PDA

View Full Version : Highlander remake...

Neil
22-May-2008, 09:05 AM
Done well, it could rock! The original's strength was that they were able to capture his lonely immortal life going through the ages so well... That said, I fear Hollywood just can't do dark, depressing and broody which is required here!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if545c66bc7e57054442cdd46721ae9c0

MoonSylver
22-May-2008, 10:17 PM
Absolutely loved the 1st one & the series. Hated 2 & 3 with a burning passion. Didn't even bother to watch the last 2 movies. About the only way they could keep going is to do a "reboot" (ugh) & not have The Gathering at the end. Hope it doesn't suck, but it probably will....:rolleyes:

AcesandEights
22-May-2008, 10:42 PM
That sucks, but the original film and the middle years of the tv series are good enough for me, so I won't get too annoyed that they're doing this.

Dillinger
22-May-2008, 11:32 PM
I didn't like the Highlander series, nor did I like Braveheart. I guess the whole scottish thing is kind of lame to me. I don't know if it's the plaid school girl skirts or what, but I just don't like Scottish people.

Wait a minute. Let me re-think that. It's not that I don't like Scottish people. I don't like people that are PROUD to be Scottish and throw it in your face anytime they want. You get the same thing from Plastic Paddy American-irish people who throw their Irish-ness in your face everytime you turn around too. You also get it from jews too, who act like the world revolves them. Mexicans, don't think I forgot about you either. That Viva La Raza, chicano crap gets pretty lame too after you hear it from a few dozen comedians.

The only racial or cultural thing that ever impressed me were those old black blues guys who were brought up on the Mississippi Delta. Hell man, they gave us the blues and rock n' roll. I think they've earned the right to brag a little bit.

Tricky
23-May-2008, 05:08 PM
why remake it though?the first film was good & the only thing a remake could bring to the table is better special effects (even thats debatable if they do them with CGI...ugh)