PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart (Wii)

axlish
14-May-2008, 02:49 PM
So I picked this up last week. It is so fun that I literally have to limit my time on it. Before I know it, two hours have gone by. I haven't even messed with the multi player or online play at all yet.

Anyone else pick this one up?

3pidemiC
14-May-2008, 03:40 PM
That's the next game I plan to get. I'm busy playing Super Smash at the moment.

Danny
14-May-2008, 05:38 PM
loved it, that and brawl have sold me a wii and i plan on getting one with mark
io kart this saturday.

capncnut
14-May-2008, 05:57 PM
That's the next game I plan to get.
Ditto.

Danny
14-May-2008, 06:05 PM
for those who haven't tried it the wheel rocks, its actually a peripheral for the wiimote that makes it more fun to play ,instead of a stupid add-on like the golf club or tennis racket ones.

slickwilly13
14-May-2008, 06:20 PM
I plan on buying this game soon. Maybe with the extra cash I just now received from selling my text books that I won't use anymore. While the wheel is no 720 degree controller. ex. MS Sexbox 369 steering wheel controller. It does work quite well for what it is. I played it at Best Buy the day I purchased GTA 4. After a few minutes, I got used to the wheel. If anyone enjoys racing games or the MK series, then check this game out.

axlish
14-May-2008, 07:37 PM
The wheel is a lot more functional that I originally thought. I'm not even a fan of the earlier Mario Kart games and I am totally into this one. I haven't decided if I like it better than Excite Truck just yet, but I am sure that the online multiplayer option will give Mario Kart the edge.

Danny
15-May-2008, 12:30 AM
tried excite truck with the wiimote?.

axlish
15-May-2008, 03:30 AM
Yeah that is the only way I've played it, haven't put it in the console in a while. I just got the wheel with Mario Kart so I've only had it for a little over a week.

Danny
15-May-2008, 03:37 AM
*slaps forehead*, my bad, i meant tried excite truck with the wheel you get with mario kart?

slickwilly13
19-May-2008, 04:44 AM
Bought it yesterday and playing it now.

axlish
19-May-2008, 02:58 PM
*slaps forehead*, my bad, i meant tried excite truck with the wheel you get with mario kart?

Haven't yet, I've got it lent out at the moment. I'll eport back when I do.

Oh yeah, I've been playing online. It is fun as H ELL! You can bring one or two players into the game from your console. It is much more realistic competition. You can actually run away with a race while the rest of the pack battles it out. Also, there is much less comuter cheeze, like you can actually get near a finish line without getting bombarded with 2 or 3 items.

Danny
19-May-2008, 05:50 PM
bought a wii today and im getting mario kart and galaxy when donkey konga 2 and twilight princess lose there novelty factor, WICH IN DONKEY KNOGAS CASE WILL BE NEVER.

DeadJonas190
20-May-2008, 01:45 AM
I bought it the day it came out and I enjoy it. My only complaint is that I have yet to be able to play it online. I am always "removed from the game" as the race starts without an error code so it's not my connection.

It is very annoying.

So is the catch up logic programmed in that bombards me with every item that hits the person in first place just as I am about to win. It happens nearly every time. I still love the game though, its a great multiplayer experiance.