PDA

View Full Version : Looks interesting...

Legion2213
04-May-2008, 07:01 PM
2KqwQyugwZ4&feature=related

U0_rvtPGwN4

Several of these vids have cropped up on YT, birds attacking soldiers, "intercepted" military feeds with streets full of corpses and stuff...:cool:

iluvc2h5oh
05-May-2008, 04:37 AM
at first glance I was thinking...

..."the andromada strain"....Hollywooded up of course...

Then did some research and was leaning toward "The Crazies"...the more I found the more it seemed like the crazies...there is a clip like those above were an man cuts his own head off with a chainsaw...and there are discriptions of a bio/chemical weapon that kills some, lets others live and drives some to do crazy things like in that clip...

but then I found this out...

The What Happened In Piedmont Website and the Game are administered by an agency on behalf of A&E Television Networks, the sponsor of the Game and owner of The What Happened In Piedmont Website.

So what does A&E have to do with this...this doesnt seem like anything they are going to air....

THe only other thing I can think of is What Happened in Piedmont is run by a parent company of A&E and they are using A&E to misdirect what the ad is really for. To kinda keep the hype brewing....

MinionZombie
05-May-2008, 10:49 AM
Looks like someone is trying to be Cloverfield. :p

MikePizzoff
05-May-2008, 02:59 PM
Looks like someone is trying to be Cloverfield. :p

Hmm... :rockbrow: ?

bassman
05-May-2008, 04:14 PM
I would guess that he's refering to the style of advertising....

DubiousComforts
05-May-2008, 05:09 PM
Hey, I've lost contact with my family and hometown. What should I do? I know... I'll write a blog.

It's impossibly stupid.

MinionZombie
05-May-2008, 06:53 PM
I would guess that he's refering to the style of advertising....
Precisely.

It's trying to be all mysterious with this "what happened..." stuff, meh ... it's been done plenty of times before, leave it alone I say.

Skippy911sc
06-May-2008, 12:12 AM
Wasn't the town of Piedmont in the andromada strain? I saw an ad for a new made for tv show called the andromada strain. I think it could be this.

iluvc2h5oh
06-May-2008, 05:10 AM
that is why I said I thought it was the Andromeda strain...

But the birds and the guy cutting his own head off dont really add up with that....

OF course I didnt hear about the series...Im sure they are making it more "interesting" for todays audience.

MinionZombie
06-May-2008, 10:48 AM
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67646

DEFINITELY new Andromeda Strain. Check out the middle image above "from the makers of" on the cover.

Legion2213
06-May-2008, 01:12 PM
Nicely played all those who called "the andromeda strain" :cool:

I'll have a look at this on Sky when it shows.

MinionZombie
06-May-2008, 07:28 PM
Nicely played all those who called "the andromeda strain" :cool:

I'll have a look at this on Sky when it shows.
Ditto, we've got sky, so I'll get to see it for free. :D