PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Hills Cop 4 - *groan*

Neil
29-May-2008, 09:30 AM
Come on... 3 was terrible...

The time has come and gone for these films...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Beverly-Hills-Cop-4-Is-Happening-8983.html

MinionZombie
29-May-2008, 10:46 AM
Come on... 3 was terrible...

The time has come and gone for these films...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Beverly-Hills-Cop-4-Is-Happening-8983.html
Bah, they're only doing it cos of Die Hard 4 ... and DH4 was a let down and dare I say it, too over the top (i.e. clinging onto the wings of a fighter jet in the middle of a web of freeway structures, or nailing a helicopter with a cop car that seems to accelerate even when there's nothing pressing on the gas pedal)...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've even seen any of the BHCop movies before ... if I have I certainly can't remember them AT ALL.

Also, Lethal Weapon 4 ... I mean it was alright, kept more in line with the other films than the likes of Die Hard 4 ... but compared to 1 - 3, especially 1 and 2, it just didn't have the vibe. Enjoyable enough, but not affecting ... now the director's cut of #1, that's awesome.

Murphy's just gagging for a career boost after all those fat suit movies and Spice Girls. :p

Neil
29-May-2008, 11:05 AM
Bah, they're only doing it cos of Die Hard 4 ... and DH4 was a let down and dare I say it, too over the top (i.e. clinging onto the wings of a fighter jet in the middle of a web of freeway structures, or nailing a helicopter with a cop car that seems to accelerate even when there's nothing pressing on the gas pedal)...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've even seen any of the BHCop movies before ... if I have I certainly can't remember them AT ALL.

Also, Lethal Weapon 4 ... I mean it was alright, kept more in line with the other films than the likes of Die Hard 4 ... but compared to 1 - 3, especially 1 and 2, it just didn't have the vibe. Enjoyable enough, but not affecting ... now the director's cut of #1, that's awesome.

Murphy's just gagging for a career boost after all those fat suit movies and Spice Girls. :p

Lethal Weapon 4 was OK, BUT Mel should have died at the end! Jet Li should have killed Mel Gibson in their fight, and then Danny Glover should have gone absolutely mental and ended up killing Jet Li - He was now the 'Lethal Weapon'...

bassman
29-May-2008, 11:50 AM
MZ - You haven't seen/don't remember the Beverly Hills Cop flicks??:eek: They're classic comedy/action flicks, man. 1 & 2(Martin Brest and Tony Scott) are the best, but I'm not sure what John Landis was thinking with the third film. It's not absolutely horrible, but it's not the same vibe as the first two. Anyway....get your ass out there and buy those flicks! I think you can find a three pack of them for 10 bucks now.

I would be down for a fourth film. It will probably not be worth it...but I don't mind them trying. At least it will get Murphy away from all those VERY UNFUNNY fat suit comedies that he's been into lately...

DjfunkmasterG
29-May-2008, 12:58 PM
Brett Ratner is directing... WHY? WHY? WHY?

Tarantino offered, and no one took him up on it, even Tony Scott said he would direct a 4th Cop.

Come on Paramount, we don't need a Pg-13 Beverly Hills Cop, especially from someone like Brett Ratner.

bassman
29-May-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm not expecting Ratner to stay attached. For some reason, I don't see him doing it. And I hope I'm right because he sucks....

capncnut
29-May-2008, 01:16 PM
I would be down for a fourth film. It will probably not be worth it...but I don't mind them trying. At least it will get Murphy away from all those VERY UNFUNNY fat suit comedies that he's been into lately...
I'm with you, Bass. And I'm not too bothered Ratner is directing - I'm just happy Murphy is steering away from those awful FX driven movies of late and is returning to a classic role that once made him King.

And BHC3 haters can just f**k off. Okay, it's nothing compared to the first two but it's still fun in it's own little way. And Hector Elizondo was the MAN!

slickwilly13
29-May-2008, 03:05 PM
I remember every jackass with a keyboard playing the soundtrack at every school talent show during the mid-late 80's.

MikePizzoff
29-May-2008, 08:23 PM
I remember every jackass with a keyboard playing the soundtrack at every school talent show during the mid-late 80's.

(Just finished learning it on my keyboard.)

bassman
29-May-2008, 08:43 PM
All this movie needs to do to make me happy is bring in Serge.

"Acknell...? Ackwell.....Foley is here to see you"

http://www.fast-rewind.com/bhcop3.jpg

Craig
29-May-2008, 09:37 PM
BHC is one of my favourite film series. 1 & 2 were awesome, 3 was okay, simply not as good though.

As with Die Hard 4, I don't hold high hopes for BHC4. Looks like the movie industry is out to ruin all my favourite film trilogies by stapling another one on the end.

slickwilly13
29-May-2008, 10:28 PM
(Just finished learning it on my keyboard.)

Yeah, but these guys sucked and its all they knew how to play on an expensive 1980's era keyboard. At least they could learn the Miami Vice theme. It just became repetitive after a while.

Neil
04-Jun-2008, 03:18 PM
Looks like it could being PG'd down as well... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36964

Mike70
04-Jun-2008, 04:10 PM
i'll go out on limb here - i've never seen any of the beverly hills cop movies. comedy is one genre that i really have never gotten into. granted there are comedies that i have dug but it isn't a movie genre that i really give a crap about.

Danny
04-Jun-2008, 04:17 PM
Jesus **** Christ **** Noooo!!!

Neil
04-Jun-2008, 05:22 PM
i'll go out on limb here - i've never seen any of the beverly hills cop movies. comedy is one genre that i really have never gotten into. granted there are comedies that i have dug but it isn't a movie genre that i really give a crap about.

They're more akin to Lethal Weapon that out and out comedy. BHC 1&2 are damn good films IMHO!

MikePizzoff
04-Jun-2008, 05:28 PM
They're more akin to Lethal Weapon that out and out comedy. BHC 1&2 are damn good films IMHO!

Agree'd. They're flicks that, if one comes on TV (which they pretty much don't anymore), no matter how many times I've seen it, I'll leave it on.

bassman
02-Jul-2008, 03:05 PM
Well....even though I don't like the idea of Brett Ratner directing, at least he knows better than to make it PG13. He had this to say when latinoreview spoke with him:

Dont believe everything you read on the internet. Believe me, this is going to be a hard core 'R' Beverly Hills Cop. I start shooting next year.

And Murphy recently told MTV why he wanted to make a fourth film. Pretty funny:

"Because the third 'Beverly Hills Cop' was horrible! I didn't want to leave it like that. The first two were cool and the third one was sh---y. [Let's] get the franchise fixed again, clean up this old mess and do a good movie. [Don't] just leave Axel with his thumb up his a-- from the last movie. Whatever happened to Axel Foley? He's sitting in Detroit with his thumb up his a-- since 'Beverly Hills Cop III.' Let's take those thumbs out and make a great movie!"

capncnut
02-Jul-2008, 03:19 PM
As someone who thought BHC3 was okay, those two interview quotes are good enough for me. Bring this thing on! :cool: