PDA

View Full Version : Reunited Carcass in Reanimator Promo pic

_liam_
28-May-2008, 07:59 PM
Ok bit of background here,

Carcass was a legendary UK Heavy Metal Band that got better and better until they split up about a decade ago. Their lyrics were usually gory stuff, one of them was a medical student, which endowed their lyrics & song titles with an air of grim authenticity.

They all went on to different bands such as Spiritual Beggers, Firebird and the hugely successful Arch Enemy.

BUT NOW THEY ARE BACK

unfortunately, original drummer ken suffered a stroke or something, and is incapable of playing drums for them on the upcoming tour.

So, they posed for this recent pic
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3486/l0918bd9b4c56c45da6421bob5.jpg

Their ex-drummer is the guy dressed as Herbert West :( brings a tear to my eye, that's so sound of them to acknowledge him like that. Cool shot too, very appropriate on many levels

CARCASSSSSSSS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

capncnut
28-May-2008, 10:04 PM
Top news, Leesham. Heartwork is no stranger to my cd player.

MikePizzoff
28-May-2008, 11:31 PM
I can't wait for this tour!!! If they decide not to come to the U.S. I'm going to shoot myself. What's everyone's favorite album? Mine is Necroticism: Descanting The Insalubrious, with Heartwork at a VERY close second.

Speaking of gore-metal, I just went to Maryland Death Fest this past weekend and caught Engorged, Ghoul, and Impaled (among other acts). Also played a show with Impaled on Monday night, which was pretty awesome.

_liam_
29-May-2008, 12:15 AM
yeah N:DTI and Heartwork are joint faves for me, although I also love the Wake up and smell the...Carcass compilation, as it got me into them and has the awesome "Genital Grinder II" - which is awesome, it has the ultra bleak early godflesh/napalm death vibe to it, bloody love it.

But man, Heartwork. That is up there with Master of Puppets. THAT riff in the title track...you know the one I mean...:evil: pure malevolent sounding HEAVY F***ING METAL