PDA

View Full Version : calling on fans of the man in black

Danny
13-May-2008, 12:11 AM
SmVAWKfJ4Go

So i do a podcast with a longtime freind of mine and on the 7th one, the most recent, he claimed "jhonny cash was ****", so he aint listening to me when i say hes a legend so can fans of cash please leave a message on here to show him during the next podcast?;)

Mike70
14-May-2008, 02:40 AM
johnny cash was an absolute legend in every sense. a man that wasn't afraid of using rock style in his songs and wasn't afraid of any backlash that it might cause among his country fans.

cash was like "yeah, i cover soundgarden, depeche mode and U2 and i'll play em live. you got a f*cking problem with that?"

add to that the number of great songs he wrote himself (the list could fill 100 posts) and the dude was an amazing artist and musician.

anyone who thinks otherwise ought to be dipped in honey and fed to fire ants.

capncnut
14-May-2008, 12:27 PM
bCftkirSpHE
Says it all, really...

cash was like "yeah, i cover soundgarden, depeche mode and U2 and i'll play em live. you got a f*cking problem with that?"
His cover of Nick Cave's 'The Mercy Seat' was awesome.

bassman
14-May-2008, 01:35 PM
I've heard alot of people say they don't like Cash and I can understand why they don't. He's not exactly everyone's cup of tea. I like him though. At Folsom Prison is one of my favorite cds of all time. In fact....*pulls it up on ipod*....

ProfessorChaos
16-May-2008, 01:08 AM
one time i had to get my wisdom teeth taken out courtesy of the veteran's affairs dept, but had to travel a couple of hours to get there. my grandmother took me, and the film walk the line had just came out and just saw it the night before. i took 3 of my cash cd's with me for the ride, and my grandmother and i listened to johnny cash the whole way there and back (the ride home was fun since i was doped to the tits on painkillers and such), and i even took my grandmother to see the film for her birthday the next weekend.

an artist that can bridge a generational gap between someone like me and my (very spiritual lady) grandmother for a four hour car-ride is pretty amazing.

cash rocks, your friend sucks.

Mutineer
16-May-2008, 01:10 AM
Is your friend 10 years old ? :annoyed:

Danny
16-May-2008, 01:48 AM
Is your friend 10 years old ? :annoyed:

he wears stripey polo shirts, his car trunks fuiile dby a bass and hes white as fook.

if he wears burberry were through as freinds :lol:

AcesandEights
16-May-2008, 02:39 AM
cash rocks, your friend sucks.

Says it all, right there :p

Dillinger
19-May-2008, 09:04 PM
I feel sorry for all these young bucks who were introduced to Johnny Cash by that movie Walk the Line. Johnny Cash did a lot of stuff. People know Ring of Fire, Daddy sang Bass & Folsom Prison Blues from the movie, but where JC really shined was his underground outlaw music. Songs like Cocaine Blues, etc..

As for your candy ass friend, tell him this:

The country DeeJays think that i'm an outlaw
They'd never come to see me in this dive
Where bikers stare at cowboys
Who are laughing at the hippies
Who are praying they'll get out of here alive

The loud mouth in the corner is getting to me
Talking 'bout my earrings and my hair
I guess he ain't he read the sign that says I've been to prison
Someone ought to warn him before I knock him off his chair

'Cause my long hair just can't cover up my red neck
And i've won every fight I ever fought
And I don't need some turkey telling me that I ain't country
Saying I ain't worth the damned ol' ticket that he bought

'Cause I can sing all them songs about Texas
And I still do all the sad ones that I know
They tell me I look like Merle Haggard
But sound a lot like David Allan Coe

Yeah, Johnny Cash helped me get out of prison
Long before Rodriguez stole that goat
I've been a Rhinestone Cowboy for so long I can't remember
And I can do ya every song Hank Williams ever wrote!

REPEAT

'Cause I can sing all them songs about Texas...

DjfunkmasterG
20-May-2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry hellsing, your friend is an idiot. How can anyone say Johnny Cash is not a legend, or sucks. The man was a pioneer by bringing country and rockabilly to the mainstream, not too mention mixing gospel into his style.

The man was one of the true artists of the music industry.