View Full Version : Kylie Who? Dr. Who that is.

wayzim
19-Apr-2008, 06:00 PM
Last night we Yanks finally got the new Doctor Who with singer Kylie Minogue aboard as a futuristic Titanic maid, looking very cute rather than disturbingly sexy.
Unfortunately she wasn't tagged as the Doc's latest companion, more the pity since she came off rather well in the season premiere. Does this mean Who is going solo for abit, or is a certain former tagalong going to pop up sooner than later?
Meanwhile, the jury is still out on the Sarah Jane adventures. By the second episode, there's faint promise of something better, but hopefully something other than Who castoffs. I do like the girl, but thankfully it seems her girlfriend from the premiere has been booted to the side of the road.
I'm hoping, but in the meantime looking for pics of Kylie in her maids outfit.

Wayne Z

SymphonicX
19-Apr-2008, 06:08 PM
Last night we Yanks finally got the new Doctor Who with singer Kylie Minogue aboard as a futuristic Titanic maid, looking very cute rather than disturbingly sexy.
Unfortunately she wasn't tagged as the Doc's latest companion, more the pity since she came off rather well in the season premiere. Does this mean Who is going solo for abit, or is a certain former tagalong going to pop up sooner than later?
Meanwhile, the jury is still out on the Sarah Jane adventures. By the second episode, there's faint promise of something better, but hopefully something other than Who castoffs. I do like the girl, but thankfully it seems her girlfriend from the premiere has been booted to the side of the road.
I'm hoping, but in the meantime looking for pics of Kylie in her maids outfit.

Wayne Z

Oh god I hate Kylie...honestly I really, really can't stand her, her acting, her music...god I wish she'd disappear. I can safely tell you who the new assistant is, personally it's kinda put me off the series but hey, you may enjoy this person....

Sarah Jane adventures gets play on CBBC - ie: children's bbc....so as it's specifically aimed at kids and not adults, I can't be bothered with it...at least the main show is aimed at both, and both can enjoy equally...

i'm sure someone will post the new assistant's details should you want it spoiled - I dunno how to make those spoiler boxes on this forum so can't post it myself...

capncnut
19-Apr-2008, 07:16 PM
Tonights episode in the UK with the return of those Ood things was red hot I thought. Series four is shaping up to be a good one so far, especially with the return of everybody's favourite Sontaran, General Staal, next week. :cool:

As for the Doctor's new companion throughout series four:

Donna (Catherine Tate) - who played the christmas bride
And hey, I wasn't happy about it at first but I think it's working out fine. :)

Danny
19-Apr-2008, 07:48 PM
same here shes actually a bit more suited alongside tennant than the martha character was.
not a bad episode, the sontarans just look too much like the ryhno dudes form the last series opener so i aint diggin' them too much but for all i know they could be a great revamp villain, even though lttle appears to have changed with them.

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2008, 08:51 PM
Well really, if you're gonna bitch about one of the monsters, bash those Rhino things as they were essentially another Sontaran type thingy. Sontaran's came first as you've already shown you know, so I'm not complaining, just saying why bitch them out for being like the Rhino guys when the latter came after the former...:confused:

Donna's working out alright, I thought she was a bit over the top in episode two what with all her 'save them!' spiel - *ahem* SPACE-TIME-CONTINUUM much? :p

I think there were one or two too many "save them!" moments from her, it just got annoying in episode 2 for me, but aye it's been good so far, the Ood one from tonight was spiffing too.

Also - the new version of the themetune is wicked, clearly riffing on the themetune from the 1970s with the electric guitar and such, it's boshty-as-fook alright. :cool:

Cykotic
19-Apr-2008, 08:57 PM
^^^very agreed

capncnut
19-Apr-2008, 09:11 PM
aye it's been good so far, the Ood one from tonight was spiffing too.
Don't forget that Billie 'chipmunk' Piper returns at the episode eleven mark. ;)

_liam_
20-Apr-2008, 01:05 AM
Well really, if you're gonna bitch about one of the monsters, bash those Rhino things as they were essentially another Sontaran type thingy. Sontaran's came first as you've already shown you know, so I'm not complaining, just saying why bitch them out for being like the Rhino guys when the latter came after the former...:confused:

WERD

I nearly fanspunked all over the shop until you stepped in there :lol:

Rottedfreak
20-Apr-2008, 04:40 AM
The monsters have been a bit iffy lately, just humanoids in suits with animal heads slapped on them.

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2008, 10:57 AM
WERD

I nearly fanspunked all over the shop until you stepped in there :lol:
:lol:

I'm glad I saved you from having to clean up. :D

RF - welllll...consider the budget of the show, and that most of the monsters just turn up in one episode, and that you don't wanna just be relying on CGI, which isn't going to beat the CGI in Transformers by a wide margin ... and you don't want the monsters to be too scary for younger viewers.

Still - all the latest monsters are better than that weird-ass Berty Basset thing a few decades ago, wtf was that all about?! :eek:

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/elpintogrande/october07/drwhomonster1.jpg

Cykotic
20-Apr-2008, 11:33 AM
oh thank you mz for bringing back some repressed doctor who memories. much appreiciated.

and as for the critics of the judoon.... yes.... the judoon suck and are very much a sontaran rip off.

plus, where the hell would the judoon get pairs of New Rocks from??

capncnut
26-Apr-2008, 06:12 PM
Well tonight's episode was rather spiffing, yet again. The next part of the story looks awesome.

Craig
26-Apr-2008, 09:03 PM
I really can't stand Catherine Tate on Dr. Who, too much like her characters in her sketch show, especially the 'what am I like?' character. Doesn't matter much though since I've never been a big fan of Dr. Who anyway.

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2008, 09:15 PM
I really can't stand Catherine Tate on Dr. Who, too much like her characters in her sketch show, especially the 'what am I like?' character. Doesn't matter much though since I've never been a big fan of Dr. Who anyway.
Freema continued to be fit throughout the episode as well. :D

capncnut
26-Apr-2008, 09:23 PM
Freema continued to be fit throughout the episode as well. :D
Indeed, I'd absolutely smash her to bits. :D

Danny
26-Apr-2008, 11:18 PM
was it good?, well at the cliffhanger me and my freinds watchign it all whent eithe r"noooo!, come on!" "bollox" or some other form of eloquent distain.

he sontarans rocked, there like less savage klingons, and i like how they brought some of the old 70's ...pertwee (?) mythos back.

capncnut
03-May-2008, 06:13 PM
the sontarans rocked, there like less savage klingons, and i like how they brought some of the old 70's ...pertwee (?) mythos back.
And what a climax, hellzbwoy! I thought tonight's episode was absolutely top notch.

Not too sure about next weeks one though. Doctor Who? Daughter? WTF? :confused:

Danny
03-May-2008, 10:31 PM
well he did already mention in season 2 he had kids.

MinionZombie
04-May-2008, 10:22 AM
And according to my dad, who watched it from the very first series, in something like the first couple of episodes the original Doctor mentioned he had a daughter - but it wasn't mentioned again.

Evidently this new version of Doctor Who has a good amount of Who History exploring, which is nice. :)