PDA

View Full Version : Bear from the movie Semi Pro kills trainer

Terran
24-Apr-2008, 12:09 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04/24/2225891.htm?section=entertainment

Heres a little blurb....theres more info in the article.....pretty crazy...Bears creep me out...

A grizzly bear featured in Will Ferrell film's Semi-Pro has killed its handler, but officials say they are puzzled by what provoked the attack.

The bear bit Stephan Miller, 39, in the neck on Tuesday (local time).

The incident occurred at a facility where wild animals are trained for film and TV productions near the mountain resort of Big Bear Lake, east of Los Angeles.

Two other trainers at the facility, called Randy Miller's Predators in Action, subdued the bear with pepper spray and were unhurt in the incident, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Arden Wiltshire said.

The enclosed compound and the bear - a five-year-old male named Rocky - were examined afterward by wardens of the California state Fish and Game Department. Spokesman Harry Morse says the wardens found no permit violations or danger to public safety.

Authorities say that assuming no wrongdoing turns up in their investigation, it will be left up to the owners of the bear to decide whether to destroy it or keep it alive.

Ms Wiltshire said the attack occurred during a training session being videotaped.

3pidemiC
24-Apr-2008, 05:51 AM
Sad.

Grizzly Man: Part II - Bears Revenge

Danny
24-Apr-2008, 01:01 PM
Sad.

Grizzly Man: Part II - Bears Revenge

you beat me to it dude, you beat me to it :lol:

slickwilly13
24-Apr-2008, 04:24 PM
For some reason I thought it was Bart the bear at first. I am waiting on the day that he actually eats someone.

bassman
24-Apr-2008, 05:35 PM
That sucks. Too bad the bear didn't get Will Ferrell.

Man did Semi Pro suck....

:barf:

MaximusIncredulous
24-Apr-2008, 11:58 PM
For some reason I thought it was Bart the bear at first. I am waiting on the day that he actually eats someone.

Will be a long wait, Bart passed on back in 2000.

http://members.tripod.com/bartbear/index.htm