PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Living Dead 40th Anniversary DVD review

DubiousComforts
13-May-2008, 12:24 PM
Read the review here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063350/board/thread/105919662?d=105919662#105919662).

I disagree with the assessment of "great, dynamic cover art" but perhaps the reviewer has seen something that the rest of us haven't?

No original mono soundtrack? It really should be called the US "pants" edition.

axlish
13-May-2008, 03:18 PM
"The image is crisp and clear, but no more than what you get on the $5 Goodtimes DVD..."

Um, no. The Goodtimes DVD looks like arse.

Thomas Brown, he is a member here. He used to work for Tempe back in the day.

DubiousComforts
13-May-2008, 04:18 PM
[I]
Thomas Brown, he is a member here. He used to work for Tempe back in the day.
Thomas Brown directed the 25th anniversary documentary. The long version which begins in the cemetery and contains additional interview footage is excellent, much better than the edited Simitar version. It will be interesting to see how the new documentary compares.

axlish
13-May-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah I scored the new version off of him a couple of years back. Not sure if it ever got released though.

DubiousComforts
13-May-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah I scored the new version off of him a couple of years back. Not sure if it ever got released though.
Not in the USA, but overseas it's been released as the "Reflections of the Dead" extra on several DVDs. The updated music is a huge improvement.

capncnut
14-May-2008, 12:09 PM
Not in the USA, but overseas it's been released as the "Reflections of the Dead" extra on several DVDs. The updated music is a huge improvement.
Thanks for this info Dub. I got the original 25th Anniversary Documentary but had no idea there was an update. Saw Reflections in my local store for £2! Wondered what the hell it was.