PDA

View Full Version : Dextor - What a great series...

Neil
07-May-2008, 05:10 PM
Different and great!

http://www.tv.com/dexter/show/62683/episode.html

dmbfanintn
07-May-2008, 06:09 PM
LOVE dexter....My wife and I are religious watchers of the series. I cant wait for season three....

Neil
07-May-2008, 07:02 PM
LOVE dexter....My wife and I are religious watchers of the series. I cant wait for season three....

Wait! You've seen series 2 already? We're still on series 1 here :eek:

MinionZombie
07-May-2008, 07:36 PM
Geez Neil, you're watching it on ITV-1?!

Dear dear, I finished watching season 2 months ago...bless the internet. :)

But aye - awesome show.

bassman
07-May-2008, 08:14 PM
I've heard alot of good things about the show, but never actually seen it on. Seen PLENTY of ads for it between Weeds and Californication(awesome show, btw), but I never actually see it playing.

Might have to set the DVR up to record it and see what all the hoopla is about...

MinionZombie
07-May-2008, 08:16 PM
Just start from the beginning of course, don't be started half-way through a season or some bollocks. Do it properly. :)

Bloody good show though. :cool:

Danny
07-May-2008, 10:34 PM
loved it, if you liked weeds its kinda like that, watched it on fx last year, cant wait for season 2.

Yojimbo
07-May-2008, 11:12 PM
I've heard alot of good things about the show, but never actually seen it on. Seen PLENTY of ads for it between Weeds and Californication(awesome show, btw), but I never actually see it playing.

Might have to set the DVR up to record it and see what all the hoopla is about...

Bassman, you've got to check out Dexter. One of the better series around, bar none.

I agree that you should watch from episode one, though my wife and I jumped from season 2. While we were able to figure out a lot of it (with the help of recaps) but still this would have been more enjoyable in chronological order. A lot of the character development and background will be missing if you go out of order. Just a suggestion!

Neil
08-May-2008, 09:32 AM
Definately... Start from the start!

dmbfanintn
08-May-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah, we are already through season 2 on Showtime here in the states.

Dexter is great, bassman you would love that show!

All of the episodes from both seasons are available to those who are inclined to look for them....:shifty: bt :shifty:

Geophyrd
08-May-2008, 07:54 PM
as a tv series, but the books are better than the show, and even darker. The last one, Dexter in the Dark goes some really hard places. Ok, so let's try this edit again. Hellsing, not sure what Dexter has in common with Weeds, aside from their homes on Showtime. And Neil, there's a sanitized version of Dexter floating around American TV, no cussing, blood, etc. Hope that's NOT the one you're watching.

Neil
13-May-2008, 01:56 PM
as a tv series, but the books are better than the show, and even darker. The last one, Dexter in the Dark goes some really hard places. Ok, so let's try this edit again. Hellsing, not sure what Dexter has in common with Weeds, aside from their homes on Showtime. And Neil, there's a sanitized version of Dexter floating around American TV, no cussing, blood, etc. Hope that's NOT the one you're watching.

How do you not have blood in Dexter :)

Geophyrd
14-May-2008, 01:18 PM
The third book in the series really goes to a very dark place...one I doubt the showtime series will emulate. I don't want to spoilers anything; suffice it to say that Harry's code gets carried to another generation.

Neil
14-May-2008, 01:25 PM
Does the series follow the book(s) well?

Geophyrd
14-May-2008, 03:30 PM
Not really...people die in the books who live in the series and visa versa. The first season was Dearly Devoted Dexter plus more material. The second and third books are, as yet, primarily untapped.

kidgloves
09-Sep-2008, 07:20 PM
*cough*cough* season 3 *cough*cough* preair
:D

Bub666
09-Sep-2008, 09:13 PM
Dextor is a great show.It's one of my favorite shows.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Sep-2008, 11:24 AM

Bassman, if you have ONDEMAND, and Showtime, you can go in and watch the entire series from start to finish.