PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Soundtrack for NotLD ?

cyks
21-Apr-2008, 11:42 PM
I recently watched yet another version of NotLD (geez, how many versions of it are floating around?) and am very interested in any info on it's soundtrack.

It was the original B&W '68 movie, but the soundtrack (especially the theme) was a piano w/ orchestra accompaniment.

Anyone have any clue where, if anywhere, I could find this music... or even more info on it?

Sadly, I have no clue which actual version of the movie it is- but hopefully someone here could help with that.

Thanks everyone.

Zombill
22-Apr-2008, 12:55 AM
sadly this sounds like it could be the 30th anniversay edition, I can not confirm this as I burned my copy of it years ago, if someone else could confirm this for him before running away in epidgy

C5NOTLD
22-Apr-2008, 02:33 AM
I recently watched yet another version of NotLD (geez, how many versions of it are floating around?) and am very interested in any info on it's soundtrack.

Sadly, I have no clue which actual version of the movie it is- but hopefully someone here could help with that.

Thanks everyone.

Did it have a bald priest at the beginning of the film?

cyks
22-Apr-2008, 02:57 AM
No, no bald goatee wearing priest... it was definitely an original edit- unless there's a version floating around where someone went through and edited the 30th back to the original - leaving the enhanced picture and new score.

DubiousComforts
22-Apr-2008, 04:29 AM
No, no bald goatee wearing priest... it was definitely an original edit- unless there's a version floating around where someone went through and edited the 30th back to the original - leaving the enhanced picture and new score.
It's the original 1968 edit with the new "enhanced" score. It was released just prior to the 30th anniversary on VHS (which I was dumb enough to actually buy) and also included on the 30th anniversary DVD.

It sucks rotten eggs for the obvious reasons--a major flaw being that much of the original Capitol Hi-Q music remains and Reverend Chipmunk's silly sampled piano/string score is simply no match along side the work of master composers from the 1950s & 60s.