PDA

View Full Version : Romero's next zombie movie; the return of Bub?

Doc
10-May-2008, 05:30 AM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/george-a-romero-foresees-the-return-of-bub

As much as I love Bub I'd much rather see one of the living characters return.

MinionZombie
10-May-2008, 11:31 AM
Could that be for his comedy zombie script? :shifty:

Of course, Howard Sherman would have to be Bub, he is Bub.

Mind you, it would be nice if GAR got to do another type of film, but if he's happy ... well, then I'm happy.

axlish
10-May-2008, 01:49 PM
This is one case where Rubinstein's control of the Day property is a good thing. Bub is the one thing in Day that even the haters can agree was done well. His story is perfect as-is. Don't F with it.

Mike70
10-May-2008, 01:58 PM
Mind you, it would be nice if GAR got to do another type of film, but if he's happy ... well, then I'm happy.

i keep hoping (against all odds) that his dracula script at ABC will someday get done as a miniseries.

probably won't ever happen though.:(

Doc
11-May-2008, 06:19 PM
I really do think that Romero should either take a break for a little while and let some great movie ideas come to his brain OR make a non-zombie movie. He seems to be just whipping out zombie movie after zombie movie. At this rate his reputation will start to go down the drain because he'll be doing some zombie film every few years. We'll see what happens I guess.

DjfunkmasterG
11-May-2008, 10:31 PM
This is one case where Rubinstein's control of the Day property is a good thing. Bub is the one thing in Day that even the haters can agree was done well. His story is perfect as-is. Don't F with it.

Rubinstein doesn't own DAY... the people behind the day remake, Day 2 contagium, and Crapshow 3 own the property.

axlish
12-May-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm sure there is a limited time on that. He didn't sell Day outright.

AcesandEights
12-May-2008, 03:14 AM
Well, as to whether we'll ever see Bub in a movie again, I can't say for sure, but my gut tells me this won't happen and--if it should transpire--a lot of people will be...unhappy...with the results.

Choas
12-May-2008, 03:38 AM
I would love to see Bub in another movie.If it is done right.

DubiousComforts
12-May-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't see where he's stated that Bub will return. He states that a living character "could be" Bub, in other words, prior to living dead state. It would still be a completely different character.

"Bub" was a nickname and the character was conditioned by Frankenstein, so there is no way it can exist as we know it outside of the original DAY.

bassman
12-May-2008, 11:57 AM
"Bub" was a nickname and the character was conditioned by Frankenstein, so there is no way it can exist as we know it outside of the original DAY.

Sure it can. It could be a small nod to the fans. Like "Machete Zombie" in Land.

AcesandEights
12-May-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't see where he's stated that Bub will return. He states that a living character "could be" Bub, in other words, prior to living dead state. It would still be a completely different character.

Well, I for one, was not speaking to the specific content of the article, but to the premise of the thread. The article is vague and then some. Also, Bassman is right, you never know what people will try and pull off.

DubiousComforts
12-May-2008, 05:03 PM
Sure it can. It could be a small nod to the fans. Like "Machete Zombie" in Land.
That's different. It simply can't be the same zombie character unless it takes place after DAY, post Bub's conditioning by Logan, though this is obviously what everyone will expect given a return of any Dead character.

Personally, I would ignore any comments being posted on some of these "news" sites in their mad scramble to be top dog. As Aces stated, the article is vague which is obviously done on purpose lacking any real information, yet people are already taking Romero's comments way out of context.

capncnut
12-May-2008, 07:47 PM
Personally, I would ignore any comments being posted on some of these "news" sites in their mad scramble to be top dog. As Aces stated, the article is vague which is obviously done on purpose lacking any real information, yet people are already taking Romero's comments way out of context.
I'm with you Dub. I can smell the unmistakable stench of bulls**t here. George is hinting at a Bub-like character, nothing more.