PDA

View Full Version : Austrian father who locked up & abused his daughter for 24 years!

capncnut
27-Apr-2008, 09:27 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL2727651520080427

The two oldest children, aged 18 and 19, and the youngest aged 5, had been locked up with their mother since birth and had never seen sunlight or received any education, police said.

:dead:

Danny
27-Apr-2008, 09:55 PM
waht the ****, what the fucccccck.

thats friggin terrifying.

Craig
27-Apr-2008, 10:48 PM
Saw this on the news earlier, it's screwed up. Though we seem to hear about these sort of things on a regular basis so it's not like I'm completely schocked.

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2008, 10:48 AM
Some people are f*cking ridiculously messed up! :eek::eek:

Neil
28-Apr-2008, 10:58 AM
This is just unbelievable! How did his wife not suspect?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3831256.ece
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7370285.stm

The daughter must be absolutely insane after so much time locked away! Surely!

Imagine if the father had died, or been put in hospital for a good period! His daughter, and the kids down there, would have just starved!

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 04:57 PM
I've been seeing dribs and drabs and first pictures from inside the basement and geez, it just gets more f*cked up everytime you think about it. My Mum refuses to even watch anything about it on the news cos it's so messed up.

They even mentioned on the lunchtime news today about how someone was saying basically 'what the hell is wrong with us, not noticing these cases of people imprisoned for years right next door' ... damn straight.

How messed up that must be to live next to for 24 years and then find out ... mind you, nowhere near as messed up as living it! :eek:

It's literally incomprehensible. :(

Neil
29-Apr-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm surprised there's no mention of the children down there potentially being molested as well. If he's willing to rape his own daughter, why not his grandchildren?

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2008, 05:08 PM
hot...pictures and video would be nice....

lol...I'm so, so sorry about that....I was so seriously joking....!!!

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 06:55 PM
Blimey X...aye I know, it's good to use humour to diffuse the impact of f*cked up crap in the world, but even some things are so messed up it's tough to attach any kind of terror-reducing humour to them...anyway...

I'm still absolutely baffled as to why and how on earth did that sick bastard's old lady not know what was going on. I mean yeah it's a basement with locks and stuff, but it's just under their house, you can't sound proof it that much, and how on earth did he construct that whole place down there without his wife knowing, without the neighbours getting at least a little bit nosey ... I wouldn't be surprised if the old lady is lying, or maybe she's just intensely oblivious to anything.

Sooo ... sooo messed up. :eek:

Chic Freak
01-May-2008, 11:03 AM
The daughter must be absolutely insane after so much time locked away! Surely!

There is a very famous case of "Genie", a little girl who was similarly locked away in a single, grey little room until she was 12 or 13 by her nutty parents. The lack of mental stimulation during her development resulted in intellectual underdevelopment (brain scans showed that her brain was actually smaller than it should have been- I've seen copies of the scans and her brain looked really small and shrivelled up). Her vocablary was almost non-existent, almost all she could say were things in reaction to abuse, such as "no more" :(

There is a Wikipedia entry on it here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_%28feral_child%29). Brace yourself before you read it, it's a heart-breaking story. I watched a TV documentary about her in A Level Psychology, so there might well be footage of her on Youtube too. She not only spoke strangely but had other idiosyncracies such as a peculiar walk and other movements as well, and at age 13 she still did not know how to smile :(

MinionZombie
01-May-2008, 11:52 AM
Some people are twisted beyond belief that they could ever do that to another person, especially children.

What wigs me out further is that they're saying they had a birthday party for the 12 year old ... kinda messed up when you think about, celebrating the day that the kid was born to his mother who was raped by his grandfather, who is her father, while she was imprisoned in the basement for a quarter century.

What is also exceptionally baffling is how on earth did this guy manage to build all that down there without anybody knowing. There was a basement, but he seems to have constructed a secret sound-proof room, and then built further rooms beyond that - how the hell did he manage all this. It had lighting and a bathroom, like an underground house - there was a door that was sealed with a code ... how on earth did all that happen, how did she not manage to escape at some point during those 24 years ... I guess he quickly locked the door behind him, ugh ... doesn't bear thinking about ... I'm off to stroll through cheerier pastures of thought...:eek:

Neil
01-May-2008, 11:59 AM
There is a very famous case of "Genie", a little girl who was similarly locked away in a single, grey little room until she was 12 or 13 by her nutty parents. The lack of mental stimulation during her development resulted in intellectual underdevelopment (brain scans showed that her brain was actually smaller than it should have been- I've seen copies of the scans and her brain looked really small and shrivelled up). Her vocablary was almost non-existent, almost all she could say were things in reaction to abuse, such as "no more" :(

There is a Wikipedia entry on it here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_%28feral_child%29). Brace yourself before you read it, it's a heart-breaking story. I watched a TV documentary about her in A Level Psychology, so there might well be footage of her on Youtube too. She not only spoke strangely but had other idiosyncracies such as a peculiar walk and other movements as well, and at age 13 she still did not know how to smile :(
I'll swear I remember seeing something about that? Some people who looked after her were not given anymore funding and had to see her taking away and basically put in a 'home' far less beneficial to her recovery... Very sad!

Chic Freak
01-May-2008, 12:17 PM
how did she not manage to escape at some point during those 24 years ... I guess he quickly locked the door behind him, ugh ... doesn't bear thinking about ...

Maybe she was too scared of him, maybe she felt she couldn't escape with all the children with her and was afraid he'd kill them or something if she wasn't there to protect them, maybe she was in love with him (it's called somebody's Syndrome... where the captive falls in love with their captor) and he threatened to commit suicide if she left or something. Could be all sorts of things.

I'll swear I remember seeing something about that? Some people who looked after her were not given anymore funding and had to see her taking away and basically put in a 'home' far less beneficial to her recovery... Very sad!

Yeah, that's the one. Her parents spectacularly failed her, and then the system pretty much failed her after that.

Neil
01-May-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah, that's the one. Her parents spectacularly failed her, and then the system pretty much failed her after that.

Well, hopefully she not enough 'with it' to realise this...

I bet she's just in a 'home' with general 'nut-jobs' now :(

Publius
01-May-2008, 02:01 PM
Maybe she was too scared of him, maybe she felt she couldn't escape with all the children with her and was afraid he'd kill them or something if she wasn't there to protect them, maybe she was in love with him (it's called somebody's Syndrome... where the captive falls in love with their captor) and he threatened to commit suicide if she left or something. Could be all sorts of things.

Stockholm Syndrome. From a bank robbery in Stockholm, Sweden in the '70s, where the hostages started to sympathize with the robbers.

Neil
01-May-2008, 02:22 PM
Stockholm Syndrome. From a bank robbery in Stockholm, Sweden in the '70s, where the hostages started to sympathize with the robbers.

I cannot see that quote now without thinking back to the classic use of it in 'Die Hard'... :)

SymphonicX
01-May-2008, 03:19 PM
Blimey X...aye I know, it's good to use humour to diffuse the impact of f*cked up crap in the world, but even some things are so messed up it's tough to attach any kind of terror-reducing humour to them...anyway...

I know, well below the belt....but I was the one making Princess Diana jokes on the day she died...I'm just the worst kind of person :lol:

nah I'm not that harsh really, I just thought of that and couldn't stop smiling to myself....bloody EVIL comment!!!