PDA

View Full Version : fetal vaccines

Tied2thetracks
06-May-2008, 04:16 PM
The wife brought this up yesterday, some vacs my kids are supposed to get are made from fetal tissue. I only researched my side of the argument, i don't believe murdered babies should be made into medicine.

I meet with a Dr. wednesday and this will be a topic. Is it child abuse to refuse these shots? I think it is creepy to inject my children with dead babies.

bassman
06-May-2008, 04:19 PM
Which vaccines are you talking about? The ones required for public schools or something?

Tied2thetracks
06-May-2008, 04:36 PM
I think chicken pox, rubela, and mesals were the ones brought up. I am willing to take my chances with these.

I haven't read any hard info on these, just looking for opinions.

Kaos
06-May-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.apologia.com/vaccines/vac_abortion.html

This is a common misconception (pun intended). Some viruses are grown in fetal tissue so that it can be harvested for vaccines. Fetal tissue is not in the vaccine. The article is balanced and is referenced.

It is entirely up to you if you have personal/religious reservations or objections. However, you would be helping the perpetuation of these diseases by opening up their potential vectors. I guess you have to figure what you think is moral.

I can't speak for anyone but me.

Tied2thetracks
06-May-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.apologia.com/vaccines/vac_abortion.html

This is a common misconception (pun intended). Some viruses are grown in fetal tissue so that it can be harvested for vaccines. Fetal tissue is not in the vaccine. The article is balanced and is referenced.

It is entirely up to you if you have personal/religious reservations or objections. However, you would be helping the perpetuation of these diseases by opening up their potential vectors. I guess you have to figure what you think is moral.

I can't speak for anyone but me.

Thanks for the link, it trippled the information I had. I just don't think they have a strong argument comparing it to organ donors. Seems a little slanted against the anti-abortion crowd.

Kaos
07-May-2008, 02:21 AM
Seems a little slanted against the anti-abortion crowd.

Most def, but it kind of covers the bases with the anti-vaccine crowd too.