PDA

View Full Version : New Resident Evil 5 info (full online co-op!!)

CoinReturn
23-May-2008, 12:33 AM
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/resident-evil-5/preview/resident-evil-5/a-20080521155013307049/g-2005138888000000020757

Holy ****!!

Like Gears, the entirety of Resident Evil 5 features jump in/jump out gameplay with the AI taking over the reigns of our mysterious female mercenary when you’re playing alone.

New to Resident Evil 5’s combat system is the ability to lock to a wall and fire around the corner.

Mercenaries mode returns!

With all this excitement it’s easy to forget the rest of the package. Resident Evil 5 doesn’t just feature a story; there’s the returning Mercenaries minigame and a whole host of other extras that are still safely under wraps. We’ll admit to being just a wee bit concerned when it was revealed Shinji Mikami would not be heading up the production of Resident Evil 5, but in spite of this loss on the development team the game is looking like the ultimate game of the series.

Dillinger
23-May-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm not sure that I like that and i'll tell you why. Usually i'm a proponent of co-op in games. I loved the Gears & Halo 3 co-op. That was the only way I completed Legendary in H3.

BUT...

Survival Horror is a different ball of wax. The appealing thing about Resident Evil was that you were all alone in most parts of the game. Of course, you could control other squad members at times and what not, but you were usually off in some dark corridor by yourself. To me, that's more scary.

Craig
23-May-2008, 12:09 PM
BUT...

Survival Horror is a different ball of wax. The appealing thing about Resident Evil was that you were all alone in most parts of the game. Of course, you could control other squad members at times and what not, but you were usually off in some dark corridor by yourself. To me, that's more scary.
Ever since Resident Evil 4 it's been more action-orientated and less survival horror so it's more likely co-op will work. I hope they go back to the old formula at some point :(

Danny
23-May-2008, 01:15 PM
goodbye survival horror, hello gears of war.

axlish
23-May-2008, 02:26 PM
Your link doesn't work. Is this an xbox exclusive?

Craig
23-May-2008, 02:47 PM
goodbye survival horror, hello gears of war.
Too true :(

slickwilly13
23-May-2008, 03:11 PM
Your link doesn't work. Is this an xbox exclusive?

Yeah, I cannot find any info anywhere. Not GameFaqs, Gamespot, or any other site.

Besides, what's the beef about online features? That's great news. An online mulitiplayer merc missions would be awesome. The game itself could be offline, but the unlockable merc missions a diffrent story.

Plus, Outbreak was like the old schooled RE with a multiplayer option.

CoinReturn
23-May-2008, 03:59 PM
Keep in mind that this information was leaked, and Capcom is trying their best to keep this information under wraps. You won't find it on any of the big sites, but here's a link to the original story which was posted on a forum:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299517

Playing through one of Capcom's nightmare scenarios with a friend should prove to be one of the best gaming experiences ever. I think it will add a whole new dimension to the survival horror aspect. Think of the possibilities; it means the both of you can take on more enemies at once, tackle bigger bosses, help barricade houses together, and just allow Capcom to make the game bigger than ever.

slickwilly13
23-May-2008, 11:02 PM
More news on a release date. March of 2009, maybe.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6191516.html

Craig
23-May-2008, 11:20 PM
Playing through one of Capcom's nightmare scenarios with a friend should prove to be one of the best gaming experiences ever. I think it will add a whole new dimension to the survival horror aspect.
I wouldn't call it survival horror any more really, it's more action-adventure now, sadly.