PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a fan of Gordon Ramsay?

axlish
30-Apr-2008, 01:51 PM
Just curious really. I enjoy all of his shows on both sides of the pond. If I had to put them in order it would be...

1. Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares
2. The F Word
3. Hell's Kitchen
4. Kitchen Nightmares

I haven't seen Cookalong live yet, though. It isn't airing in the States just yet.

Anyone else love or hate the guy?

Neil
30-Apr-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeh! Good 'car crash' telly...

Some of the restaurants are unbelievable!

axlish
30-Apr-2008, 02:21 PM
More unbelievable are the delusional owners/managers. I do think he gives a harder time to the stateside folks :)

Mike70
30-Apr-2008, 02:37 PM
yeah i like watching him blowup on people. some of the things he says to customers in hell's kitchen are hilarious (though probably somewhat staged) and the insults he throws around at both the contestants in hell's kitchen and delusional chefs/owners in kitchen nightmares are inventive and entertaining.

sometimes in hell's kitchen he reminds me of gunnery sgt. hartmann from full metal jacket.

hilarious television and probably, along with top chef, the only "reality" series worth watching - though i am not liking this season of hell's kitchen so much, the contestants are rather, uh, hapless and cartoonish.

axlish
30-Apr-2008, 03:14 PM
I am having a hard time finding someone to root for in this season of Hell's Kitchen. I believe that they cast the show with hatable characters so that Gordon has ample reason to tear them a new rear end. As of now, the large black fellow or Cory on the girls team are the only capable human beings, much less chefs. I cannot stand that black lady, acting like people are stupid because they nominated her of all people. Her arrogance is sickening.

capncnut
30-Apr-2008, 04:00 PM
I like it when some contestant says, "My Paella is from a family recipe and is much respected back in my home town". And when ol' Ramsay tastes it he's like, "I wouldn't serve that to a f**king pig!" He just cracks me up. :lol:

I prefer Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall. He's not abrasive like Ramsay but damn, is that River Cottage show watchable.

Mike70
30-Apr-2008, 04:49 PM
I am having a hard time finding someone to root for in this season of Hell's Kitchen. I believe that they cast the show with hatable characters so that Gordon has ample reason to tear them a new rear end. As of now, the large black fellow or Cory on the girls team are the only capable human beings, much less chefs. I cannot stand that black lady, acting like people are stupid because they nominated her of all people. Her arrogance is sickening.

ugh, the black chick. she is as annoying as anyone i've ever seen on tv. i am really sickened by her. she seems to be under some delusion that leadership equates to being loud and obnoxious. it seems like she was cast to the stereotype of the sassy black chick. well she isn't coming across as sassy, merely abrasive and ignorant.

slickwilly13
30-Apr-2008, 06:21 PM
He cracks me up, but I could never work under him. I'm too much of an alpha and a hot-head. If he blew up on me we would end up fighting.

ZombieGrrL
01-May-2008, 07:48 AM
Yes! I love his shows! He knows when to show respect to someone if they deserve it and give it to someone who doesn't. I love it when he tells off the diners in Hells Kitchen too!

He seems so frightening at times, but on The F Word is so delicate & loving when interacting with his children. It's great seeing both sides of his personality.

That looks like a dogs dinner!

SymphonicX
01-May-2008, 06:20 PM
can't stand him, not at all....he's the anthesis of being a productive and constructive human being, I resent that he gets money for belittling people, even if they deserve it somewhat.

DawnGirl27
18-Oct-2008, 10:01 PM
I like him - I got my husband into watching Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. We joke around with our favorite 'Ramsay raves' from Hell's Kitchen, like 'Josh, you stupid donkey! You can't cook!' :lol: He seems like he's about to pop a blood vessel at the most intense times, and I admit, he'd make me cry, I think...He gives praise when deserved, albeit rarely, but I think the reason we keep watching is to see him lay into someone.
Kitchen Nightmares scares me - how many restaurants have I eaten at with problems like that? Don't even want to think about it, actually. :eek:
Is he respected in the UK as a chef, and furthermore, a person?

Danny
19-Oct-2008, 01:22 AM
No i'm not.

Bub666
19-Oct-2008, 02:16 AM
I watch Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares,those are both great shows.I love it when he yells at everyone.

capncnut
20-Oct-2008, 12:39 AM
Is he respected in the UK as a chef, and furthermore, a person?
Yup. Has a string of restaurants in the UK and is regularly interviewed on talk shows.

lewis
20-Oct-2008, 07:28 AM
Yeah, ramsays a legend lol. He grills people because they deserve it, he's had much worse done to him when he was training e.g. he had a whole dish of lasagne thrown at his head by Marco Pierre White (one of the best chefs in the world) before, just because he thought it "wasn't up to standard". And for the people who think they'd just smack ramsay if they spoke to him like he does to crap chefs..he's a big guy, 6'2 and about 200 pounds. He also used to box :D. I reccomend his autobiography aswell, it's pretty decent.

Debbieangel
01-Nov-2009, 11:57 PM
I am watching a rerun of "Hell's Kitchen" and am wondering who all likes Chef Ramsay? who hates him?
I think he is amazing...I love the way he blasts the chefs in the kitchen!
Has anyone ever gone to his restaurants?
I really would like to know what our friends in the UK think of him?

capncnut
02-Nov-2009, 12:07 AM
Threads merged (again).

Actually I sent you the URL to this thread before you posted. Tut-tut.

Yeah, I do like Ramsay but his reputation in the UK is slowly declining due to his 'stories' about being a footballer for Rangers and the fact that he cheated on his wife. I still like him but I think his ex-schoolmate sums him up better as 'Billy Bullshitter'.

Debbieangel
02-Nov-2009, 12:14 AM
Sorry....my bad!
I misunderstood what you said! Blonde moment!;)

capncnut
02-Nov-2009, 12:18 AM
Blonde moment!;)
Grey moment. ;)

axlish
02-Nov-2009, 01:50 AM
I didn't know that he cheated on his wife. L.A. man, eager beautiful women everywhere.

Tricky
02-Nov-2009, 08:25 AM
I think he's a twat, and his face looks like a scrotum, definitely couldnt work under someone like him!

capncnut
02-Nov-2009, 11:56 AM
I think he's a twat, and his face looks like a scrotum, definitely couldnt work under someone like him!
Oh, there's no doubt his face looks like a second hand voodoo doll. :D

krakenslayer
02-Nov-2009, 12:37 PM
Ramsay's a mashed-potato-faced dick of the first order. He's a bad person and a cunt. I wouldn't eat in his restaurant if he paid me.

mista_mo
02-Nov-2009, 12:48 PM
I would never work under him, as I do not respond well to insults or belittling, and would very much tell him to take a good long drag on my fire pole before I listened to a thing he said.

There is a point where he just steps over the line that most bosses should have (if they get frustrated, don't scream at someone, show them a better way of doing the job, or try and motivate using softer words) and steps right into complete "head inserted deep into anus" rage. Seriously, that is not how you fucking motivate people, and get them to work harder or smarter. It just creates totally unnecessary conflict, and leads to the build up of resentment and anger that is directed at the person that is tossing around the insults. Employees aren't going to respond well if you sit there and scream at them.

Maybe it is different, who knows. I know working in kitchens can be incredibly hectic, and you gotta be both fast and efficient in your work, but c'mon, that behaviour is totally uncalled for.