PDA

View Full Version : From Moviehole: Romero Unsure About Diary of the Dead 2

Geophyrd
16-May-2008, 12:49 PM
Romero unsure about Diary of the Dead 2 (http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080516_romero_unsure_about_diary_of_t.html)
Date : May 16, 2008 Writer : "Caffeinated" Clint Morris

Though a “Diary of the Dead 2” is something he’s apparently attached to, and a remake of “The Crazies” is something he’s OK with, horror-master George Romero tells HorrorMovies.CA that he’s not convinced either project is worth doing, yet….

‘’Yeah, I’m definitely attached [Diary of the Dead 2]”, the Zombie-film Vet says. “If the producers want to make the sequel, I will make it. But who knows, I could be written out of it. As far as the project being greenlit, the answer is no. I haven’t gotten a check yet.”

There’s a “Crazies” remake in the works – but the filmmaker doesn’t much care about it.

“Well they’re still talking about remaking [it]. I don’t know if it’s going to happen. But look, look at Creepshow 3….dreadful. Day of the Dead 2:Contagium…dreadful. They like remaking them, but they don’t exactly put as much thought into them. Like I said before, I don’t care! (laughs) I’m not getting anything out of it. They’re[remakes] aren’t apart of my life. I don’t particularly care for them.”

I gotta say, I really enjoyed Romero’s “Diary of the Dead” – it was good to see him do something different, even if it was, for better or worse, still a zombie movie – and look forward to a follow-up… should it happen.