View Full Version : Danny's movie round-up

Danny
17-Apr-2008, 06:59 AM
this week i give a barely thought out review on 4 films
diary of the dead, king of kong, walk hard and jackass 2.5

http://theundergroundslacker.blogspot.com/2008/04/dannys-movie-round-up.html

capncnut
17-Apr-2008, 12:39 PM
Some decent reviews there, man. Good stuff! :)

I had no idea there was a Jackass 2.5?

Danny
17-Apr-2008, 12:44 PM
yep, no content from jackass 2 is in it.

though thats for good reason.....:bored:

capncnut
17-Apr-2008, 12:47 PM
Just goes to show the amount of stunts they must've filmed for it. Why the heck was Jackass 2 compiled with such 'meh' stunts?

Danny
17-Apr-2008, 12:52 PM
and most of the "too hot for tv" ones were ripped off the 3rd season of dirty sanchez.

bassman
20-May-2008, 02:58 PM
I saw Walk Hard last night and have to say that I loved it. Sure, it's stupid, but it made me laugh my ass off. The style of comedy reminded me more of Hot Shots, Naked Gun, Men In Tights and those sorts of films more than it did Anchorman.

This scene in particular made me laugh until it hurt....

57DdviStOFo&hl=en

All things considered, I think it was a great comedy for just shutting off your mind and laughing. It was actually kind of nice to see a comedy that doesn't have a heart-felt message to be found at the end. There's not many of these anymore...

MinionZombie
20-May-2008, 06:55 PM
Walk Hard is a proper spoof movie, none of that Meet the Spartans garbage, WH is proper spoofage. It picks one or two things to spoof, sticks with it and makes it's own thing out of it.

Some of Jackass 2.5 was good, it was a shame all the Vito stuff was cut cos of that whole court thing ... some of the other stuff was a bit "meh".

But I thought Jackass 2 was pretty darn good, way better than the first. Didn't find it "meh" at all.

Still, for Jackass fans, 2.5 is still a good watch or even must see.

Skippy911sc
21-May-2008, 01:51 PM
I saw Walk Hard last night and have to say that I loved it. Sure, it's stupid, but it made me laugh my ass off. The style of comedy reminded me more of Hot Shots, Naked Gun, Men In Tights and those sorts of films more than it did Anchorman.

This scene in particular made me laugh until it hurt....

57DdviStOFo&hl=en

All things considered, I think it was a great comedy for just shutting off your mind and laughing. It was actually kind of nice to see a comedy that doesn't have a heart-felt message to be found at the end. There's not many of these anymore...

That was Great...laugh out loud great!!!! Thanks I needed a Wednesday pick me up!!!