PDA

View Full Version : the cloverfield DVD...

Mike70
14-Apr-2008, 09:57 PM
will vary depending on what location you buy it at. this sounds a bit kitschy to me.

found this on scifiwire. i don't know if this has been posted before. i am way too lazy to be bothered to search.

Cloverfield Has Many Versions

Cloverfield, the J.J. Abrams-produced monster movie, drops on DVD on April 22 in several special editions, depending on which retailer sells it.

At Suncoast and FYE stores, the movie will appear in limited-edition steel-book collectible packaging.

The Best Buy version will include a bonus disc entitled "TJ Miller's Video Diary," containing almost 30 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes footage with "Hud," one of the film's characters.

Kmart and Sears customers will get a free Cloverfield ringtone.

Those who buy the disc at Target will get a deluxe edition, with a "Rob's Goin' to Japan Party Mix" music CD.

Danny
14-Apr-2008, 11:24 PM
im not the only yawning am i?, the movie wasnt very good and im not gonna buy the dvd since id not watch it a 2nd time, but even people who might have enjoyed the flick arent gonna be swayed to splurge on that.

Mike70
14-Apr-2008, 11:41 PM
no your probably not the only one yawning. i was a bit meh about cloverfield myself. i threw this info out there because it seems so damn bizarre to be offering different versions of the DVD at different retailers.

does anyone know if this has ever been before and what the results were?

Danny
15-Apr-2008, 12:31 AM
this happens all the time over here, especially at HMV.

DeadJonas190
15-Apr-2008, 07:32 AM
We get Slusho shirts to wear as employees of Blockbuster, but other than that I think our version is just a normal version of the movie. We do often get exclusive rentals with added bonus material, but usually nothing exclusive for sale.

I know they have done different versions at different stores, but usually it's just the packaging, a bonus disk added (Very often done at Walmart) or different promo material. For instance, the 2004 version of Dawn came with a bonus disk at Best Buy featuring Andy at the gun shop and his private home video he made.

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm joining the yawn-fest with a gigantic...

MEH

...for afters. :D

My review of it is on my blog, check it out if you're interested.

bassman
15-Apr-2008, 11:59 AM
I quite enjoyed Cloverfield so I was planning on picking it up, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get a special packaging or cd of music not really related to the film.

Anyone know what version Wal Mart will have? That's my easiest route.

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2008, 12:09 PM
From that list, if I was a whore for Cloverfield (which I ain't) I'd get the Best Buy one as it's got some other footage actually relating to the film by the looks of things.

The movie was still generally meh though, as seen in my review of it. :D

Mike70
15-Apr-2008, 12:49 PM
Anyone know what version Wal Mart will have? That's my easiest route.

it is a bit odd that scifi's article doesn't mention wal mart - only the biggest retailer out there. i wonder if they didn't want to play.

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2008, 04:47 PM
A friend of a friend of a mate of an acquaintance of a f*ck buddy of a guy they know who once went out with this chick one time, but she was really a dude who was shagging this other guy - well that guy's cousin's uncle's brother's mother said ...

*gasps for breath*

Wal-Mart said:

Cloverfield is well ghey.

Proper true story too. :)