PDA

View Full Version : This looks like it will suck...

MontagMOI
29-Apr-2008, 01:07 PM
Anyone who has seen Avatar Comics' 'Living Dead' stuff will know this is going to end in tears...

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=6417

Mike70
29-Apr-2008, 08:46 PM
Anyone who has seen Avatar Comics' 'Living Dead' stuff will know this is going to end in tears...

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=6417

ok i haven't broken out a pic in awhile but news of hack master general john russo about to fire up another movie demands a special one

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/cromandmitra.jpg?t=1209501951

i predict this movie will suck in ways that vanessa del rio would be jealous of.

dracenstein
19-May-2008, 09:22 PM
Set in 1971?

Why?

clanglee
22-May-2008, 03:34 AM
i predict this movie will suck in ways that vanessa del rio would be jealous of.

Ahhhh Vanessa Del Rio. . . . you have dated yourself Scip.

DrSiN
23-May-2008, 04:55 AM
The comic isn't horrible, it's just not that good. I can't believe Tony Todd is doing it. My only guess is that Tony really likes zombies since I figure "Chuck" would be keeping him busy.

MontagMOI
29-May-2008, 06:03 PM
The comic isn't horrible, it's just not that good. I can't believe Tony Todd is doing it. My only guess is that Tony really likes zombies since I figure "Chuck" would be keeping him busy.

Avatar are the Troma of the comics world. Poor characterisation, bad storytelling, dialogue and art. The total opposite of The Walking Dead.

AcesandEights
02-Jun-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm pretty sure I've never read any of the Avatar "Living Dead" comics in question (some of these low cal/low qual. books blend together), but the prospects for the film being anything other than dreck don't look too good, based on what little I've been able to find out.

Danny
02-Jun-2008, 06:49 PM
GRRR!, just the mention of avatar press gets the fanboy comic nerd blood in me a-boiling.

EVERY-****ING-ONE of there comics is demeaning, especially to women, its like there number 1 thing to achieve in each comic book , on there to do list, is "PUT SOME BIG TITTIES IN IT!"

its immature garbage which is just breasts and arses in various states of undress in varying plots.

now i can appreciate the beauty of the female form as much as the next guy but its so ****ing cheap, its like how you know itll be a **** horror film if theres sex in the first 10 minutes yknow?, its cheap, the women in ANY avatar comic is just there as an object of the male gaze adn it pisses me off to no end.

clanglee
03-Jun-2008, 03:48 AM
GRRR!, just the mention of avatar press gets the fanboy comic nerd blood in me a-boiling.

EVERY-****ING-ONE of there comics is demeaning, especially to women, its like there number 1 thing to achieve in each comic book , on there to do list, is "PUT SOME BIG TITTIES IN IT!"

its immature garbage which is just breasts and arses in various states of undress in varying plots.

now i can appreciate the beauty of the female form as much as the next guy but its so ****ing cheap, its like how you know itll be a **** horror film if theres sex in the first 10 minutes yknow?, its cheap, the women in ANY avatar comic is just there as an object of the male gaze adn it pisses me off to no end.

I hear ya and somewhat agree, with the exeption of Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal does the exact same thing, and yet I love it. Maybe its got my repect because its been around so long. Who knows?

AcesandEights
03-Jun-2008, 05:23 AM
BIG TITTIES

Pardon?

Danny
03-Jun-2008, 06:12 AM
I hear ya and somewhat agree, with the exeption of Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal does the exact same thing, and yet I love it. Maybe its got my repect because its been around so long. Who knows?

now, see , i love heavy metal too, but i think thats because heavy metal in no way takes itself seriously, its just mindless "radassness" in celluloid form.

clanglee
04-Jun-2008, 11:01 PM
in celluloid form.

Or on paper!!:D