PDA

View Full Version : Dead Settings

SRP76
16-Apr-2008, 04:18 AM
I don't think this topic has been covered before, so let's do it.

What kind of setting do you prefer for your zombie action? Each of these offers its own built-in story opportunities, and also present its own problems for "the heroes".

3pidemiC
16-Apr-2008, 06:20 AM
I really like the idea of a city in chaos during an outbreak and I also really like a tropical setting ala Zombi 2.

strayrider
16-Apr-2008, 07:27 AM
Light industrial areas, office parks, strip malls,etc -- the 'burbs.

capncnut
16-Apr-2008, 08:58 AM
Antarctic research facility or underwater base. :D

Legion2213
16-Apr-2008, 04:11 PM
Urban all the way, we westerners generaly live in urban areas, so, we can identify with any urban setting when we see it heaving with zombies and everything breaking down/going to hell...

3pidemiC
16-Apr-2008, 04:45 PM
Antarctic research facility or underwater base. :D

...ala The Thing and Bioshock? :P

Skippy911sc
16-Apr-2008, 07:00 PM
I'd like to be able to see things a little more clearly than the underground idea...except for Day...lots of light in that one. I think a jungle would be cool. Rural is always a plus for me...I don't like the idea that someone walks around the corner and pow they get grabbed.

Choas
16-Apr-2008, 09:26 PM
I have to say urban.

SRP76
17-Apr-2008, 02:40 AM
I like the jungle/rundown middle-of-nowhere theme. See 3pidemiC's sig? That's exactly the type of setting I mean. Since everything already looks like a disaster area on its best day, it gives the whole feeling of poverty and hopelessness even without the dead.

MaximusIncredulous
17-Apr-2008, 04:21 AM
An oil rig would be nice. Out in the middle of nowhere, impossible for hordes of the living dead to access, and a great place to conduct freakish experiments on living dead specimens with no interruptions by nosy meddlers :evil:

3pidemiC
17-Apr-2008, 03:22 PM
I like the jungle/rundown middle-of-nowhere theme. See 3pidemiC's sig? That's exactly the type of setting I mean. Since everything already looks like a disaster area on its best day, it gives the whole feeling of poverty and hopelessness even without the dead.

That is exactly why I chose that picture. It's a great shot.

sandrock74
17-Apr-2008, 11:46 PM
Oil Rigs would be cool because of their naturally isolated location. Even if zombies walked underwater to the Rig, they ARE NOT getting up into it. A perfect safe zone.
Although if someone bitten gets aboard...

hadrian0117
18-Apr-2008, 01:41 AM
I think a suburban area or small town would make a nice setting for a story set at the begining of an outbreak when nobody knows what the hell is happening. I'd also like to see a story set on a luxury cruise ship.

Zombill
18-Apr-2008, 02:26 AM
if someone bitten gets aboard...
Only Ditzy Russian Pregnant Chicks:hyper::lol:

MikePizzoff
18-Apr-2008, 02:36 AM
Since I'm from a densely populated urban area, I love to see movies that involved zombies in areas such as that. Although, they're definitely few and far between.

Doc
18-Apr-2008, 02:56 AM
Urban- Mostly because, it hasn't really been done before.......well as for as I know.....and from what I have seen most of the zed films that take in urban areas usually, suck.

Bill-117
21-Apr-2008, 09:58 PM
Oil Rig.

Armies of underwater zombies being buoyed up, zombies who reanimated with life jackets, and the zombies actually ON the rig. Plus, zombified ships just floating around.