trying to beat this recorded score, billy shows up on day 4, the challenger says hi and billy says "theres certain kinds of people i dont want to be seen with" and walks off without competeing.
his wifes never seen him play a game, he refused to, was all high and mighty and stared daggers at the end when his right hand man comended steve beiwei for competeing and stated "i have no idea what your talking about" and acted disinterested, even though his words at the start were "doing it at home doesnt count, only if you do it in public are you a contender"
and in '07 Steve finally beat his score.

Loved the film but good god what a bunch of slimy bastards he whent up against.

Mike70
14-Apr-2008, 08:50 PM
i am gonna have to look this one up. i spent more of my allowance on donkey kong and galaga in the early 80s than i care to talk about.