PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight trailer

Neil
04-May-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

capncnut
04-May-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to this but that trailer was a little underwhelming I thought. Had some cool moments but it was all the glitzy 'whoosh and bang' as usual with no real grit.

DjfunkmasterG
05-May-2008, 09:27 AM
I agree.... the previous extended trailer was much better

MinionZombie
05-May-2008, 10:44 AM
I agree.... the previous extended trailer was much better
Further agreement.

This trailer seems to be more aimed at the scale of the action. However, it's gonna be an awesome movie. Me and the lads were talking about it last night during the Iron Man credits (so we could see the scene afterwards) and aye, we'll all definitely be seeing it in cinemas.

Same goes for Indy 4.

bassman
05-May-2008, 01:23 PM
I think I prefer the previous trailer as well. Not that this is a bad trailer. Being the bat-nerd that I am, it was still a thrill to see it on the big screen before Iron Man. Cool to see a (sorta) brief climpse of Two Face, too.

I'm still amazed with every new little piece of Ledger's performance that we get. Sure to be a great character.

AcesandEights
05-May-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm going to try and hold off on seeing anymore trailers and flick if any commercials come on. I want to eek as much enjoyment out of this movie as possible.

capncnut
05-May-2008, 04:43 PM
Same goes for Indy 4.
DR JONES!!! You slahhhggg! :D

bassman
06-May-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/images//reel/darkknight/tdk_trl3_20080504/tdk_trl3_20080504_110.jpg

Anyone interested in seeing concept art of what the other side of that face will look like....clicky (http://joblo.com/two-face-revealed).

bassman
13-Jun-2008, 04:08 PM
New trailer. Some stuff from the previous trailers and some new stuff. More dialoge than the last and more action, as well.

65zKQYpjpiE&hl=en

I swear, I can't f*cking wait to see this film. I'm more excited about this than the birth of my child.:lol: Not really.....but i'm really excited.

mista_mo
13-Jun-2008, 04:46 PM
He seems to have a lips in the film.

AcesandEights
13-Jun-2008, 04:54 PM
He seems to have a lips in the film.

Yeah, I think you're right. In some of the scenes he really did sound as though he might have a lisp or some other sort of problem speaking.

MinionZombie
13-Jun-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I think you're right. In some of the scenes he really did sound as though he might have a lisp or some other sort of problem speaking.
Well you would too probably if your face had been all mashed up, especially around the mouth...but I didn't detect much of a lisp, so I don't really know what you lot are on about. :D

Bassman - ditto dude. I think The Dark Knight will be my movie of 2008, I'm seriously f*cking hot to trot for it, especially after re-watching Batman Begins (F*CKING AWESOME!), I was so ready to see Dark Knight right at the end of BB when he turns the playing card over to reveal the Joker.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude this movie looks so f*cking good, and when the music chimes in with the title ... ahhhhh MATE! :)

Mike70
13-Jun-2008, 05:56 PM
that looks flat out awesome.

having just watched batman begins for the first time a month or so ago (long story - had the movie forever but something always seemed to get in the way of watching it) i am really looking forward to seeing this.

bassman
13-Jun-2008, 07:56 PM

Yeah....I love what Ledger did with his voice. It goes from a low growl to a high pitched hyena type sound. Like "Where is Harvey Dent?!? I'll settle for his loved oneee!" LOVE IT.:hyper:

I'm anxious to see what takes actually made it into the film. If you go through and listen to his voice in the same scenes in all the different trailers and clips, alot of them are different takes and his voice is totally different.

MinionZombie
13-Jun-2008, 09:36 PM
If you go through and listen to his voice in the same scenes in all the different trailers and clips, alot of them are different takes and his voice is totally different.

Methinks you're the only one who's done that and has noticed ... cos you're, to coin a hellsing-favourite-phrase, third-floor-flaming for TDK. :D

But you know what, so am I. :p

Danny
14-Jun-2008, 12:57 AM
i really hate bales voice as batman, he sounds like a 12 year olds idea of what a "tough guy" sounds like, that said he does pull of the best batman, but i never really see him as bruce wayne when hes out of the bat suit yknow?

Ive kinda gotten sick of the hype for this to the point im just ignoring it and going to watch the damn movie when it finally comes out and enjoy it, id ont need to see more cockbait ads, there just kinda annoying by now.

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2008, 10:43 AM
Here comes hellsing, wading in with his jaded boots again...:rolleyes::lol::D

mista_mo
14-Jun-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree with hellsing very much tbh. I'm seeing it once when it comes out not the gazzillions of other times alot of people are going to. Why pay more for it when i can view a cam of it on-line?

As much as I love movies, a part of me really really really REALLY hope that the movie is a pile of s*it.

Because Batman is the worst, the WORST bar NONE "super (how is he super again?) hero" EVER.

The pure amount of fan wanking that goes off over him is incredible. like jesus, the guy kicked darkseid in the mouth and made him bleed.

ARGFHGHEHJADFH, I am diverting the course of this topic. System restore initiated; point of return: 10 minutes ago.....Sys Res. Processed.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Data boot initiated.

I agree with hellsing very much tbh. I'm seeing it once when it comes out not the gazzillions of other times alot of people are going to. Why pay more for it when i can view a cam of it on-line?

Danny
14-Jun-2008, 04:03 PM
Here comes hellsing, wading in with his jaded boots again...:rolleyes::lol::D

Folks call me the walker. I travel across this pop culture wasteland, spreading dissension and apathy as i go. Some insist i am a dream, others, a nightmare.
no one knows were i will appear next, my arrival is only foretold by the braying of horses and a ghostly wind sweeping on through.
You wont be prepared when i arrive, and will be left quaking pale shades of your former selves when i am gone.

i am the walker, and i think this topic is overrated....

bassman
16-Jun-2008, 12:25 PM
Because Batman is the worst, the WORST bar NONE "super (how is he super again?) hero" EVER.

That's because he's not a superhero. ;)

Danny
16-Jun-2008, 01:45 PM
That's because he's not a superhero. ;)

He's the worlds greatest detective. ;)

AcesandEights
16-Jun-2008, 02:11 PM
He's the worlds greatest detective. ;)

*Ding, Ding, Ding*

Nostalgia points for Hellsing! Now that's an angle I wish the new series of films would play up just a little more.

Now, I think this movie will rock, much like Batman Begins did, but I think DC needs to stop going to this well for awhile and see if they can launch a few of their other heroes into successful film franchises. Superman was kind of meh for me and Batman is their established heavy hitter at the cinema, so it'd be nice to see something fresh form their camp.

Maybe the Watchmen will do well, but they're not even exemplars of the DC superhero tradition.

Yup, gettin' a little tired of the rise and fall of the successive Bat franchises...then again, I'd trade it al for a Marshal Law :D Kingdom of the Blind, anyone? Now there's a lampooning of comic book films I'd love to see.

Danny
16-Jun-2008, 04:27 PM
*Ding, Ding, Ding*

Nostalgia points for Hellsing! Now that's an angle I wish the new series of films would play up just a little more.

Now, I think this movie will rock, much like Batman Begins did, but I think DC needs to stop going to this well for awhile and see if they can launch a few of their other heroes into successful film franchises. Superman was kind of meh for me and Batman is their established heavy hitter at the cinema, so it'd be nice to see something fresh form their camp.

Maybe the Watchmen will do well, but they're not even exemplars of the DC superhero tradition.

Yup, gettin' a little tired of the rise and fall of the successive Bat franchises...then again, I'd trade it al for a Marshal Law :D Kingdom of the Blind, anyone? Now there's a lampooning of comic book films I'd love to see.

martial law?, samo like a mutha****aaa! :lol:

i love to see the green latern trliogy done on film, the origin of hal jordan and the parralax saga, then the sinestro corps, then in blackest night.

bassman
16-Jun-2008, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing other DC characters's get their own film treatment....but in most cases it would probably turn out like The Justice League project that almost came to be. If you heard anything about that, I'm sure you would agree that in most cases it's best to just leave it alone.

As for TDK and batman's detective work, I've read that we'll see alot more of that in this film. In fact, Superherohype put up a set report that says they watched a scene between Batman and Gordon in a bank vault that had already been raided by Joker and his goons and the batman is checking it out(don't know how that will work if it's during the day time...). And for the amount of content they crammed into Batman Begins, I thought it had a good bit of the detective side of the character. There's room to add to it now...

AcesandEights
16-Jun-2008, 10:56 PM
martial law?, samo like a mutha****aaa!
No, muthaf@*#%ing Marshal Law ;)

http://i2.tinypic.com/4tppcb7.jpg

Danny
17-Jun-2008, 09:49 AM
lol, that looks like a nazi judge dredd.

bassman
17-Jun-2008, 06:48 PM
"HALF" (http://www.whysoserious.com/myhero/)

:hyper:

AcesandEights
17-Jun-2008, 10:45 PM
"HALF" (http://www.whysoserious.com/myhero/)

:hyper:

That was pretty badass.

bassman
24-Jun-2008, 12:35 PM
"ohhh....very poor choice of words"

n4BjTDvJ6wQ&hl=en

I just don't think I can make it a few more weeks. I'm bout to 'splode.:hyper:

bassman
25-Jun-2008, 04:07 PM
The first review? http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37214

It's pretty much spoiler-free if you've seen the trailers and put the ideas together. Just a few little spoilers here and there but nothing that ruins the film at all.

Overall, he says its "GREAT!".:D

EDIT: It must be real. More are starting to surface. HERE (http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/16155928/review/21477208/the_dark_knight) is Rolling Stone's review and there's more out there if anyone's interested. So far everyone's giving it 3/4, 9.5/10, etc. Looks like all the hype wasn't for a let down, but we'll see.

I'm going to get my IMAX 12:01am tickets tonight.:hyper:

Neil
26-Jun-2008, 10:40 AM
Rolling Stone reviews it... And loves it...

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/16155928/review/21477208/the_dark_knight

AcesandEights
26-Jun-2008, 02:19 PM
Ok, now I have to try and block out all these commercials and any additional trailers, teasers etc. I'm on black out till I see this movie. See you all about this movie after its release. :)

Neil
26-Jun-2008, 03:14 PM
Ok, now I have to try and block out all these commercials and any additional trailers, teasers etc. I'm on black out till I see this movie. See you all about this movie after its release. :)

Why? We all know all the characters die at the end!

YES!!! THEY ALL DIE AT THE END! EVERYONE!
OK! I was joking...

ALL THE CHARACTER ARE ALIVE AT THE END! ALL OF THEM!

capncnut
26-Jun-2008, 05:31 PM
Why? We all know all the characters die at the end!

YES!!! THEY ALL DIE AT THE END! EVERYONE!
OK! I was joking...

ALL THE CHARACTER ARE ALIVE AT THE END! ALL OF THEM!
You're a nutter, mate. :lol: