PDA

View Full Version : Diary 2 almost a go!

JohnoftheDead
12-May-2008, 06:55 PM
Here's a couple links that are saying Diary 2 will almost assuredly be happening, & it sounds like it'll be pretty soon!

http://creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=3467

http://www.dreadcentral.com/node/27034

EvilNed
12-May-2008, 08:23 PM
I wasn't to fond of Diary. I'm not really hyped. But sure. Any zombiefilm is worth a chance, at least.

capncnut
12-May-2008, 08:26 PM
Diary was okay but I'm not super psyched for a sequel. To be honest.

Choas
12-May-2008, 08:46 PM
Anything Gar does is worth watching.

Danny
12-May-2008, 08:58 PM
loved diary. should be left stand alone though.

axlish
12-May-2008, 09:26 PM
Loved Diary, a cinematic sequel could be very cool. For some reason I really liked that Texas chic.

3pidemiC
12-May-2008, 09:30 PM
I really enjoyed Diary. I really wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of the story. Just as long as it's not called Diary of the Dead 2. Any form of numbers in a GAR movie title is just plain wrong.

mcurio
13-May-2008, 04:10 AM
It would work if the remaining characters are shot on film normally--not on handheld cameras. Then the 'texas chick' can come back dead to haunt the others. I hated that bitch...:D

clanglee
13-May-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah well, maybe if it's better than Diary. But even if I know it's going to suck I would still go see it. First I would get my hopes up that maybe, just maybe, this one will be good. Then against all of my gut feelings to the contrary, I will go to the theater with high hopes. And then, like with the last 2 GAR movies, I will leave the theater unsatisfied and disappointed. Like I went to watch a hot two girl pole show, and instead got a one-legged midget stripper with a strong political bent.

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2008, 08:32 PM
As someone who liked, scratch that... LOVED Diary, I say Bring on Diary 2. :D

Yojimbo
13-May-2008, 10:16 PM
Anything Gar does is worth watching.

At the risk of sounding fanboyish, I agree that Romero Rules!

loved diary. should be left stand alone though.

Agree with Hellsing. I would rather have another GAR zombie film about a different character group than a pure sequel. Well, I know that DAY is considered a sequel of DOTD which is considered a sequel of NOLD, so if he is to produce a sequel in that vein, then I say go for it, however I do not like the idea of "Diary 2" Frankly, though I really enjoyed Diary, I do not really care for the characters enough to want a whole new movie based around them

AcesandEights
02-Jun-2008, 06:37 PM
Well, I wasn't too crazy about Diary, so I'm not sure how I feel about a sequel. I agree that it would be great if they dropped the hand held daffyness for the sequel.

The only hand held, camera's eye view zombie film I'd like to see would involve the use of multiple clips from news, home movies, blogs and and the like to tell a complete and somewhat detached view of the fall of human civilization, oh and it would have actual production values :shifty: So, close to Diary but without the whingey dialog, the occasional bouts of questionable acting and poor plot and script work :(

Redman6565
02-Jun-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, I wasn't too crazy about Diary, so I'm not sure how I feel about a sequel. I agree that it would be great if they dropped the hand held daffyness for the sequel.

The only hand held, camera's eye view zombie film I'd like to see would involve the use of multiple clips from news, home movies, blogs and and the like to tell a complete and somewhat detached view of the fall of human civilization, oh and it would have actual production values :shifty: So, close to Diary but without the whingey dialog, the occasional bouts of questionable acting and poor plot and script work :(

I agree. Diary was a bad movie with plot holes you could drive planet Earth through. I like the news idea. That would be cool. A guy that drives the news van, the camera man, and the hot news babe on the road reporting it all. That could be fun to watch. I don't think GAR could do worse.

Trin
03-Jun-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah well, maybe if it's better than Diary. But even if I know it's going to suck I would still go see it. First I would get my hopes up that maybe, just maybe, this one will be good. Then against all of my gut feelings to the contrary, I will go to the theater with high hopes. And then, like with the last 2 GAR movies, I will leave the theater unsatisfied and disappointed. Like I went to watch a hot two girl pole show, and instead got a one-legged midget stripper with a strong political bent.I'm laughing so hard right now at how funny this is.

And now I'm crying because it's so true.

And now I'm wondering what movie DJFunkmaster saw that I missed. Is Diary a film that only a filmmaker can love?

AnxietyDilemma
03-Jun-2008, 06:05 PM
I'd rather the sequel to Diary than his original idea of making a direct sequel to Land.

Mike70
03-Jun-2008, 06:09 PM
And then, like with the last 2 GAR movies, I will leave the theater unsatisfied and disappointed. Like I went to watch a hot two girl pole show, and instead got a one-legged midget stripper with a strong political bent.

:lol:that is a classic man for sure.

i really don't care to see a sequel to diary. even though i liked the movie, i think it has some, uh, problems. george do something else for bit - like trying to get the dracula miniseries at ABC revived.

dirtydwarf
04-Jun-2008, 10:28 PM
Hell, I like Diary. I'm in....hopefully this one I can see at the theater....if it is released in any around me...

Trin
05-Jun-2008, 04:02 PM
Like I went to watch a hot two girl pole show, and instead got a one-legged midget stripper with a strong political bent.
Best line ever.

And the town can only support one strip club, so there are no other options. And after that particular club went out of business everyone assumes that strip clubs aren't viable.

Danny
05-Jun-2008, 04:12 PM
I'd rather the sequel to Diary than his original idea of making a direct sequel to Land.

actually id rather see a sequel to land, at the end of diary they released "the death of death" so things must have gone back to normal for them to do so, but land was not really resolved at the end , it was more like the beginning of another story and id rather see that continued than diary.

AcesandEights
05-Jun-2008, 06:47 PM
at the end of diary they released "the death of death" so things must have gone back to normal for them to do so, but land was not really resolved at the end , it was more like the beginning of another story and id rather see that continued than diary.

Well, I wonder about that. They may have had the ability to post it from inside the panic room. Doubtful, but possible.

I mean, it sounded like she was posting with the intent to prove a problem still existed. Unless there was something that was stated by the girl's monologue that leads to believe otherwise.

MoonSylver
05-Jun-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, I wonder about that. They may have had the ability to post it from inside the panic room. Doubtful, but possible.

I mean, it sounded like she was posting with the intent to prove a problem still existed. Unless there was something that was stated by the girl's monologue that leads to believe otherwise.

That was the impression I got as well.

Danny
05-Jun-2008, 11:08 PM

to prove it STILL existed she would have to be disproving that people at the time believed it was over. Which i guess could be construed as a rough beginnings of a plot but still, land was much more ambiguous in its ending. what happened to riley?, hell what about big daddy and his "tribe" of zombies?, did all zombies worldwide do that or were the fiddlers green zombies a unique case from constant interaction, at some level, with the raiders from f.g?

Minerva_Zombi
06-Jun-2008, 03:40 AM
i say a sequel to land or diary would be just fine with me. land felt unfinished to me. diary definatly has room for more. i loved both films. so... whatever. diary was a great film by the way.

Mikey
16-Jun-2008, 10:45 PM
Unless George let's someone else write the film, I don't know if I'll even go. I was utterly disappointed and HATED the characters in this film.

SgtSteve
18-Jun-2008, 07:30 PM
instead got a one-legged midget stripper with a strong political bent.

HEY!!!!!!

Her name is Sheela.

Legion2213
18-Jun-2008, 10:05 PM
what happened to riley?

Don't care.

hell what about big daddy and his "tribe" of zombies?

Don't care.

The only character who I was able to muster any feelings about was Cholo.

GAR needs to chill out and do nothing for a few years, maybe get some inspiration and bring us the zombie movie we deserve....no social commentary, no smart zombies, just an honest to goodness zombie apocalypse.....thousands of them on screen at a time, pure motorized instinct, desperate survivors fighting a losing battle etc.

mista_mo
18-Jun-2008, 10:11 PM
Texas chick needed to get naked.

I was severely disappointed by the lack of tits.

sandrock74
19-Jun-2008, 12:51 AM
"Texas chick needed to get naked.

I was severely disappointed by the lack of tits."

Please, gentlemen, we are all adults here and there are ladies present. Let's refer to tits as God intended us to...boobies! LOL

Dillinger
19-Jun-2008, 06:44 AM
All I can say is, I hope it's better than the first. Then again, the idea for both Diary and Land sounded awesome on paper, but failed in execution. I hope Romero takes time and gives us a movie with a complete script and characters that aren't lifted straight from Dawson's Creek.

Trin
19-Jun-2008, 07:11 AM
GAR needs to chill out and do nothing for a few years, maybe get some inspiration and bring us the zombie movie we deserve....no social commentary, no smart zombies, just an honest to goodness zombie apocalypse.....thousands of them on screen at a time, pure motorized instinct, desperate survivors fighting a losing battle etc.
Amen to that!!! Wouldn't that be great??

jim102016
19-Jun-2008, 07:08 PM

Have to agree, the biggest disappointment was the departure of the so-called "Texas Chick".

Why GAR would want to make a sequel to this movie I'll never know. I agree that he should take some time to re-examine the past and figure out where the hell he's going before he makes any more movies. Personally, I'd rather see a whole new dead movie....without any teenagers, hand-held cameras, or any other trendy bull****. Maybe he and John Carpenter can attend an old school film-making seminar to figure out how to make good movies again. I've been very disappointed with both in recent years, but maybe (just maybe) they'd make a good pair if they'd get their acts together. Just wishful thinking I'm sure...time for another beer.

Mike70
19-Jun-2008, 07:26 PM
even though i liked diary despite its flaws i have no real desire to see george do yet another zombie movie. the man seems to be on the edge of self parody and that is not a good thing.

we all know george can make good films outside of the zombie genre, i say it is high time for him to do something else for a bit.

bassman
19-Jun-2008, 07:51 PM
even though i liked diary despite its flaws i have no real desire to see george do yet another zombie movie. the man seems to be on the edge of self parody and that is not a good thing.

we all know george can make good films outside of the zombie genre, i say it is high time for him to do something else for a bit.

A comedy. I would love to see a Romero Comedy...

MinionZombie
19-Jun-2008, 09:11 PM
A comedy. I would love to see a Romero Comedy...
He did mention a zombie comedy in the style of a road runner cartoon ... that I'd be interested to see to be honest.

I liked Diary, despite the flaws (and indeed liked Land more than Diary), but I'm not fussed about a sequel. I say leave it be now, and either:

A) Do the road runner zombie comedy.
B) Do a whole other movie without zombies.

I should have the 2-disc UK DVD soon though, looking forward to that. :)

jim102016
24-Jun-2008, 09:00 PM

Will we get to see her naked in the second version? She might be dead by then, but that's ok too.

DubiousComforts
25-Jun-2008, 03:10 PM
i say it is high time for him to do something else for a bit.
Yeah, and I'm still waiting for chocolate air.

Everyone enjoys playing armchair quarterback on Romero's next project, but forgets the fact that the poor guy has been trying to do "something else" since 1969. Nobody wants to pony up for the "legendary director" to do anything else but zombie movies, and it seems they don't want to pay much for that either.

"More tits" is the easily most retarded suggestion ever, though it will probably be topped soon enough by the next inane comment. Aren't there already enough outlets for that sort thing without Romero's niche films getting involved?

All the more reason why it's obviously a good thing that he's da director and youse bozos is just da fans. :p:p:p:p:p (obligatory emoticons 4 u)

bassman
25-Jun-2008, 03:48 PM
Everyone enjoys playing armchair quarterback on Romero's next project, but forgets the fact that the poor guy has been trying to do "something else" since 1969. Nobody wants to pony up for the "legendary director" to do anything else but zombie movies, and it seems they don't want to pay much for that either.

:rockbrow:

The Crazies, Martin, Knightriders, Creepshow, Monkey Shines, The Dark Half, Bruiser. Not to mention TV shows, specials, commercials, etc. True, he hasn't done a whole lot outside of the dead series, but to say that he hasn't done anything else but zombie movies is a stretch.

DubiousComforts
25-Jun-2008, 03:58 PM
The Crazies, Martin, Knightriders, Creepshow, Monkey Shines, The Dark Half, Bruiser. Not to mention TV shows, specials, commercials, etc. True, he hasn't done a whole lot outside of the dead series, but to say that he hasn't done anything else but zombie movies is a stretch.
I'm not saying that he hasn't done anything outside of zombie films. I'm pointing out the irony of everyone saying that it's time he took a break from zombie films. Anyone that wasn't born yesterday should know that he's been trying to do just that for decades.

Can you just imagine the bitching and moaning if Romero's next three films over the next five years were like his 70s output: Jack's Wife, The Crazies and Martin?

jim102016
25-Jun-2008, 04:42 PM

"More tits" is the easily most retarded suggestion ever, though it will probably be topped soon enough by the next inane comment. Aren't there already enough outlets for that sort thing without Romero's niche films getting involved?

All the more reason why it's obviously a good thing that he's da director and youse bozos is just da fans. :p:p:p:p:p (obligatory emoticons 4 u)

Could almost be as retarded as suggesting or waiting around for 'chocolate air'. You're too serious Dubious, gonna have a heart attack. If GAR didn't have true fans who quarterbacked his work, he'd have no one at all. The little teenagers who go to the movies don't count for much.

DubiousComforts
25-Jun-2008, 05:11 PM
Could almost be as retarded as suggesting or waiting around for 'chocolate air'. You're too serious Dubious, gonna have a heart attack.
You wouldn't know "too serious" if it crawled up your piehole and laid eggs (and the same could be said for "irony" and "sarcasm"). Didn't you notice all the emoticons in my post, or didn't I post enough of them?

I bet it would just make y'alls day to see the Texas chick's boobs. So what's the point? What do you do once you see them?

jim102016
25-Jun-2008, 05:31 PM
You wouldn't know "too serious" if it crawled up your piehole and laid eggs (and the same could be said for "irony" and "sarcasm"). Didn't you notice all the emoticons in my post, or didn't I post enough of them?

I bet it would just make y'alls day to see the Texas chick's boobs. So what's the point? What do you do once you see them?

Nope, sure wouldn't, I don't get upset over such things like you're doing right now. I like your example though. I didn't enjoy Diary that much, if he were to make a second one, the only thing I would enjoy would be to see her naked. That, and I'd like to see the inside of the panic room in more detail and perhaps the layout of mansion's grounds.

DubiousComforts
25-Jun-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't get upset over such things like you're doing right now.
Right, 'cause you know everything!

Why is it that only boob talk is considered humorous, and anyone that doesn't 'get it' is told to lighten up? Sense of humor isn't the problem--you unfunny folks just need better material! :D

clanglee
25-Jun-2008, 07:56 PM
Boobs, not funny. . . but they are TITilating!!

Man Boobs however are quite funny. . .

My man boobs are, however, not.:(

jim102016
25-Jun-2008, 08:20 PM
Right, 'cause you know everything!

Why is it that only boob talk is considered humorous, and anyone that doesn't 'get it' is told to lighten up? Sense of humor isn't the problem--you unfunny folks just need better material! :D

Lighten up!

mista_mo
25-Jun-2008, 09:58 PM

Jesus christ man, i was joking.

Good thing your not the directer otherwise the movie would be bland and dull beyond reproach.

also HAI GUYZ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I JUST ATE MY OWN FART LOLOLOLOLDFJKLKLJKLDFHJKL LOLOLOLOLOLOLO :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(;);):p:p:clown::clown::dead::| :rockbrow::skull::stunned::rant::rant::blood::anno yed::shifty::shifty::o:o;););):(:(;););):D:(:(:):) :):):):):(:(

Theres your obligatory emoticons.

DubiousComforts
25-Jun-2008, 10:48 PM
Boobs, not funny. . . but they are TITilating!!

Man Boobs however are quite funny. . .

My man boobs are, however, not.:(
But there is humor to be found in self-depreciation. Rodney Dangerfield made a fortune from it.

Good thing your not the directer otherwise the movie would be bland and dull beyond reproach.
Face it, every thread that I post in becomes infinitely more amusing and entertaining.

I'll bet you still want to see that Texas chick's cans, too.:p

clanglee
25-Jun-2008, 11:16 PM
But there is humor to be found in self-depreciation. Rodney Dangerfield made a fortune from it.

That's like 70% of the humor I have. But lemme tell ya, don't mis pronounce that word there. I one told someone at a job interview that i have a self-defficating sense of humor. :stunned: Needless to say, I didn't get the job.

DubiousComforts
26-Jun-2008, 02:44 PM
I one told someone at a job interview that i have a self-defficating sense of humor. :stunned: Needless to say, I didn't get the job.
That's OK, it was probably a real ****ty job and they didn't want an overachiever. :D

Trin
26-Jun-2008, 06:59 PM
Why can't GAR put in commentary regarding our cultural fascination with boobs, displaying them, increasing their size, judging people by them, etc.? That's very relevant to today's society. Diary 2 could be 93 minutes of boob commentary with a couple zombies thrown in to push the plot from boob-site to boob-site. And when someone sacrifes their friend for boobs instead of criticizing the believability we'll all sit around saying, "Well, yeah, I can see that."

At least maybe when we're beat over the head with the commentary it might not seem so bad. :hyper:

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2008, 08:02 PM
At least maybe when we're beat over the head with the commentary it might not seem so bad. :hyper:

Beat over which head? :rockbrow::sneaky::D

Titty-f*ck!!!! :p:):p

jim102016
28-Jun-2008, 09:32 PM
Maybe Romero should make his second Diary a skin flick of sorts. After seeing the first one, something is gonna have to motivate me into watching the second. Every women who's moderately attractive in the sequel should have to play their parts naked. The movie can go on as if nothing is wrong. Doesn't matter if its raining, snowing, hailing, etc. In the car, in the house, shooting at the dead, etc. They can even come back to life naked and shuffle around for a while. They can be the last ones shot down.

I need to be excited about this movie!

DubiousComforts
30-Jun-2008, 05:32 PM
I need to be excited about this movie!
I would've gladly pick up some exciting black-on-white anal sex vids for you if the Bible-beaters didn't get the last of local porn shops closed down and Disney hadn't taken over 42nd Street with wholesome family entertainment. :p

jim102016
30-Jun-2008, 11:22 PM
I would've gladly pick up some exciting black-on-white anal sex vids for you if the Bible-beaters didn't get the last of local porn shops closed down and Disney hadn't taken over 42nd Street with wholesome family entertainment. :p

Wow, where the hell do you live?

Mike70
30-Jun-2008, 11:44 PM
But lemme tell ya, don't mis pronounce that word there. I one told someone at a job interview that i have a self-defficating sense of humor.

:lol:

you are so funny it causes you to sh*t yourself.

acealive1
30-Jun-2008, 11:55 PM

but disney owns porn studios :stunned::stunned::stunned:

clanglee
01-Jul-2008, 01:54 AM

you are so funny it causes you to sh*t yourself.

Exactly. . .the bad part was I couldn't stop myself from saying it. . even though I knew I had it wrong. . so it came out all slow and pronounced. Horrible embarassing experience. :o

dracenstein
01-Jul-2008, 04:17 AM
I would rather see another group of survivors vs the walking dead, and maybe, vs another group of survivors, post Land of the Dead.

You know, two groups of humans fighting over dwindling resources. Maybe make one group being led by a religious zealot?

Religious fervour could be the next 'social commentary' George could be exploring.

EDIT: Maybe Texas chick or the survivors of Diary or Riley's survivors could get in the thick of it.

For the boobs lobby, who's for seeing Prettyboy's boobs?

MinionZombie
01-Jul-2008, 11:10 AM
Well considering Diary is on the first 72 hours-ish of an outbreak, and Land is 3 years into another outbreak, the chance of the two sets of characters mixing is about 0%.

Also, if a sequel was done to Diary, I'd like to see it hand-held - but - not first person camera, I'd want it to be normal style so the camera isn't acknowledged.

GAR talked about how Diary would have been impossible to shoot with traditional set-ups on their budget, but I think you could still make a traditional movie, with proper cut aways, close-ups and such by going entirely hand-held in longer takes and still pull it off. He'd have to up the budget a bit, say double it, but I think it could be done.

I wouldn't want to see another Diary as-is, to be honest, because it's been done now - and in addition we've had our fill in general with first person view movies.

Although, GAR's idea for a zombie comedy in the style of a Road Runner cartoon sounds rather interesting ... or indeed, if he did another film that wasn't zombies, but still had the traditional GAR vibe - like Martin.

bassman
08-Jul-2008, 01:58 PM
Looks like those of us wanting Romero to tackle a subject outside of the living dead may get our wish. It's nothing confirmed, but this is a story from Arrow in the Head:

We got word today on some potentially big news. Now we've been talking about the Spanish film LOS CRONOCRIMENES here at AITH for a while. It's a twisted flick about time travel that's gotten positive praise wherever it's been throughout the world. So of course... that means there's a US remake of it in production.

We've been keeping you updated on that as well. We last told you that David Cronenberg seemed to be in line for the director's chair for TIMECRIMES. Well it looks like someone else is laying claim to that title. And if we can't have Mr. Cronenberg tackling the project, who's the next best name?

Well maybe George A. Romero isn't the very next name to come to mind, but I'm definitely down for giving him a go! Romero's a great director, of obvious zombie fame, so to see him tackle something like complex time travel is down right exciting.

Least that's my song and dance. We got a major tip from Tump today, pointing us in the direction of Dutch film site FilmTotaal. There they drop word that Romero is running all over town at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival telling anyone that will listen that he's directing TIMECRIMES.

It's already been announced that Timothy J. Sexton (CHILDREN OF MEN) is set to write the script with Steve Zaillian and Agnes Metre producing.

Mind you this isn't technically 'official' but if it's coming from Romero's mouth... I'll take his word for it. Once again, big thanks to Tump for the heads up. So until we get official word... enjoy LOS CRONOCRIMENES' beautiful hottie Bárbara Goenaga below.

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/tcchick.jpg

Like it says, it's just talk....but it's something.

MinionZombie
08-Jul-2008, 05:46 PM
Yep, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting ... :lol:

As for the news, interesting indeed.

The only downside is it's another one of those 'US folk don't like foreign films, so let's remake it' things ... however, if they can take it somewhere new and apply a different dynamic to it that will work well, then it might be good.

It'd certainly be good for Romero to get out there and prove himself to be more than just the zombie flicks. :)

Minerva_Zombi
08-Jul-2008, 05:53 PM

The only downside is it's another one of those 'US folk don't like foreign films, so let's remake it' things ... however, if they can take it somewhere new and apply a different dynamic to it that will work well, then it might be good.

It'd certainly be good for Romero to get out there and prove himself to be more than just the zombie flicks. :)

I think he's done that with great movies like Martin, Knightriders, and Bruiser.

MinionZombie
08-Jul-2008, 06:00 PM
I think he's done that with great movies like Martin, Knightriders, and Bruiser.
What I meant to say was - prove himself today, particularly to the people who've only just cottoned onto him and really only seen Land and/or Diary.

Generally, he's still only considered by the mainstream in terms of his zed flicks, so it'd be nice for him to step outside of that realm and prove himself on a grander stage in the present day, and re-affirm all us hardcore GAR followers.

jim102016
09-Jul-2008, 02:42 AM

There's truth to that, foreign films (with exceptions of course) aren't well received in the U.S. Part of the country's fascination with everything celebrity...the insane think they're royalty.

I'm disgusted with GAR's recent endeavors into the zombie realm, perhaps he can pull something out of his ass with other projects. Hopefully, he'll be able to put another dead film back on the burner in the near future, one that has nothing to do with Land or Dairy.

capncnut
18-Jul-2008, 06:57 PM
Diary 2 to begin production this September. Here's the lowdown.

The boys over at Dread Central are reporting that George A. Romero is set to direct Diary of the Dead 2 this September. The website "learned that George has to attend several meetings about DIARY 2 which have the project significantly hitting the fast track. So significantly that we got the word it's 99.9% a go for the film to start production this September..." Our heroes, trapped in the mansion where we left them, battle waves of ravenous zombies, barely escaping alive. In search of a safe place to settle, they commandeer an abandoned ferry and sail to a deserted island, only to find that it is already populated by a civilization of the dead. The next episode of the saga is a violent siege set in the middle of nowhere, a desperate struggle for survival, and peace, between two tribes: the living and the living dead.

Mike70
18-Jul-2008, 07:03 PM
Diary 2 to begin production this September. Here's the lowdown.

a civilization of the living dead??:stunned:

peace between two tribes: the living and the dead??:stunned:

to steal a phrase from neil: oh dear!

that synopisis sounds like total sh*t to me in all honesty. i prefer my zombies to be mindless eating machines not engaged in a struggle for peace and co-existence. are they going to be led by a henry kissinger type zombie who will mumble on about geo-political goals and the need for detente with the humans???

clanglee
18-Jul-2008, 07:20 PM
:stunned:

I was soo with it until that peace between tribes bit. . . I sooooooooo hope that didn't mean what I think it might mean.

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm stunned!

Where's this come from all of a sudden?!

Sounds like it's going to be significantly wider in scale than the previous film. I wonder if it'll be traditionally shot (4th wall in tact) or will it be like the first film (4th wall recognised)?

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2008, 09:05 PM
Were such a premise to go forward, even though I prefer mindless zombies, I would just hope that GAR would do right by the script and filming. If he delivers a well thought out, well reasoned plot with good scripting and believable characters the viewers can empathize with, then I'll be at least mollified and very happy for him.

capncnut
19-Jul-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm stunned!
Makes two of us, braah! :stunned:

MinionZombie
19-Jul-2008, 09:58 AM
Makes two of us, braah! :stunned:
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/740/740333/miss-teacher-bangs-a-boy-20061019104719021.jpg

Debbieangel
20-Jul-2008, 02:34 AM
It looks like GAR is going to break some new ground with Diary2, who knows? We have to remember that this is at the beginning stages he hasnt even started shooting the movie yet. I always hold out for the finished product.
It kind of sounds interesting to me how in the world he is going to accomplish all of this on the grand scale. Is he going to have a lot more zombies in it? I mean really are they going to be side by side, living and dead? or are they just gonna have a sort of truce like Riley and Big Daddy seemed to have at the end of Land? This all is very intriguing how GAR is going to pull it all off!
I can't wait to see...I for one again will go see or buy it on dvd!

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2008, 10:43 AM
Well he's got a guaranteed cinema ticket sale and DVD sale from me, that's for sure. But that's a given anyway. :)

jim102016
20-Jul-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm up for a sequel, but a sequel with new characters that continues with the process of the dead coming to life. No hand-held camera, no overblown GI Joe-type lesson to be learned, and a different name.

It's not too much to ask for, is it?

As mentioned, a prequel to Land would be interesting, as would a prequel to Day. I'd like to see where the characters from Day came from and what they witnessed before they arrived at the bunker. Maybe an insight into the civilian or military authority which sent the group to Florida.

Doc
20-Jul-2008, 05:05 PM
Meh to honest I rather see The Diamond Dead (one of his scrapped projects) be made next instead of a Diary Of The Dead Sequel.

Neil
21-Jul-2008, 08:39 AM
Meh to honest I rather see The Diamond Dead (one of his scrapped projects) be made next instead of a Diary Of The Dead Sequel.

If we do get Diary 2, I hope it is a sequel in name only, and not style/quality...

sandrock74
22-Jul-2008, 03:06 AM
Me: "Thanks G.I. George, now I know!"
GAR: "And knowing is half the battle."

That's how I felt watching Diary of the Dead. I just hope the sequel isn't so heavy on the social commentary!

clanglee
22-Jul-2008, 05:21 AM
Me: "Thanks G.I. George, now I know!"
GAR: "And knowing is half the battle."

That's how I felt watching Diary of the Dead. I just hope the sequel isn't so heavy on the social commentary!

:lol::lol::lol:

Classic

Bub666
23-Jul-2008, 01:36 AM
I hope they make a sequel.I would watch it.

Legion2213
23-Jul-2008, 11:13 PM
:stunned:

I was soo with it until that peace between tribes bit. . . I sooooooooo hope that didn't mean what I think it might mean.

Oh jesus h frigging christ!

civilizations of the dead, peace between the two tribes, I suppose smart daddy will be the fairly elected democratic leader of this peaceful zombie commune and will make a heart felt "I have a dream" speech at some stage of the movie as well...:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2008, 12:25 PM
Don't tell me he starting that Land of the Dead crap again?

Jesus, I am starting to lose faith in old Uncle George.

How friggin hard is it to just make a plain balls to the wall gory zombie flick?

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 12:36 PM
a civilization of the living dead??:stunned:

peace between two tribes: the living and the dead??:stunned:

to steal a phrase from neil: oh dear!

that synopisis sounds like total sh*t to me in all honesty. i prefer my zombies to be mindless eating machines not engaged in a struggle for peace and co-existence. are they going to be led by a henry kissinger type zombie who will mumble on about geo-political goals and the need for detente with the humans???

Here's a new phrase for you, given what I've been reading about this proposed film...

Oh dear! Oh dear!

EvilNed
24-Jul-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh come on. It's a rumour. I can't believe you guys are actually buying it.

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh come on. It's a rumour. I can't believe you guys are actually buying it.
Yeah, but it comes from a fairly reliable source. But I know what you mean, pinch of salt and all that.

EvilNed
24-Jul-2008, 01:29 PM
Dread Central didn't, in turn, post their own source, so I'm just gonna go out right now and tell you all:

This is fake.

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 01:33 PM
Dread Central didn't, in turn, post their own source, so I'm just gonna go out right now and tell you all:

This is fake.

Hopefully... But do you remember when this was just a rumour...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/night30/nightse_joke.jpg
(Night 30th Anniversary Edition with new footage in)

...and unfortunately that somehow happened!

ps: I did quite a good job there didn't I all those years ago with Photoshop :)

EvilNed
24-Jul-2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, that is quite a good job. lol

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 03:10 PM
Must admit... Finding Land somewhat average, and Diary even more of a let down, I'm concerned (to say the least) about any future film he does :(

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 06:17 PM
Hopefully... But do you remember when this was just a rumour...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/night30/nightse_joke.jpg
(Night 30th Anniversary Edition with new footage in)

...and unfortunately that somehow happened!

ps: I did quite a good job there didn't I all those years ago with Photoshop :)
Bravo Neil! :)

Now that I would be interested to see ... I haven't seen Night 30th ... I kinda wanna just to see how eye-rapingly bad it is. :lol:

Then I could write a "bitch list" about it.

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 06:33 PM
Bravo Neil! :)

Now that I would be interested to see ... I haven't seen Night 30th ... I kinda wanna just to see how eye-rapingly bad it is. :lol:

You haven't seen how Hinzman - 30 years older - blends in 'perfectly' with his previous footage?

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 07:37 PM
You haven't seen how Hinzman - 30 years older - blends in 'perfectly' with his previous footage?
Funny you should mentioned that, I just posted a Making Of for Night 30th, as seen on YouTube, in the Dead Discussion forum.

My god ... what a POOR match! :lol:

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 08:40 PM

MZ, you might need a few spare hours on that list mate.

Indeed, it's almost seamless. :lol:

Trencher
25-Jul-2008, 08:56 AM
I am going to see diary 2 if it comes out but I really wish that Romero would focus on the interaction between people who must face zombies as a hostile force rather than the zombies struggle for their right to eat people.

DubiousComforts
25-Jul-2008, 04:30 PM
I am going to see diary 2 if it comes out but I really wish that Romero would focus on the interaction between people who must face zombies as a hostile force rather than the zombies struggle for their right to eat people.
Which Romero movie contains the latter?

clanglee
25-Jul-2008, 08:59 PM
I think he refers to Land.

Trencher
25-Jul-2008, 10:20 PM
Which Romero movie contains the latter?

It was a snarky comment directed at the meta plot of land and therefore the entire zombie concept by Romero. It was inspired by the rumour of the "civilisation of the undead" in the next movie.