PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man

ProfessorChaos
17-Apr-2008, 04:27 AM
Does anyone really give a crap about the Iron Man movie coming out next month? I've seen lots of advertising, but with GTAIV coming out the week before, plus The Dark Knight and Incredible Hulk later in the year, I just don't think this movie will do well at all.

Iron Man never really was a popular character, as far as I can recall. I don't know anyone who is a fan of Iron Man, or has even mentioned this movie...no one seems to care.

And even though I'm stoked about the upcoming Batman and Hulk films, I think that comic book movies are becoming a dead horse.

Any thoughts?

Danny
17-Apr-2008, 07:04 AM
really, really looking forward to it, the hulk looks like ****, and for once i can judge it on the trailer since it gave away the entire plot, ive been a long time iron man fan, hes allways been up there with spidey for me, even if he turned into a dick during the civil war arc at least he got ANY character development compred to some comic book heroes wich have remained the same for almost half a century.
im in fact looking forward to iron man more than indy 4, though of course ill have to see both.

ProfessorChaos
17-Apr-2008, 11:19 AM
really, danny? that's odd, i was actually gonna make a joke in the initial post about how jaded you are (when it comes to most everything else, at least) and how you were most likely in the same boat as me....not giving a damn.

robert downey jr. just doesn't seem like an action hero either.

as for the hulk, ed norton is an amazing actor and i think he'll bring a lot more depth to the character than bana did...i agree that the cgi is a little excessive, they just oughta get another lou ferigno-size dude to wear tiny clothes and throw chairs around:lol:

bassman
17-Apr-2008, 11:57 AM
Although I've never read and know nothing about the comics, i'm looking forward to it. Not as much as The Dark Knight, but I want to see it. It looks like it's going to fun movie to watch. Funny, too.

Danny
17-Apr-2008, 12:23 PM
really, danny? that's odd, i was actually gonna make a joke in the initial post about how jaded you are (when it comes to most everything else, at least) and how you were most likely in the same boat as me....not giving a damn.

robert downey jr. just doesn't seem like an action hero either.

as for the hulk, ed norton is an amazing actor and i think he'll bring a lot more depth to the character than bana did...i agree that the cgi is a little excessive, they just oughta get another lou ferigno-size dude to wear tiny clothes and throw chairs around:lol:

well tony starks started out as this playboy industrialist with a heart condition, then he got an alcohol problem and so on and so forth, and right now hes the director of s.h.i.e.l.d and seems at first to be a complete assehole but is shown to still try what he thinks is the heroic thing to do, hes never really been an action hero, more just a flawed man in a high tech suit of armour.
as for nrton hes a great actor, i recon hed work well with ...the dude whos playing batman his name escapes me but im biase dright off the bat because i liked the origional hulk movie by ang lee, though im one of a very small minority wich got smaller after he released brokeback mountain ( and they say nerds are accepting to other people :rolleyes:) its just that its given away the plot in the trailer and its ANOTHER origin story about bruce banner turning into the hulk, TWO! in what? 3 years?
if that doesn't scream "rushed cash in on a franchise" i dont know what does, and for once im not being jaded its just one of those adaptions like ghost rider you know is only going to be pumped out to make a few million back on its production costs so they can do another...and another and so on and so forth till we will get a remake of a film based on a video-game that was an adaptation of a book that was a modern sci-fi retelling of a medieval story.

*someone at sci-fi quickly writes it on a post it note for a new franchise about dr jeckyll and mr hyde set in the star wars universe.*

no lol, you knows theyd whore that out till it were walking bow legged.

...that sounds like an "mz" metaphor than one of my usual ramblings.:lol:

mista_mo
17-Apr-2008, 12:45 PM
Robert Downy looks like Tony Stark, at least in the recent arc. When i saw the trailer and the way he acted in it, and carried himself, i could really picture him as tony stark. In later issues Tony got fooken huge though, hand to hand combat training from Captain America, and then came the techno-organic virus..pretty neat stuff.

He is a very iconic Marvel hero, and there are plenty of people who love him (okay, maybe not since the civil war like hellsing said).

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2008, 12:45 PM
Iron Man, Indy 4, Dark Knight - all MUST sees, so I will be seeing them.

I smell many-a-cine-trip for me and the lads this summer season. Should be going to see In Bruges on Sunday, then next week Forgetting Sarah Marshall probably, then squeeze in Indy 4...ooooh betty! :)

MoonSylver
18-Apr-2008, 02:28 AM
I'm looking forward to Iron Man. I always thought he was a cool character & was excited to hear that Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark becuase not only is he a good actor & looks the part, but I think Tony Stark is definatly a character he can identify with given his own past & that has to bring an extra dimention to the character.

Now the Hulk...ugh...didn't even know they were making a sequel. They hosed that one up so bad, why bother? I was psyched to see that one when it came out. Especially after "Spider-Man". Then when I saw it....:mad: :rant: :annoyed:. Sort of the same feeling I had about the American "Godzilla" or "Highlander 2". :(

DeadJonas190
18-Apr-2008, 04:37 AM
Iron Man will do well even though it comes out 3 days after Grand Theft Auto 4. Iron Man is being marketed everywhere and I know quite a few people excited to see the movie, but I must also say that I work in a movie store so people are always telling me what they want to see.

As far as Robert Downy Jr. playing Tony Stark, I think he is perfect for the role and from what I have seen so far in the trailers he is doing a good job. I can't wait for this movie, I think it is going to be awesome.

The new Hulk movie looks horrible. I hope the CGI in the trailer is unfinished because if that is the actual CGI it looks worse than some of the low budget movies on the Sci-Fi channel.

Anyway, I was excited to read they were going to make another movie because the first wasn't that great. I do find it funny that they are making another movie and it's not a sequel, but a restart only 5 years after the first one bombed.

ProfessorChaos
18-Apr-2008, 09:28 AM
i guess i've just never been a big fan of iron man, so i'm not really too pumped. plus i'll be glued to my fresh copy of gta4:D

but really, think of all the comic book movies we've had in recent years:

hellboy
hellboy 2
batman begins
the dark knight
superman returns
fantastic four
ff2
hulk
incredible hulk
spider-man
spidey2
spidey3
ghost rider
daredevil
elektra
punisher
x men
x2
x3
blade1
blade2
blade3

i, for one, think this is getting a little excessive..especially with marvel.

Neil
18-Apr-2008, 10:24 AM
Does anyone really give a crap about the Iron Man movie coming out next month? I've seen lots of advertising, but with GTAIV coming out the week before, plus The Dark Knight and Incredible Hulk later in the year, I just don't think this movie will do well at all.

Iron Man never really was a popular character, as far as I can recall. I don't know anyone who is a fan of Iron Man, or has even mentioned this movie...no one seems to care.

And even though I'm stoked about the upcoming Batman and Hulk films, I think that comic book movies are becoming a dead horse.

Any thoughts?I know next to nothing about it - which is a plus my book - and the previews/early feedback has been excellent. So I'm definately interested in seeing it :)

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2008, 10:29 AM
I'll be going that's for sure, such movies are better on the big screen anyway (not that they don't work on DVD, but they're just more exciting on a massive screen with loud speakers all around you and an audience reacting in unison). :)

bassman
18-Apr-2008, 12:23 PM
The new Hulk movie looks horrible. I hope the CGI in the trailer is unfinished because if that is the actual CGI it looks worse than some of the low budget movies on the Sci-Fi channel.

Anyway, I was excited to read they were going to make another movie because the first wasn't that great. I do find it funny that they are making another movie and it's not a sequel, but a restart only 5 years after the first one bombed.

Ang Lee's Hulk wasn't as bad as alot of people let on. It wasn't great, but it was worth at least one viewing.

The Incredible Hulk will be a step or two above that. Right now it's on the back nine of my "movies I HAVE to see in theater" list. I've never been a fan of The Hulk, but I've got a soft spot for Edward Norton, so that automatically draws me in.

What's the deal with there being a connection between Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk? I heard a while back that each character has some sort of cameo in the other's film or something like that, but I never learned the full story...

Danny
18-Apr-2008, 12:42 PM
What's the deal with there being a connection between Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk? I heard a while back that each character has some sort of cameo in the other's film or something like that, but I never learned the full story...

to tie it into the avengers movie which stars both characters.

bassman
18-Apr-2008, 12:46 PM
to tie it into the avengers movie which stars both characters.

AKA : MORE Marvel films??:stunned:

Mike70
18-Apr-2008, 01:50 PM
personally, i'd be all for an avengers movie. esp. if it centers around the classic line up - vision, thor, captain america, iron man, etc.

as long as they don't use the original iron man costume

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/ironman2.jpg?t=1208527050