PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe there is no R1 Bluray Disc

DrSiN
19-May-2008, 03:43 AM
What the heck. Granted, upon seeing Diary a second time I'm opinion of the film is much much lower, but I really wanted to add it to my collection.

But I refuse to buy DVDs anymore. It's blue or nothing. And the fact that Diary was shot in HD. Come on. Hopefully the R2 disc will be region free.

DjfunkmasterG
19-May-2008, 11:18 AM
Weinstein is still in the HD-DVD camp, they never stated they were going Blu.

I for one am just mad there is no HD release, whether Blu or Red. I like Dr. Sin, don't buy DVD's anymore.

UPDATE

Found on Blu: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Dead-Blu-ray-Joshua-Close/dp/B001563I6G

Danny
22-May-2008, 03:49 AM
do you really need diary ,which is meant to look like lower end camera footage, in high definition?, kinda takes away form the actual premise of the film a bit dont you think?

UndeadGuyX
22-May-2008, 07:24 PM
do you really need diary ,which is meant to look like lower end camera footage, in high definition?, kinda takes away form the actual premise of the film a bit dont you think?

1080p high-definition just displays the details that are already present in the film's master. The movie was definitely not intended to be viewed at a DVD resolution of 480i.

DrSiN
23-May-2008, 05:06 AM
DJ - Yea I already knew about the Euro-Bluray. I've got it pre-ordered. Just sucks. And I would have taken it in HD-DVD.. I can play both.

Hellsing - Wasn't Diary supposed to be shot on HD video. In any event, once you go HD you never go back.

Just stupid.. plain and simple.

bassman
23-May-2008, 11:45 AM

Dude....you're opening a can of worms with that question. Soon the HD freaks will come out of the darkness and attack.....

UndeadGuyX
24-May-2008, 02:35 PM
Dude....you're opening a can of worms with that question. Soon the HD freaks will come out of the darkness and attack.....

Are you worried because you are incapable of presenting a counter arguement?

bassman
24-May-2008, 03:16 PM
Are you worried because you are incapable of presenting a counter arguement?

Just a little joke there, X.;)

We've been down that dusty trail....

DjfunkmasterG
25-May-2008, 03:50 PM
Well considering Diary was shot on HD cameras... an HD release would only be proper