PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed You! Black Emperor

_liam_
24-Apr-2008, 05:13 PM
Anyone listen to these guys? I recently got F♯A♯∞, and suffice to say it has blown my balls through the top of my head, I recommend anyone who likes apocalyptic sounding instrumental rock to give it a go.

One of their songs plays during the initial empty street sequence in 28 days later, and apparently Boyle scripted scenes & sequences to fit tracks from the album, which he was heavily influenced by at the time.

So aye, it's well worth a go, although there are very few human voices on it, you very much get the impression that this is an album about the end of civilisation & the wilderness that lies beyond, it's sometimes a bit ponderous, but on the whole very gripping stuff - I defy your mind to not fill with images of empty, desolate streets while you listen to it

capncnut
24-Apr-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah man, s**t hot group. Really progressive and interesting. Yanqui U.X.O. is an absolutely stunning album. :cool:

Danny
24-Apr-2008, 07:59 PM
aye ,aint ehard owt about em ina good while but still occaisionally dig there stuff.

MikePizzoff
24-Apr-2008, 11:36 PM
I always assumed this band was just some lame hipster band attempting to play math influenced grind. I don't know why I was so quick to judge, perhaps because of their fan base around here?

I never knew that was them in the beginning of 28 Days Later.

_liam_
25-Apr-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah I remember them coming up in Napster searches for Emperor tunes back when I was a teenager :D I dismissed them because the name is a tad fruity and yep, their fans put me off.

But aye, good stuff, one of the few bands that does 10+ minute tracks that I don't want to strangle