PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Shines actor Jason Beghe hits out against Scientology...

SymphonicX
18-Apr-2008, 07:39 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351287,00.html

Jason Beghe from Monkey Shines recently left the church of Scientology and made the comments you'll see posted on the link above - there's also a link to a video of him denouncing the religion.

One down, a few million to go....

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2008, 10:44 AM
hehe, well said Sir.

I've never liked 'tology, and never will. It always comes off as some OTT self-help book, like some weird-ass 12 step programme ... but one that takes loads of your money, investigates you if you don't tow a certain line and blah blah blah.

Still ... got a good couple of South Park episodes out of it. :lol:

I love how that article starts off by saying he was at the wedding of Duchovny and Leoni in 1998 - what the f*ck has that got to do with anything?! :p

SymphonicX
18-Apr-2008, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately it's probably to demonstrate his level of fame...or lack of it...mwahaha

Still, Monkey Shines was a good movie....and he was pretty solid in that...

Mike70
18-Apr-2008, 02:13 PM
well at least one person has woken up.

scientology is very akin to mormonism in my view. when you take a hard look at what these people actually believe in and the "dogma" they are asked to accept it really, really makes you scratch your head and wonder how anyone, other than the most credulous fool could believe in such stuff.

bassman
18-Apr-2008, 03:11 PM
He cracked me up when he was talking about how they convince themselves that they're happy. When he looked around laughing maniacally he reminded me of a certain actor/scientologist that recently had a similar freak out laugh on video.:D