PDA

View Full Version : eerie...

Mike70
15-May-2008, 09:12 PM
this is a video of prypyat, ukraine the ghost city that was abandoned because of the chernobyl disaster set to music by godspeed you black emperor.

CnigFmQTC4s

MikePizzoff
15-May-2008, 09:23 PM
Funny, at the end the person credits Glenn Danzig as the music. :rockbrow:

Danny
15-May-2008, 09:23 PM
roadside picnic anyone?

p2501
15-May-2008, 10:41 PM
Meh, The town i live in looks like this everynight after about 10pm.

I've come home form work at 2300 and there is no one on the street in a town of roughly 3,000 people. by it's self it's creepy enough. then factor in that the town looks damn similar to the town from Silent Hill and you get something special.......

AcesandEights
15-May-2008, 11:01 PM
Great music, but a trite choice given the subject matter.

Mike70
15-May-2008, 11:08 PM
Funny, at the end the person credits Glenn Danzig as the music. :rockbrow:

yeah that left me mystified as well.

Danny
16-May-2008, 12:19 AM
Meh, The town i live in looks like this everynight after about 10pm.

I've come home form work at 2300 and there is no one on the street in a town of roughly 3,000 people. by it's self it's creepy enough. then factor in that the town looks damn similar to the town from Silent Hill and you get something special.......

man, on boxing day this year i ddint go to sleep onchristmas day and walked down to my grandparents on the other side of town at 3am, but spent a good hour walking the dog on the way there and normally theres traffic, piss ed' chavs and the like by it was abandoned, AND were next to one of the busiest motorways around and there was no traffic on there either.
it was unsettling to say the least.

clanglee
16-May-2008, 08:06 AM
Music sounds a bit like Lux Aeterna, just not as good.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKLpJtvzlEI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKLpJtvzlEI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SymphonicX
17-May-2008, 01:24 PM
T'is the Godspeed song from 28 Days Later no?

Still, shots could've been better - man I would LOVE to walk around that city for a few days....it's also a great location for another zombie movie...

Tricky
17-May-2008, 01:46 PM
"what are you doing here stalker" :p

EvilNed
17-May-2008, 01:51 PM
That's the music from 28 Days Later. I'm surprised nobody recognized it.

axlish
17-May-2008, 02:16 PM
I've seen a documentary called Pripyat documenting said town. About a dozen or so people never left, and are perfectly healthy. Folks also still work at the Chernobyl plant. The effects of the meltdown have been overstated for the most part. There are still hot spots that you shouldn't go, but overall, the damage isn't as great as you might read. Wildlife has adapted to the area and taken over. I saw a doc on the wildlife aspect as well. The animals most effected are the ones who eat things from out of the ground. Even those animals lifespan(s) are barely effected.

Intresting place, I'd love to visit.

MinionZombie
17-May-2008, 04:49 PM
"what are you doing here stalker" :p
"...dangerous but well paid meeshuns..." :D

"...get out of here stalker ... get out of here stalker ... " (I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME! lol)

"...I said come in, don't stand there!" (NO YOU NEVER! :D)

Damn I love that game...indeed, it's the 28DL music, spotted that straight away...it's even in the title of the video itself. :p

AcesandEights
17-May-2008, 05:30 PM

I did, that's why I said it was a trite choice :rolleyes:

Mike70
17-May-2008, 06:42 PM

i thought that it would go without saying that everyone would recognize it.

SymphonicX
17-May-2008, 06:43 PM
Did no one notice that I recognised it?? Damn you all...

Mike70
17-May-2008, 06:43 PM
I've seen a documentary called Pripyat documenting said town. About a dozen or so people never left, and are perfectly healthy. Folks also still work at the Chernobyl plant. The effects of the meltdown have been overstated for the most part. There are still hot spots that you shouldn't go, but overall, the damage isn't as great as you might read. Wildlife has adapted to the area and taken over. I saw a doc on the wildlife aspect as well. The animals most effected are the ones who eat things from out of the ground. Even those animals lifespan(s) are barely effected.

Intresting place, I'd love to visit.

i've seen those docs too. the really dangerous thing is the dust in the reactor room. not something you'd want to breathe in at all.

dude hopefully everyone recognized it.

MinionZombie
17-May-2008, 09:35 PM
I noticed it immediately too - damn youze all for ignoring our recognition of the track!

We're smart you know! :D:p

SymphonicX
18-May-2008, 11:35 AM
I noticed it immediately too - damn youze all for ignoring our recognition of the track!

We're smart you know! :D:p

That's what I keep saying....not about you though.... :D

EvilNed
20-May-2008, 11:01 PM
i thought that it would go without saying that everyone would recognize it.

Ah... Chucks. :p