PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious red lights hover over Arizona...

MikePizzoff
23-Apr-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm surprised nobody has posted anything on this, yet.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/ireports/2008/04/22/irpt.ufo.ireport?iref=24hours

capncnut
23-Apr-2008, 12:41 PM
Ain't working for me. Stuck with a black screen. :(

Publius
23-Apr-2008, 01:37 PM

They don't WANT you to see. ;)

MikePizzoff
23-Apr-2008, 04:45 PM
Here's a cruddy YouTube version of the video:

Z-unAhxorbk

capncnut
24-Apr-2008, 11:55 AM
Video no longer available. I'm beginning to think you're right, Publius.

ZombieGrrL
24-Apr-2008, 12:39 PM
They don't WANT you to see. ;)I'm starting to regret reading this thread after seeing a strange man dressed in black outside my window.....

DubiousComforts
24-Apr-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm surprised nobody has posted anything on this, yet.
I've yet to read a single report where anyone is claiming these lights were U.F.O.s, yet it's being preemptively debunked as a hoax by "science": Live Science (http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/080423-bad-phoenix-lights.html?loc=interstitialskip)

By sheer coincidence, the "rational" explanation always turns out to be a lone prankster, a crazed gunman, just a handful of hijackers. Sounds great if you believe in coincidence theory.

Publius
24-Apr-2008, 02:15 PM
I've yet to read a single report where anyone is claiming these lights were U.F.O.s, yet it's being preemptively debunked as a hoax by "science": Live Science (http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/080423-bad-phoenix-lights.html?loc=interstitialskip)

By sheer coincidence, the "rational" explanation always turns out to be a lone prankster, a crazed gunman, just a handful of hijackers. Sounds great if you believe in coincidence theory.

The guy's neighbor saw him do it. The simplest explanation is usually the best.

DubiousComforts
24-Apr-2008, 03:01 PM
The guy's neighbor saw him do it. The simplest explanation is usually the best.
Because everything in life is simple.

So an unidentified neighbor is quoted as seeing an unidentified prankster pull this prank? How convenient!

Marie
24-Apr-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm kinda confused guys.... wouldn't helium balloon lifted road flares just floated away on the prevailing winds? These were flying in formation.

M_

MikePizzoff
24-Apr-2008, 11:32 PM
Hoax? Can someone link me to what is being said about these lights? I saw the video and it sure as hell didn't look like any hoax I've ever seen...

I'm not thinking the lights are UFO's... I mean, it's possible, I'm definitely not ruling out UFO because anyone who thinks we're alone in this universe is foolish... but I'm thinking they're probably some top-secret government aircraft.

MaximusIncredulous
24-Apr-2008, 11:55 PM

Worked for me. Your browser might be blocking certain scripts needed for the video to play.

DubiousComforts
25-Apr-2008, 02:39 AM
but I'm thinking they're probably some top-secret government aircraft.
Bingo.

MaximusIncredulous
25-Apr-2008, 05:20 AM
... but I'm thinking they're probably some top-secret government aircraft.

Or time travelers. :book:

MikePizzoff
25-Apr-2008, 05:40 AM
Or time travelers. :book:

If my calculations are correct... once this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh1t.

Publius
28-Apr-2008, 02:14 PM
Because everything in life is simple.

No, but simple things require fewer assumptions than complicated things. Occam's Razor.

So an unidentified neighbor is quoted as seeing an unidentified prankster pull this prank? How convenient!

No, the neighbor was IDENTIFIED. The prankster didn't want his name released, because HE is the one who is likely to get in trouble for the stunt (with the FAA for interfering with air traffic, if nothing else).

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2008, 12:31 PM
I've figured out what this was....a broken xbox 360 launched in the air pre-gta4's release...